Collectibles > Original Trilogy Collection

More Army Builder Packs to Follow?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Morgbug:
That's fair.  Next question: Are plain figures like Stormie's cheaper to produce than more colorful figures such as Boba Fett?  I'm sure over the run of a piece the costs become minimal, but isn't a straight white and black figure pretty much as cheap as you can get?

Deanpaul:
Anyone notice these are ATOC clones vs. ROTS clones? I've checked out of army building based on George's modification of base troopers.

I liked that Kenner stormies didn't fall out of favor as the OT progressed. Sure, a specialized trooper was introduced for Hoth and Endor (and the Royal Guard), but the imperial uniform, whether trooper or officer generally didn't dramatically mod over the trilogy.

The red battle droid evolution annoyed me - sure, more time elapsed between EP1 and EP2 than between any of the OT (and they were on Geonosis with the Trade Union), but the exclusion of plain BD's in the arena doesn't fit for me, didn't the Nemoidians bring their army to the party? I liked that Stormtroomers were used throughout ESB and ROTJ, and that we even saw Stormtroopers on Endor with biker scouts. They weren't exclusive of one another... Especially during the Emporer's arrival on the DS2.

I miss the OT days. I feel like the ATOC clones and ROTS clones won't even belong on the same shelf.

Morgbug:
And mine are kept on separate shelves.  OT on one, one third for each movie's figures, same for PT - one shelf, divided in thirds. 

I spent the longest time telling myself not to army build with clones and I did pretty well.  Canadian distribution helped, I only ever found four preview white clones at retail.  Lots of red clones arrived, but an army of higher ranking soldiers over few grunts kept me from doing much. 

I tend to always accept army builders in trading lists, so I just proceeded to add then to lists whenever it occurred.  Then I stumbled across some folks selling loose clones for relatively cheap ($2 a piece) so I bought them.  Then I added the clone three packs to my list when they came out.  Then the bonus packs with the clone wars figures came along.  Next thing I knew I had, quite without open intent, built an army of about 40 clone troopers. 

At that point I essentially threw in the towel and away we go.  Big army of white, but hey, maybe Lucas will go back and modify the Emperor's arrival scene in ROTJ to include clones, then I'll be set :P

Scott:
I think the battle droids were red in AOTC because they weren't painted yet.  That's my take at least

CHEWIE:

--- Quote from: Scott on January  5, 2005, 02:41 PM ---I think the battle droids were red in AOTC because they weren't painted yet.  That's my take at least

--- End quote ---

Or they are made that way to match against the red Geonosis landscape.  We'll be seeing the beige Battle Droids in ROTS though.  I think the reason there are different colors is also because several different organizations own them and manufacture them, not just one government like the Empire.

As for the Clones - I wish they were all white like the Stormtroopers.  I don't mind the evolution of the helmets, but do like the the OT ones the most.  Next I like the ROTS "evolution" ones, and the AOTC ones are last.  Still ok though.

For future 4-pks, I too wish they would sell them for $20.00... but for VOTC Stormtroopers I'd pay the EE price.

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version