Author Topic: RAT Continues: Han Solo (AT-ST Disguise)  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: Han Solo (AT-ST Disguise)
« on: December 30, 2004, 02:17 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

The Endor wave rolls on along here with the most controversial of the lot, Han Solo (AT-ST Disguise).  Love him or hate him folks, he's here and you're stuck with him...  And I have a little irony to add to this review too.

Yes, easily the most controversial figure of the '04 Saga line-up, Han Solo in an AT-ST Pilot disguise is disputed as everything from simple Expanded Universe folklore to a downright abomination of the film's plot...  Myself, I am in the (seemingly) minority here who actually believe that Han COULD and WOULD have donned the full outfit so he did not give the ploy away to the Imperials.  Why risk it ya know?

With that said, most think this figure was relatively unnecessary and they wanted a resculpt of Han with his trench coat more.  I can't disagree with that...  But I also liked Han's ability to be a decent piece of Customizing Fodder.

And here's the irony bit I mentioned above...  This figure didn't sit AT ALL.  He shipped in Saga in limited #'s, but in OTC this guy hit FULL FORCE at damn near EVERY retailer in my area.  I found the OTC version at every Toys R Us I go to, almost every Wal-Mart, every Target, and even at K-Mart stores in the area, and ya know what?  He sold out every place.  I know I got 6 alone at one K-Mart when they had a sale and put cases of this wave out, and I stocked up on customizing fodder.

Is he a good figure?  He's ok...  Has his flaws for sure, but as customizing goes he's as good as the Imperial Officer figure he's based off of.  Read the full review though, and give us your opinions here in this thread.

I think he was a suprise...  Now please get on that Trenchcoat Han Solo already Hasbro...  Every Endor Han you've done has pretty much been terrible so you have to redeem yourselves (softgoods coat too, please!).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77