Author Topic: Star Wars: Empire At War  (Read 52144 times)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Empire At War
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2008, 03:48 PM »
I went to Gamespot.com and found a bunch of patches for this game and I downloaded several of them. I go to start the game and some very strange things were changed. I’ve now got this big pixelated Captain Antilles that comes up whenever you move the mouse over a ship or person and every item icon has been changed to something different. The game also seems to run a bit slow at times. Anyone else ever have this happen?
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2013, 05:39 PM »
Everyone here stopped playing this game years ago, but since I picked it up used and started playing a couple of months back...

Epic moments:

One mission on the Rebel Campaign, not understanding the mission (thought you had blow the bunker up, not just stop and then go), having Chewbacca steal a hover tank and drive it around in circles being pursued by AT-ST's and stormtroopers. It took many tries to complete that mission.

Imperials invade Endor, I had NO troops there. No barracks. The Ewoks alone destroyed the entire Imperial invasion force...without the aide of a single defense turret. Second invasion attempt, I had some infantry, the Ewoks managed to destroy an AT-AT before my plex troopers even showed up.

After taking out an AT-AT, Han Solo was the only survivor of my Corellian raiding force, even Chewie bought it. But thanks to his fellow Corellians and defense turrets, Han liberated the whole planet, taking out two light vehicle factories, lots of AT-ST's, fighter tanks and stormtroopers.

Jabiim...as the Empire, I lost most of my units to rebel invaders, but destroyed all theirs except C-3PO and R2-D2, who were hiding with the local resistors. I had barracks, but getting a few squads to take out all the resistance dwellings and find the droids took a long time.  Kept losing squads, then having to send out a fresh one.

One conquest, Ackbar kept attacking the Death Star and then he'd retreat after a minute, losing gobs of A-Wings.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2013, 08:09 AM »
I actually have Empire Gold on my Steam account. I believe I own all of the Star Wars titles through Steam... maybe I should install this thing finally and see what the fuss was about. LOL