Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63933 times)

Offline The Collector

• Youngling
  • Behold! I am The Collector!
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator Toy Line... 4" Scale.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 02:51 PM »
I have some bad news. They only have the rights to T2 stuff and they are not allowed to do any figures with Arnie's likeness. From what I'm hearing, most of the line will consist of things from the future war, like the machines and freedom fighters. John Conner as well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 08:42 PM »
That's more what I wanted anyway...  Good news to me. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 01:53 PM »
ToyFare #92, page 21.

There's an image of a prototype endoskeleton. Looks pretty much like what you'd expect.

Oh. And there's more news:

They're doing 4-inch scale Planet of the Apes figures, too.

(You can go ape**** now, Jesse.)
Post sober.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Omygawd! Omygawd! Omygawd! I'll be joining Jesse in flinging monkey crap for joy.

Any idea what the POA figures are based on?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 03:34 PM »
now who ISN'T gonna do a "Spaceballs?  There goes the planet" diorma with POA guys and Star Wars figures!? :)  Thanks MisterPL, time to pick up a toy rag soon it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I saw the line-up today and they look good. They only had 2-ups on display but still very cool. They had John COnners from T3, T-1000 split / blown up, and they also had their own creative version sof the Terminator one on wheels and one shaped like a Dog almost. They said they had rights to use their own creativity.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 04:09 AM »
interesting...  You catch that at the show or elsewhere evenflow?

I'm still waiting for some damn pictures. :(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I went to their showroom. They had signs all over asking for no pictures. They looked cool, and probably will look much better when they are scaled down.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2005, 02:15 PM »
I saw 2-ups at their Javits Center booth. Battle-damaged versions of faux-Arnie, Cop T-1000, an endoskeleton, and Sarah Conner. They looked pretty sweet. Word has it they're doing a female Terminator as well based on their own designs.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 03:46 AM »
Sounds neat MisterPL...  Kinda goes against the hoped for "Army Builder" line htough.  I truly hope they don't bail on the future robot wars concept over just making film figures.  :(

Still gonna love getting an Endo Skeleton and some new headsculpts to work with, but I was really REALLY hoping for some human resistance guys, robots, etc.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I saw 2-ups at their Javits Center booth. Battle-damaged versions of faux-Arnie, Cop T-1000, an endoskeleton, and Sarah Conner. They looked pretty sweet. Word has it they're doing a female Terminator as well based on their own designs.

At the actual Palisade showroom they also showed John Conners and a wierd looking dog Terminator and a tank like terminator.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2005, 12:08 PM »
A dog too?  hmm, interesting...  Sounds like they're maybe willing to jump into the future wars thing.  Especially with the tank-like one.

I wish they'd get off the pot already on the pictures though.

Toy Fair was a huge crap fest I guess...  Not a lot showing and those who were weren't allowing photos.

BBI and 21st are in this horn lock where they won't display stuff early for fear the other will dick them over by attempting to "steal" it.  Dusty Trails didn't even have their 4" Wild West line with them which I really was looking forward to.

Companies like Palisades were hush-hush...

21st didn't display much, but their pamphlet had pictures of the Platoon figures they're making (and mentioned a 10 figure series for the film A Bridge Too Far).  Pics of their Japanese 1:18 infantry figures too which was neat.

Nothing on hand though.  :(  Just some planes.

BBI's only real 4" showing was they did have some more clear photos taken of their World War II U.S. infantry which look to blow 21st's 1st series outta the water (thank god).

Hell, even Star Wars was stuff we'd all seen already...  Though seeing those CLones up close was a treat.  Highlight of the show probably was their efforts with clonetroopers this year.

And I still can't get those goddamn 4" Alien Vs. Predator figures MisterPL.  It's killing me.  :(  When I can afford them nobody has them, and when I can't afford them I can track a case down (that's about it, never individual figures for the $10-ish price).

Oh well...  :(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2005, 12:16 PM »
And I still can't get those goddamn 4" Alien Vs. Predator figures MisterPL.  It's killing me.  :(  When I can afford them nobody has them, and when I can't afford them I can track a case down.

That's how it always is for me.

That's why I need a job.

*sigh* :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2005, 03:33 PM »
21st didn't display much, but their pamphlet had pictures of the Platoon figures they're making (and mentioned a 10 figure series for the film A Bridge Too Far).

Speaking of 21st Century, I noticed they had the license for Sky Captain. I saw the packaged prototype at their booth and after asking some questions wondered why they bothered at all. The plane is just a repaint of their P-40 Mustang with NONE of the cool action features from the movie. And it MIGHT come with a pilot, but it definitely won't be Sky Captain because they don't have Jude Law's likeness rights. They can't even approximate the costume colors. VERY disappointing.

And I still can't get those goddamn 4" Alien Vs. Predator figures MisterPL.  It's killing me.  :(  When I can afford them nobody has them, and when I can't afford them I can track a case down (that's about it, never individual figures for the $10-ish price).

I knew I should have bought the case when I had the chance. Sorry, Jesse. Hopefully the Microman figures will out-do the Snap Kits and be easier to find.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2005, 01:07 AM »
The license to Skycaptain's weird to me too...  I guess the company, as I understand it, that was trying to license that film just asked them to whip a plane up in the film's deco...  Since they had a P-40 (it's not a Mustang btw, different planes) tooled and all already...

To me, it's odd, but they're getting some recognition for it...  The fact they're delving into licensing is a good sign for the company.  They've done licensing before, but generally it was something along the lines of "Dodge" selling them the license to do the Dodge Command Car, or Cargo truck from WW2...  Stuff like that. 

Their first big license was getting the Patton family rights to do George Patton items, which was surprisingly expensive.  21st is really showing that they have rebounded though, even though I've argued they have expenses and overhead that most likely surpasses large companies like Hasbro in how they must plan financially...  Plus now licensing fees.  If what I heard is right, the Platoon license wasn't anything short of pricey, even for a large company, what with acquiring the actor's likenesses and the film's rights and such.  That's a lotta bigname people who are making appearances in plastic (incredible likenesses too, just outstanding!), including Johnny Depp, Tom(d?) Berrenger, and Charlie Sheen...  Not to mention Willam Defoe.  I guess there's 6 more of the actors to come too maybe?  I dunno.

They really picked their **** up after the last couple years where financial troubles plagued them.

To me the Bridge Too Far line may be the most interesting.  :)  That's an old film...

On the note of Skycaptain, and its disappointment, the movie Sahara is also under 21st's licensing rights...  The one kid from "That Thing You Do" (The funny blonde guy) and Matthew McConnahey (sp?) are the only two getting figures I guess and they're really only gonna repaint a couple of their current vehicles and include the figures as pack-ins.  I think a stand-alone figure line would've been more impressive.  Sucks they didn't push that movie with more figures I think.