Author Topic: Star Wars: Empire At War  (Read 52156 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars: Empire At War
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2006, 05:08 PM »
This Fall, the battle for control of the galaxy expands with the release of Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. This expansion for the best-selling PC game features the underworld's point of view of the Galactic Civil War. The Rebels have just destroyed the Death Star, and the galaxy is in turmoil. As an aspiring Underworld figure named Tyber Zann, spread corruption throughout the galaxy using new strategic gameplay elements to influence other factions, steal their funds, slow their production, spy on them and more. Exciting new land-tactical options like customizable, upgradeable bases and guerilla warfare allow for innovative battlefield tactics. Take command of and confront new fighting units for all factions (Rebel B-wings, Imperial TIE interceptors, Darth Vader's Executor Super Star Destroyer and more), and take down anyone who stands in your way of ruling the Underworld, be they new battlefield heroes like Luke Skywalker and Yoda, or the forces of your most bitter rival, Jabba the Hutt. Destroy capital ships with the awesome firepower of the second Death Star, and satiate Tyber's drive for the deadliest capital ship in the galaxy, a devastatingly powerful Super Star Destroyer known as the Eclipse.

:o  :o  :o

That is awesome news, I can't want to use some SSDs. The new units sound pretty cool. It was cool watching the trailer and being able to recognize the ships from elsewhere in EU, it is nice to see new units that aren't in the movies. That pirate guy looks like he was using some sort of energy whip.

I can't wait! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Sweet! Looks like more time in front of the computer!  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2006, 07:05 PM »
Check out the box cover for the expansion and look at the ships bombarding Mos Eisley...

Flame throwing the city from the air...  Now that's a Star Wars weapon of mass and brutal destruction. :)  What good that'd do on stucco buildings I dunno, but hey who cares?  That is a kick ass looking vessel there...

Seems interesting though...  I'm a little miffed they're following different EU progression and stuff, but no huge deal really in the grand scheme.  All BS-able to fit how you want it to I guess.  But still it shows how splintered and stupid EU is in Star Wars...  Nothing ever lines up taking note from past experiences.  I'm still irked they didn't use the Force Commander units as shown in the game (if at all) and designed their own stuff...  It can be worked together, but it's annoying to me from an anal retentive point of view.

Anyway seems like some new characters involved that should be cool.  New ships too look nice too.  I'm very intrigued by that flame thrower ship...  That looks badass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2006, 04:14 PM »
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/827/827314/img_3596831.html

Good Lord, look at the size of that thing! Boy oh boy I'm excited for this expansion. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2006, 01:52 AM »
I'm excited as well. When is the targeted release date? Fall?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2006, 02:03 AM »
When is the targeted release date? Fall?

It sounds like that is the plan.  IGN also has a great article about the game too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2006, 04:52 AM »
Newsie news on the front page today...  Head on up and check out the stories at Gamespot.  Good stuff it seems for EAW.  Sounds like the game's only gonna get better. 

I'll never know.   :'(  Well I will, it just will take me some time because I can't justify a new computer.

In the meantime I may dull my senses by finding GB cheap and palying it through for ***** and giggles.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Jesse....playing a new game is always justification for buying a new computer!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Hmmm, I went to play EAW today and it wouldn't open the program because it said my 3D hardware wasn't good enough. I haven't changed my 3D card since the last time I played. Anyone know what could be wrong? Did the latest update change the system requirements?  ???
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2006, 07:29 PM »
That's wierd Ryan.  Were you able to get into the game and see what your setting are?  Maybe that's the problem.

The only other thing I can think of right off the top of my head is to re-install the game.  :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Nope, it wouldn't even open. I haven't done a thing to my settings or my hardware controlers since I last played.

The only thing I can think it would possibly be is the update I had just downloaded. Is it possible the requirements are higher now? I wouldn't think so, but at the moment i can't think of anything else it could be.  :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2006, 08:57 PM »
If they did....that would be a first in gaming history.  The update is most likely the culprit, it probably changed something in your settings and ****** it up somehow.

Lucasarts has a help forum on their site, I've been using it to try and find a fix for KOTOR I & II so they'll work on my new laptop....apparantly those games do not like the new Intel Dual Core processors.   >:(
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2006, 12:15 AM »
I downloaded the update a few days ago, and everything remained fine on my end. Did you ever find a solution, Ryan?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2006, 04:06 AM »
I haven't yet, but then again I haven't tried. I haven't had a real big chunk of time to play. So it sounds like this may be something on my end. I'll have to look into it soon.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 7, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Just curious to see if anyone picked up Forces of Corruption yet.

I have not, just been too busy with work, home and school.  I might wait until Christmas, so Wendy can get it for me.   ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.