Author Topic: Defender Wish Lists: Episode IV: Star Wars (A New Hope)  (Read 30571 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Defender Wish Lists: Episode IV: Star Wars (A New Hope)
« on: March 10, 2003, 04:20 PM »

Send your Wish List for 10[/i] 3 3/4" Figures to me or post them here, be it new figures, resculpts or even re-releases and I'll tally the votes.  After two weeks of list taking I'll publish the results and we will move on to the next movie.  This time around it is the one that started it all!  SW:ANH, or Episode IV.  If you need help coming up with names check out the Official Sites Databank:   Episode IV.  Have fun and thanks for sending in your lists (remember to limit it to ten)!

Also check out Red6's archive for the very obscurest of the obscure for more choices...

http://red6.tk
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 04:21 PM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:Defender Wish Lists: Episode IV: Star Wars (A New Hope)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 04:27 PM »
While mostly visually boring, this movie contains some really neat-o undone characters and represents the bulk of my list here:

1. Bom Vimdin
2. Wioslea
3. R1 Droid
4. Hem Dazon
5. Dannik Jerriko
6. Tonnika Sisters Two Pack
7. Colonel Wulf Yularen
8. Braniac
9. Feltipern Trevagg
10. Red Leader

And I realize the Tonnika's have a slim to none chance of ever being done but I can dream can't I???

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 06:50 PM »
<hick> Whoooo boy! </hick>

Alright, great figures to be made from ANH... I dunno where to start.

1. Araconda (?) Unsure of spelling but he's the glitter-eyes alien seen in cantina. his head pops up and ducks down at beggining of Cantina song.

2. Cz - There's 2 or 3 CZ's in ANH, I'd take a couple any random white one.

3. Admiral Motti (re-hash) - I've never seen one in stores, and his asking $ is ridiculous online.

4. R5D4 (scene w/ Jawa's)

5. Mine Droid (scene w/ Jawa's)
6. Red Leader (Dutch, right?)

7. White-tunic Imperial Officer (Wulf)

8. Gold Leader

9. Pilot w/ black and red tiger stripe helmet

10. The black-tunic officer in Tantive scene w/ Vader ("Leave that to me.")

« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 07:37 PM by Brad "AngryEwok" Soldato »

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 03:46 AM »
1-Wioslea
2-CZ3
3-R1 Unit
4-Bom Vimdim
5-Brainiac
6-Stormtrooper Han Solo
7- Prisoner Chewbacca
8-Tagge
9-Arcona
10-Dice Ibegon

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
  • Let my hands speak for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 08:16 PM »
Well, here's my list:

1. Dannik Jerriko
2. Tiree-Gold Two
3. Tonnika Sisters
4. Hem Dazon
5. Chief Bast(Tarkin's assistant)
6. Red Leader
7. Elyhek Rue-Red Seven(guy Luke talks to about shooting womp rats back home during briefing scene)
8. "Pops"-Gold Five
9. Dice Ibegon
10. Gold Leader

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 11:27 PM »
Hey, am I in time for this one or are Scott and Matt going to crap on me again (can I say crap)? ::) :P

1. Melas - can't get enough of them cantina aliens
2. Red Leader - more pilots = more xwings (generic)?
3. General Tagge clever officer
4. CZ-3 cool eyes for a droid
5. a two pack of astromech droids (look at the pics on the page at SW.com - very cool)
6. Tonnika sisters - bandwagon, yippee
7. Gold five - see above
8. regular release scanning tech? just to make me cranky about buying one on ebay
9. Han Solo taking a dump?  well, he's done just about everything else
10. Braniac???? Isn't he one of Superman's enemies?
11. JediMac's wife (scott made me do it)

gotta run... ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Defender Wish Lists: Episode IV: Star Wars (A New Hope)
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 11:36 PM »
Hey, well done Brent!  Quite on time this go 'round!  Did you get a reminder from Scott, or did you make it over here all on your own...?  Did you vote in the poll on the main page yet?  That's ending this Sunday, so there's the next deadline for you!

...And I think Scott meant you could include my wife in the "Top 5 Hottest Babes" thread (or whatever it's called), and wasn't suggesting you ask for an action figure of her.  I'm pretty sure she wasn't in ANH...

Love the new name, BTW.  Loved the old one too!  I think we'll let the word "crap" slide, at least this time...  Just please don't stop by the "Lakers Suck" thread and post anything about their butt kicking by the pathetic Bulls tonight.  Pretty please...   :-[

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 02:21 AM »
Revised list
1. Biggs Darklighter (Anchorhead cut footage)
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (redeo of hood down, maybe 'deluxe' w/ tractor beam console :)  )
3.. Tonnika Sisters (yeah, I know   :( )
4. CZ-3 (rumored to be in production)
5. Dannik Jerriko
6. Hem Dazon
7.  version of Dodonna not made  
8. redo of Han and luke in ST disguise (Detention Block)  
9. R5-D4 (redo)
10. R1-G4

just curious, where's the AOTC wish list?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 02:26 AM by Bespin_refugee »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 10:30 AM »
I was going to wait on the AOTC list until after we find out about the Screen Scenes (War Room and JC Council) and such which will hopefully be today

Hopefully that Lars playset is still coming too...all of which may lead to some drastically different choices for AOTC ;)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 01:14 AM »
10. R2-X2 (seen with R4-M9 in first scene)
9. Sandtrooper (new colored shoulder pouldron) w/Imperial Sentry Droid
8. Cantina Alien 2-Packs with any of the following: Dannick Jerriko (pipe smokin' mofo), Brainiac, Tonnika Sisters, Defel (batman), Elise Helrot, Myo, M'iiyoom Onith, Feltipern Trevagg, Advozse (Alien with horn)...
7. New Stormtrooper(s) - in the TCG, they list several ranks, I would like to see Hasbro try and specify these and make each rank have specific markings... The following are what I know: Ranks Commander, Squad Leader, Elite Squad Member, TK-119, TK-421, TK-875, HE-829, DV-523 & DV-692.
6. Imperial Colonel Yularen
5. Han Solo & Greedo 2-Pack with Cantina backdrop, table, chairs... both posable to sit and discuss before the inevitable demise of Greedo
4. Rebel Commander Willard
3. Jon 'Dutch' Vander (Red Leader)
2. Princess Leia Organa (in shackles, 'slipping through your fingers' scene w/Moff Tarkin)
1. Chewbacca (either Celebration (w/medal) or 'angry wookiee' ready to take on some Stormtroopers)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 11:55 AM by Thomas Grey »
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2003, 12:01 PM »
Keep those lists coming :)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2003, 04:59 PM »
[Edited to take into consideration JediMAC's observation that some of us have been a tad overzealous using cinema scene and deluxe figures].

1. General Jan Dodonna
2. Captain Antilles
3. R1-G4 [to replace Scene Pack Sandcrawler droids 3 packs (especially R1-G4, R5-D4 & the mining droid).]
4. General Tagge [to take the place of my original #4, which wasDeluxe Death Star Tractorbeam console/catwalk w/ Obi-Wan Kenobi w/ hood down]
5. Dannik Jerriko
6. Bom Vimdin
7. Myo
8. Colonel Wulf Yularen
9. R5-D4
10. Hem Dazon
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 03:28 PM by obi-dad »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 02:51 PM »
Hasbro really needs to finish the Cantina aliens and other obscure characters before they drop the 3 3/4" altogether, take a year-long hiatus, and jumpstart with a 6" line of definitive Star Wars figures. To that end they should consider offering the following:

- Cantina Boxed Sets: a few sets that include never-before-done figures like the Tonnika Sisters, Kitik Keed'kak, Myo, Bom Vimdin, and last but certainly not least Hem Dazon. Resculpts of existing figures like Dr. Evazan or reissues like Figrin D'an might be welcome and could help keep costs down.

- Imperial Forces: I'd really like a set of figures from the Death Star that includes the hard-to-find Motti figure along with a resculpted Tarkin, a Colonel Wulf Yularen and a General Tagge. Old guys in military dress rock. (Especially if they come with that cool table.)

- Rebel Forces: Ditto for the good guys. Characters like General Dodonna, Commander Bob Hudsol and Del Goren would be great huddled around the Yavin tactical monitor. Throw in a generic technician like Col. Feyn Gospic and I'm happy.

- Droids, droids, droids: The sandcrawler scene was for robots what the cantina scene was for aliens and dammit, I can't get enough! I want a box shaped like the Jawa sandcrawler with a flip-up lid revealing a window featuring the following droids: R5-D4, WED Treadwell, CZ-3, RA-7, LIN-V8K Demolition Droid, and R1-G4.

- Anchorhead: Letting my geek out here. I want Biggs and Camie and Fixer and Deak from the cut scenes. Heck I'd even take another Wormie if Hasbro would finally include his poncho.

- The Homestead: As much as I like the first incarnations of Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru, they look pretty sick next to the more current figures. Resculpt  and accessorize them with a 2X-3KPR maintenance droid, a fully articulated Treadwell, and a few scurriers and I'm tickled.

- Concept Art: The McQuarrie Stormtrooper is just the tip of the iceberg. Give me the rest. Concept versions of Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, the droids, and especially Vader are all dying to be offered as a boxed set. I know this is EU, but it's GOOD EU.  ;D

Sorry about breaking formation, I was on a roll. If I had to choose my Top Ten from all those I've mentioned, they'd be the following:

- Tonnika Sisters
- Kitik Keed'kak
- Myo
- Hem Dazon
- General Tagge
- Anchorhead Biggs
- Del Goren
- R1-G4
- CZ-3

Technically that's ten, but I've got to scream out for a Concept Vader to go with that Stormtrooper that's coming out. Love that McQuarrie art!
Post sober.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 03:23 PM »
I want a box shaped like the Jawa sandcrawler with a flip-up lid revealing a window featuring the following droids: R5-D4, WED Treadwell, CZ-3, RA-7, LIN-V8K Demolition Droid, and R1-G4.
Now that's a VERY cool idea MPL!

Hopefully when the real Sandcrawler finally hits (later this year I believe), Hasbro will focus on getting a few more of these great droids out on the market to go with it...  I love droids!

I suppose I still owe you my Top 10 list, huh Scott?  Can I just copy MPL's suggestions above?  I mean the paragraphs full of figure ideas, and not just his Top 10 list.  Or are you going to make me stick to 10, and not 50 or so...?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 03:59 PM »
10 only, I had a hard time paring mine down to 10 as well, there is a ton of background stuff in ANH from Pilots to droids to Officers to Aliens