Collectibles > Clone Wars '03-'05

All New "What If?" CW Thread

<< < (2/3) > >>

CHEWIE:
Let's throw in an AT-TE and Homing Spider Droid into the mix.

:P

Angry Ewok:
-Obi in Armor...  Come on, who doesn't want a super articulated Obi-Wan wearing the Clone armor with the robes and stuff?  Someone has to kick Deluxe Durge's ass, ya know?  And speaking of...

-Armorless Durge...  I'd KILL for a poseable Durge without the armor.  What would be extra neat would be if he somehow had the same construction as the tentacles of the Dianoga figure...  Poseable/flexible outer material on a wire frame.  I'd just ultimately like a nice Durge figure minus the armor since that's how he got the smack laid down on him.

-Red ARC Sergeant...  Softgoods cape, super articulated body, blaster holster with carbine/pistol weapon, and holographic Obi-Wan for the wrist communicator. 

-Blue ARC Trooper...  Same as above but comes with a rifle and shoulder-mounted rocket launcher instead of the carbine and holo accessory.

-SA Clone...  Just a re-release of it...  Perhaps battledamaged variants and rank variants.

-Whiphid Jedi...  Be cool if he came with softgoods robes you could simulate "tearing" off of him for with his battle with Greivous.

-Greivous...  Of course, we're gonna get him anyway, but...  Gotta list him.

-Super Poseable Super Battle Droid...  Granted, the line's getting another one with ROTS, but I'd love one with more articulation...  Keep the exploding feature even.

-Quarren w/Trident...  I'd dig one of these dudes.  The Quarren are such a great species... 

-ARC Pilot...  SA Clone's body with the Pilot's head...  Simple, and needed considering that crappy leaning pilot Hasbro dumped out.  Why the lean?  I haven't a clue. 

-Republic Tech...  One of the techs seen running around the Republic fighters.

I would buy all of these - possibly even multiples. I'd like a Durge, especially. I never found the Durge on its first release - so one with removable armor and some sort of stretchy wire-frame flesh would be pretty cool. Why the Obi-Wan hasn't been made yet is beyond me - that the coolest part of the entire series.

Brian:
I'd be on board for the ones listed as well, they all sound pretty cool.  I'd have to agree with Jared, I'm a fan of the Animated figures as well, and wouldn't mind seeing another wave or 2 of those as well.  Not an exhaustive line, but maybe 6-8 more (new) figures would be nice.  That said, additions to the "movie" version line of CW would be nice too.  Either way, that Obi with Trooper armor has to be done, it seems like it would be a no brainer for Hasbro after the reaction that Obi has gotten in the toon.

Brian:
As I've mentioned in some other threads, I've been re-watching some of the Clone Wars toons lately, and its really made me wish for a continuation of the "realistic style" Clone Wars line.  Even if it is just a figure or two in a wave here or there next year, which there might be a possibility of.  It probably could support its own line, and maybe we'll see something like that when the series starts up again in the next couple years.  Jesse has a great list at the start of this thread, and I've also been going over the Clone Wars Databank at the Official Site.  Aside from the obvious army builders (clones, droids, etc.), there are a lot of figures that could be made pretty neat.  Just take their incarnations from the toons/movies, and not "frito bandito" Yoda styled figures.  Actually, as much as I hate to admit it, there are probably a few figures that could be repacked/reworked to fit into the Clone Wars line (the ROTS Jedi figures are good examples).  That being said, here's some I wouldn't mind seeing:

Padme - any style is good, but I think we'd all like to see the Ilum/snowbunny styled getup.

C-3PO/R2 - main/well known characters, maybe a repack of one of the recent good versions.

Yoda - I didn't care for the previous Clone Wars version, but one with a "hood up" or soft goods cloak with hood might be neat.  Pack him together with his steed from the toons, even better.

Mace Windu - Come on, we still need a good Mace.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - The ROTS pilot is a great basic figure, I wouldn't mind seeing an all-new (better than the battle pack) Obi w/armor.

Anakin Skywalker - Evolutions set provides good basic versions for repacks, maybe an all-new sculpted version with the blue tattoos (we got one in the animated line) or something along those lines.

Misc. Jedi - Roron Corobb (Hammerhead), K'Kruhk (Whipid), maybe some repacks with modifications/accessories where necessary (Ki Adi, SaeSee, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Luminara, Barriss,  Aayla, Sora Bulq, Foul Moudama, etc.)

Misc. Clones - Cody, Bly, ARCs, all sorts of clones.  Again, lots of repacks could probably be used here.

Misc. Aliens - Wookiees (Chewie), Nelvaanian, Mon Calamari, Quarren, Utapauns, Geonosians, etc.

Misc. Droids - Battle, SBD, Destroyers, IG Droids w/Durge

Villains - Grievous (new sculpt/scaled), Durge, Asajj, Palpatine, Dooku, etc.

Anyways, like I said, Jesse listed it out better than I could - but there really is/was potential to take this line further.  Its something I think collectors and kids both could enjoy (which we know Hasbro is looking for), if done correctly.  Hopefully the new series will continue along the same path, and the line that accompanies it will be top notch.  The more I look at this list, there are quite a few figures from ROTS that could qualify as CW renditions :).  I know as a kid I would have had a good time setting up all these battles after seeing the toon.

Jediknight760071:

--- Quote ----Whiphid Jedi...  Be cool if he came with softgoods robes you could simulate "tearing" off of him for with his battle with Greivous.
--- End quote ---

Unless you can simulate CPR you might wanna hold off on that. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version