Author Topic: RAT Continues: Admiral Ozzel  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Continues: Admiral Ozzel
« on: December 23, 2004, 06:46 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

The Star Destroyer Wave continues on today with everyone's favorite nimrod admiral that makes the Keystone Cops look coordinated...  Yes I speak of Admiral Ozzel

And what a dork he is huh?  Well, the actor who played him (and a lovely rendition of an inept Hitler too in the last Indiana Jones film), Michael Sheard, is a very nice gentleman, and when I actually talked to him at Pittsburgh's Comic-Con some years ago, Mr. Sheard was very nice and was anxiously looking forward to his figure being made some day.

We all knew it was a matter of time good sir!

With that said, did they do him justice?  Well I believe they did overall.  Sadly, my review was written up before I could make note of a neat little feature...

If you swap Ozzel's arms around (Swap left for right, and visa-versa) and then make sure the proper hand is in the proper spot (IE: Swap hands so the right is on the NOW right arm and left is on the left arm, duh), then you get a MUCH more neutrally posed set of arms on Admiral Ozzel.

What does this mean to you and this review?  Well, first it means you can have a more neutrally posed figure for more "generic" officers if you're into customizing.  He's a mere headswap away from being a new Tarkin, Piett, etc.

Second, it means for my review that I think of this as a major positive to the figure.  He'd be getting higher marks from me.

Anyway, that said...

I think this figure's pretty good...  A mix of positives and somewhat negatives.  I think the sculpt does the actor justice but the paintjob could've been better.

I'd actually say the uniform color though, is my biggest gripe at this point., but I wont' spoil things (because I know you guys are on pins and needles to read my column).   :P

Just go read the thing already and share your thoughts here...  Dagnabbit!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: RAT Continues: Admiral Ozzel
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 06:49 AM »
BTW, Bonus points to people spotting my mis-label of Ozzel as Motti.

I just noticed it myself...  I'll have to fire the editor (JediMAC) now.   ::)  :P

Oh yeah, and we're not changing it...  So enjoy my confused glory there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 08:58 PM »
More from my non-review tag-along photo vault...

Ozzel always finished his sit ups well ahead of the other tubby officers...

Good at brainwashing rebels into doing the Macarena...

Ozzel cat-calls Tarkin while Motti moves in with the wet willy...

Darth sticks up for his buddy Tarkin...

Although quick to loose his head in an arguement with his superiors.

Really one of the more "punishable" figures... Alas, poor Ozzel.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 09:18 PM »
haha classic with the wet willie...  :)  Motti's fingers are... uhm... interestingly posed.  There's a couple more crude things he could be doing. 

I'll leave it at that.    :-\

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 10:36 PM »
haha classic with the wet willie...  :)  Motti's fingers are... uhm... interestingly posed.  There's a couple more crude things he could be doing. 

I'll leave it at that.    :-\

Yeah, the phrase "fish hook" came to mind from the Wuher's girlfriend gift thread. Nuff said.

I'm just glad to (hopefully) have Colman off my back about posting that wet willy shot. I gave him a preview back in April and then he spilled the beans. Next time I show him anything there's going to be a non-disclosure involved.

Keep up the good work on your reviews.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 02:38 AM »
hehe, yeah that was my thought too... 

Damn perverts.

Thanks man, and hopefully we'll keep everything rolling on out.  :)