Author Topic: ROTS Cards  (Read 2539 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
ROTS Cards
« on: December 31, 2004, 06:29 PM »
Got the Topps ROTS promo packet today, the folder has a new Anakin pic I have yet to see until now, I'm assuming it's P2 or something.

Also, have some Topps P1's (Jesse, I'll be passing them out at the PSWCS Jan. meeting on the 15th)

The set looks great, I especially like the Anakin/Vader lenticular-I'm also assuming that's gonna be the one everyone wants.

Front: A force to be Reckoned with/The merchandising event of a lifetime
(seems to coincide with the CIII theme) also the artwork seems to be the same as the figs, and everything else, so everyting looks to be all the same artwork across the board with all the mdse. I've seen so far. vs. in the past, everthing seemed to have different artwork/color schemes, etc.

Also, interesting that there's a blurb in the inside cover that states "There are over 80million active SW fans in the U.S. alone"

and "Promotional & licensing partners include Burger King, Pepsi, M&M's, Kellogg's, Hasbro, Lego & Del Rey"

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Topps ROTS promo stuff out today
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2005, 02:57 AM »
Hey Bob,

Great photos man...  Efforts have been made all night to whip something up for it on the main page but tech difficulties have been a plague for quite some time so I'm just giving up now...  Someone with more knowledge with this stuff is gonna have to handle this one.

Thanks for sharing the photos though.  They look grat...  I dig the colors and the style of packaging we're gonna see actually.  I wasn't too keen on it, but it really does look nice the more you see it.  It grows on you.

Very cool stuff man,

Jesse
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Are ROTS cards out yet?
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2005, 10:29 AM »
I saw some CCG stuff at wallys, but are the Topps movie cards out?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Are ROTS cards out yet?
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2005, 05:14 PM »
I saw some CCG stuff at wallys, but are the Topps movie cards out?

I saw these today at Target in the front section by the registers with the other Topps cards (MLB, NFL, NBA, etc).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 05:13 PM »
I saw a two pack at Walmart for $3.67.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Yes. They are out. I've seen boosters, blisters w/ 2 packs and an exclusive card, boxes of 6 packs for the price of 5, and tins w/ 3 packs and 2 exclusive cards. They have them at Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, etc.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
ROTS TCG Foils
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 07:46 PM »
Does anybody know where I can pick up foils for this set at a resonable price.  I've checked ebay but there isen't that much on there so any recommended web stores or does anybody on here have any.

I just started into the card collecting side of star wars so any help would be great.  I hope to collect the TCG and movie cards(Old school sets from original release to newer topps series).