Author Topic: Upcoming Boston events  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Upcoming Boston events
« on: June 3, 2005, 11:03 AM »
So two pretty big SW related events are coming to Boston.  First is Star Wars - Where Science meets Imagination premiering at the Museum of Science in late October and running until April 2006.  Definitely planning on attending this.  Tickets go on sale August 1st.

Second is Wizard World Boston, running from September 30th until October 2nd.  Might attend this one.  I'm not really a fan of conventions, but if enough forum members went, it'd be cool to meet some of you.  It be interesting to see what the exclusives are also, might have some cool SW swag.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Boston events
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Is the Boston version of Wizard World fairly new?  I'm pretty sure I've heard of the Chicago and Philly versions, but Boston is new to me (at least to my foggy brain).

I've always dreamed of coming to Boston to see a Bruins game, but who knows if there'll even be hockey to watch by the time WW is there.  Someday I'll see the Bruins in action...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2005, 07:36 AM »
This is the first year of Wizard World Boston.

Been to a few Bruins games, but haven't been able to see them play the Flyers yet (my fav team).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jpprime

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 09:26 PM »
While its not Star Wars related, there is a sci-fi convention in Massachusetts I go to that I want to get the word out on. United Fan Con 15 is a fan run convention that is held in Springfield Massachusetts. This year its from November 11-13 at the Springfield Marriot. The Guests are:

Patrick Stewart (Star Trek) - Saturday Only
Rachel Luttrell (Stargate Atlantis) - Sunday Only
Mark Strickson (Doctor Who)
Matthew Lewis (Harry Potter films)
Richard Hatch (original and New Battlestar Galactica)
Richard Herd (V, ST: Voyager, SeaQuest)
Mira Furlan (Babylon 5, Lost)
Carol Cleveland (Monty Python)

More info is at http://www.unitedfancon.com  Its a con i support and I encourage others to do so.