Author Topic: ROTJ Skywalker - did this in night class...  (Read 8196 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTJ Skywalker - did this in night class...
« Reply #15 on: January 8, 2005, 01:05 AM »
I was just checking out your website Brad.  Great stuff.  I think my favourite is the warrior against the dragon here.  I really like the way the dragon's claws extend beyond the border of the picture, it makes the warrior seems in even greater danger.   8)

The Reservoir Dogs pics here and here are also pretty neat.  I think I actually prefer the uncoloured drawing.  I know that they are coloured based on their names, but the colouring seems to take away from your art.  In this case, simpler is better.   :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: January 8, 2005, 01:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

The dragon was a commissioned piece for a guy named Reindl - he's always had a fascination with dragons and so he hired me to do a series of 5 or so (I never scanned the first piece I did, unfortunately). He specifically requested me to re-do paintings done by another artist, named Elmore, (he owns the originals), but in my style... I don't know why he wants this - but I did it anyway. In fact I've just got the check to do a 3rd piece, but at $36 per piece I'm really not "feeling it"... After shipping ($6) and supplies, I'm not really making anything for the time I've spent. I'm definately bummed out, but I made a stupid deal and I can either cancel it out or live with it. Won't be doing anymore 8x10's for $30 anymore, that's for sure. 

:-\

The Reservoir Dogs pieces are some of my favorites! The colored version was done digitally, and I'll admit I could have done a much better job doing it. Take a look what Dave did with a print... Very cool.

« Last Edit: January 8, 2005, 01:38 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2005, 09:38 PM »
 ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 01:40 AM »
Now that looks sharp in the frame!  My brother is a huge Reservoir Dogs fan, he'd love that on his wall.  Lucky man, Dave.   :)