Author Topic: If/When Star Wars is Gone...Would You Collect, If So, What?  (Read 9218 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: If/When Star Wars is Gone...Would You Collect, If So, What?
« Reply #30 on: October 6, 2009, 04:50 PM »
This one is easy.  Goats.  Goats and bunnies (floppy-eared).

This is as close as I've been able to get to having real ewoks.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 8, 2009, 02:31 PM »
baby animals look so cute...then they grow up. lol
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #32 on: October 8, 2009, 03:40 PM »
baby animals look so cute...then they grow up. lol

and look delicious.....

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #33 on: October 8, 2009, 03:53 PM »
Great topic and one I hate to think of even in a "what if" fashion.

I would most likely be in denial and go back and collect all the older sculpts of figures that I have ditched over the years. The buff 95ers, old sculpts would satisfy me for awhile I would then move on the CW animated stuff that would last awhile. I would probably focus on making dioramas on the most famous scenes (Which I am already doing) and buy extra figures to custom for these scenes.
So from older figures, animated ones, train like detailed dios and extras for customs I would still collect SWs. If there was another line that could compliment the dio hobby I would buy certain stuff that could work in them. I already collect MOTU Classics and may buy a Joe once in a blue moon.

I laterally have almost 19 years of SW collecting under my belt, there is no going back or stopping. I started at 15 years old with Vintage in 1991, I do not know life without collecting SW figures. I would find a way to find new SW venues within the "dead" line to collect and work towards.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 03:40 AM »
I've been at this modern line since day one, and collected vintage for a couple years before that, so I too forgot what life was like without the pursuit of Star Wars toys. It's so ingrained that when I'm at WM or Target grocery shopping or whatever, I'll stop and check the selection of SW and GI Joe, every time, without fail. I know that if the realistic SW line went away, I'd just shift to modern GI Joe and MOTU, and maybe I'd finally get that vintage SW collection done. Then I'd move on to vintage Joes and MOTU after I got that done, so I'd be collecting a good long while if/when realistic SW goes away. And to be honest, after buying Malakili tonight, it either needs to end or take an extended break, but neither will happen, since there's too much money there. I've tried to take a break this summer, but I got pulled back in recently. In three weeks I've finished three waves. Yikes.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk