Author Topic: RAT Continues: Bossk  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: Bossk
« on: December 23, 2004, 06:35 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

Kicking off the Star Destroyer Wave today is Bossk who we all remember as being a good figure in the first place, and of course also a cool Trandoshan.  And why do I like Trandoshans?  Because they gets all da ladies, that's why!

Yes, Bossk of all people got a resculpt...  Now, I really dig Bossk and have sort of a character focus on him with my collecting habits.  Any weird Bossk thing I'd pick up because I like how he's always got a bright lizard smile.

The odd thing is, Bossk's first figure wasn't ALL that bad.  The question then is how did Hasbro improve him, if at all?  Well, they did, but they also kinda kicked him in the lizard sack too...  Hard to explain, but they really could've pulled things off better.

Still, we have a Bossk that can hold a NICE new rifle with 2...  uh...  hands?  I dunno what you call his "hands" really.  Claws?  Whatever...  They're like hands I guess...  for a lizard dude.

So if you like Land of the Lost for the freaky Lizard guys from it, then I know you love Bossk.  So read this figure's review already then and stop listening to me yak on and on about cool lizards and their suave attitudes!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: RAT Continues: Bossk
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 10:28 PM »
Ok - sorry to keep crashing these reports, but this finally gives me a place to give this stuff a home...

Great job on your reviews, Jesse. I like the consideration you're giving each figure.

I really like the sculpt and detail of this figure. Hasbro was at a height here of articulation and detail here, before they went too far with their ultra-weathered era of every figure having character-building dirtiness applied.

This Bossk keeps his weapon clean as a whistle.

Bossk was really let down by the November elections. He felt robbed (again) and spends most of his day on the net reading blogs about electronic voting fraud and searching for recount petitions to sign. His claws are meant for typing.

One place this Bossk feels right at home - with the other bounty hunter scum!
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RAT Continues: Bossk
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 02:02 AM »
I have to say, and we haven't got a pic for it, but one of my favorite poses for old (new) Bossk here was whipping the middle claw.  He did that one so well.

Not a GREAT figure by any means, but a fun one...  I'm irked at the posing.  I'm still set on trying to boil/freeze his feet some time in a much more neutral pose...  My current holdings of Bossk have him all like he's walking.  Weird.

Looks good with Poggle the Lesser's cane as a Trandoshan pimp...  Needs a fedora though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77