Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63971 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Nice pics Fritz...

I love the fact they package them in 1:6 scale eggs now.  NOt that I collect 1:6 scale Aliens figures, but the principle behind tying two scales together by making the smaller scale's packaging useful to the larger scale is revolutionary really.  I wish Hasbro had innovations like that...  Packaging that somehow was useable as diorama pieces, or just something fun like that...  I'm not talking the half-assed 3-D cardboard bases either, but something substantial like Hot Toyz has here.

Those humans look great though anyway...  The Aliens do too actually, but I'm just drawn to the fact we finally have 3.75"-4" scaled Aliens Colonial Marines...  I truly hope we get Vasquez and the others here though...  Apone and Drake are somewhat odd obscure choices so I hope the others come in a 2nd Aliens wave...  I'd love Paul Reiser's character too, to kind of replace Ripley as the non-marine in the wave.  Him or the android, either way.

These figures make me long for bases, playsets, and vehicles now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2006, 01:07 AM »
I'd love Paul Reiser's character too

Burke.   

>:(

Him or the android, either way.

Artificial person. 

>:( >:(
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Look here Grandma...  :)

Yeah I'm not a particularly devoute Aliens fan obviously...  I can just recall certain names, but thanks.

And I'm now going to call him a robot just to annoy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2006, 01:12 AM »
Actually, Jesse, Hasbro does have some innovative packing in their Sigma 6 Joe line.  The $15 figures have a weapons locker that's made using the plastic top and bottom of the packaging.

It's a good 1:6 scale accessory and because of the anime-style figures which have oversized hands, many of their accessories are usable with 1:6 figures.  Spirit's bow, for example, is a great 1:6 item as is the sniper rifle that comes with Long Range.

I do like the looks of the Marines coming from Hot Toys.  Besides some Star Wars comics I'm pretty much on the lookout only for some of the current Hot Toys kits at Wizard World next week.  I'm hoping to find a couple so I can check them out in person before ordering up a case.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2006, 04:29 AM »
True...  But where's that with Star Wars?  That was more what I was getting at though you're right, the Sigma 6 weapons cases are probably some of the more innovative packages to come out in a while.

Be nice if Hasbro put that effort into Star Wars though...  Considering these lines are the same scale, etc...  I'm not sure what they could do though honestly but I'm sure there's something I just can't come up with right now.

These are showing pre-orders now so I can't wait to get a set soon I hope...  I gotta get Wave 2 first I think, but I may cave and get these instead simply because they're much more appealing.  Wave 2 of the AvP's were ok in some ways but the two egg bases really felt like a hosejob for the price if you ask me.

Offline don

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 2, 2006, 03:20 PM »
These have begun to appear on Ebay now. This is not my auction, so I am not pimping it, but there are some great pictures here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hot-Toys-ALIENS-RIPLEY-Snap-Kits-predator-Full-Case_W0QQitemZ6060896404QQihZ009QQcategoryZ90910QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: June 2, 2006, 03:56 PM »
Yeah there's better options to buy for US buyers than ABC-Express for certain.  That comes, before shipping, to $117+ it said...  Yowza.

Those figures are so freaking awesome to me though.  :)  I'll get my case when the better priced dealers start selling.  I've gotta get S2 yet also...  Ugh.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 3, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Okay, can anyone help me out with where to track down some of these?  I collect only Aliens figures, so I am trying to acquire the first couple series without any of the Predators.  Links would help or PM if that is frowned on. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: June 5, 2006, 01:32 AM »
Just search Ebay for Aliens Predators Snap-Kits and it'll bring up whoever's selling them.  However a page back someone did link up with a seller that does good on these on Ebay.

I'd say the S1 are becoming harder to find.  Ihaven't seen any lately on Ebay that I can think of. :(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 5, 2006, 09:32 AM »
I was hoping to find some of these at WW Philly on Friday but after searching the entire dealer area a couple times I came up empty. 

I found a Canadian seller on eBay that had 20 pieces listed for $8 BIN each.  Both series 1 and 2.  I ordered 5 and got one each of the Scar, Celtic and Clear Predator and Battle and Warrior Aliens.  It was $50 shipped to the US.

The guy has good feedback and answered my questions quickly so now I'm waiting to see if they come through.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 5, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Is there any difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 Warrior and Grid Aliens?

And is this the correct breakdown for Alien figs no including chase figs.

Series 1

Battle Alien
Warrior Alien
Grid Alien
Queen Alien (not sure if this is Series 1 or 2)

Series 2

Warrior Alien
Grid Alien

Series 3

Marine #1
Marine #2
Marine #3
Ripley

Not sure how many Aliens are in Series 3.  Help anyone?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: June 6, 2006, 01:40 AM »
S1
-Warrior
-Grid
-Battle
-Chase Red Warrior
-Exclusive w/Silver or White "Brains"

S2
-Alien Egg closed
-Alien Egg opened
-Warrior
-Grid
-Alien Queen (only obtained by buying one of every figure in S2 to build her)

S3
-Alien Warrior A
-Alien Warrior B
-Alien Warrior C
-Alien Warrior w/Battledamage A
-Alien Warrior w/Battledamage B
-Alien Warrior w/Battledamage C

The warrior's sculpt is new too by my judgement, and is the Aliens look with the more human leg looks and less canine legs.  AT least that's how it appeared to me.

Efranks' seller out of Canada is probably the same guy linked last page.  The guy sells cheaply (more or less), and will pick out figures you want, so for me he's the guy I'm going to to build a small Alien army...  I use these mxied in with SW figures ina  cross-over way.  My preds look good in the Cantina. :)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 9, 2006, 08:28 PM »
I got around to picking up a set of Series 1 and 2 Aliens.  Wish I could find the Queen at a decent price.

I really have neglected adding to my Aliens collection over the last few years and seems I have missed out on a ton of really nice stuff.  Most of the stuff coming from Asia and quite pricey. 

Interested to know if anyone else collects any other Aliens lines  on the side?  Could use some suggestions.  I have all the McFarlane and Kenner figs from the early 90's as well as some Japanese items.  Still a fairly small collection of around 70-80 items. I am more interested in the toys.  Anyone familar with the Konami toys, etc.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2006, 02:10 AM »
I really want that Kenner Queen playset. :(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2006, 02:33 AM »