Author Topic: Soundtracks / Record Albums  (Read 5970 times)

Offline Clone_Commander

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Soundtracks / Record Albums
« on: November 16, 2002, 02:20 PM »
I am wondering if anyone does.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re:Does anyone else have the Star Wars record albums?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 02:34 PM »
I have the original Star Wars and Jedi on the LP Record. I also have the Episode 1 soundtracks on LP Record that was offered. I have been looking for the Empire Record.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 02:49 PM »
I only have the CD's... but I saw an LP of ROTJ, and tat was for 25 ˆ ... I wanted it, but my mom didn't wanted it...  :-\

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2002, 07:06 PM »
Sorta different kind of records, but I've got...

Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi read-along records. 33 1/3 RPM, 24 page booklet. I bought them both for $4.95 way back when.

Very cool, :)

Chris Belle

« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2002, 09:17 PM »
I have the double album for ESB,  I also have all 5 on cd.  

Offline Kobal

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 12:35 AM »
I have the full original soundtracks from SW and ESB on vinyl as well as "Music from" LPs of SW and ROTJ which contain the best known pieces from their respective movies.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
OT Soundtracks - $30 a good deal?
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2003, 05:05 PM »
I'm just wondering if $30 for the sealed OT trilogy soundtracks on CD is a good deal? I definately like the music, but I'm not sure if it's as good of a deal as it seems... Circuit City has maybe 5 of these, btw.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: OT Soundtracks - $30 a good deal?
« Reply #7 on: March 3, 2003, 04:06 AM »
Are you talking about this set Brad?

If so, then I'd say it's definitely worth $30, but can probably be had on eBay for cheaper.  Doing a quick search for it there, reveals that an auction ended with no bids and a starting price of $20 just a couple weeks ago, and another current auction sitting at $10 with 3 days left.  I can't recall what the original retail price was on these boxsets in stores, but it was most likely more than $30!

I've got this boxset, and must say that it's definitely great!  One CD for each movie, plus a fourth CD which features outtakes and previously unrleased music from all 3 movies.  Mine's in storage right now, but I recall it having a great book of liner notes as well.  4 CDs of great music, which has provided me with many highly enjoyable hours of listening to some of John Williams finest work...

If you're looking for the "definitive versions" though, you might want to go for the Special Edition CDs instead, though I highly doubt you could get all 3 of these double disk sets for only $30 in a store.

Good luck, but whatever you do, you obviously need the OT music on CD somewhere in your collection, if it's not there already!   :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re:OT Soundtracks - $30 a good deal?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 09:14 AM »
Quick Update-

Last night I finally bought this box set, and I must say, it's a good deal. I really enjoy the music, so, it's about time I bought them. I suggest anyone who hasn't got them, do so now. At $30 for 4 CD's full of great music, you're only paying $7.50 per CD, it don't get any better than that unless you take your chances at EBAY.

All  ;D :D ;) :) 8)'s over this purchase!

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Re: Does anyone else have the Star Wars record albums?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2003, 01:11 AM »
Records.. now that's a term I've not heard in a long time... a long time.

Since I've been collecting since the beginning, I've got the original trilogy LPs, the "story of" LPs, and the kids read along book & record sets.  I also have the "Christmas in the Stars" album and "Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell", which was written by Brian Daley.

Of course, since the advent of CDs, I've bought the remastered soundtracks and the radio shows.

Auriette

When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else have the Star Wars record albums?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Well I went looking in my storage back at home & I found 5 records.

Original SW Sountrack 2 LP set, Music from SW by The Electric Moog Orchestra, SW by The London Philharmonic Orchestra with music from 2001 A Space Odyssey, ESB by Meco & SW and Other Galactic Funk.  8)