Author Topic: What band do you have the most music from?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: What band do you have the most music from?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005, 01:20 AM »
I seem to be beyond my massive, get everything music phase.  I guess when albums went the way of the dodo (save for the vinyl fanatics out there) I kind of gave up trying.  I used to have all the albums from:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd (anyone else think there was too much acid here?)
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Motley Crue
Scorpions
Kick Axe ;)
Metallica
Dire Straights
and a whole hell of a lot more.  You had to search pretty hard to find EP's and bootlegs were either less common, harder to find or a combination of both. 

To my dismay, much of the music I had on vinyl has not been released on disc :-\  We're going back a ways, perhaps not surprisingly, but a lot of bands I was a big fan of (UFO, Budgie, Y&T) simply don't have a market anymore.  Yeah, that is telling in and of itself, but I'd still like to have that music. 

I had probably around 2000 albums at one time.  I think  right now I have about 500 cd's, so not much of a comparison.  I definitely own too many greatest hits compilations, missing out on a ton of great non-mainstream tracks.  I still own about 180 cassettes as a lot of the music was transferred from vinyl to cassette to use in cars (no, I never owned an 8-track, but I do remember Stairway to Heaven being broken up about 2/3 of the way through :P).  If I could get all of those cassettes into CD I would be thrilled.  It would cover 360 albums that I do not have for the most part.   :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.