Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63949 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Terminator Toy Line... 4" Scale.
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2005, 01:31 AM »
I'll take a "General Hicks" figure in Star Wars!  :)

Be nice if they cranked out a lot of those though...  Generics would be fine too, if they didn't wanna piss around with "Vasquez", "Hicks", and the like...  Be nice if they did though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2005, 03:25 AM »
Oh man, these pics suck, but htis was my lame attempt at showing an ill-fated Stormtrooper patrol on an alien-infested world...

« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 03:26 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2005, 01:56 PM »
Yeah, the pics kinda suck, but we get the picture. You're having fun, and that's the point.  ;D

Now gimme some T2 endoskeletons to join the Seperatist ranks... ;)
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Yeah, this camera is old, but she gave it to me for free since she got one to replace it that's much superior...  I can't complain since I was camera-less.  :)

I wanted to just show how compatible the Hot Toyz figs are with Star Wars figures really, not going for any "diorama of the year" prize there.  I just threw my portfolio binder open real quick for a background (innovative?  Eh) and voila... 

The alien seems around the right scale to me though people have debated that with me.  I recall seeing production of the Aliens movies though and guys inc ostumes were often used, so the Aliens aren't huge.  Only certain ones would be bigger than the average person.  Plus the alien CAN stand taller than a human, but it's not HUGE. 

Predator figs stand about right too.  The guy that played the Predator in the first Pred movie was from Pittsburgh actually.  He's a big dude, but still in the realm of a basketball player or "Wookiee" type height.  The Preds seem ok then to me.  They're bigger than most SW figures.

I'll snap grainy pictures of a pred with some sw figs and of the "Chase" alien too, which is what I'm just assuming this is at this point.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 10:18 AM »
As I recall, the original Alien was pretty tall. I'm guessing around the 7-foot range. Considering the performer's face was in the creature's neck and the Alien head was on top of that, I'd say it might even have been taller. (I'll have to dig through my olde Starlog magazines for pics.)

The Aliens in the second movie were so abundant, "normal" sized actors were used. I attribute the difference in sizes due to the hosts; if the Alien in the first movie was a result of the huge Space Jockey, naturally it would be bigger. Likewise offspring of human hosts would take on more human characteristics, including height.

The only PURE Alien might be the Queen, but even she probably underwent some creative license here and there.

Let's just say that these figures ROCK next to Hasbro's Star Wars line.  ;D

And speaking of the Space Jockey, wasn't a statue made of that thing? I wonder if it was close to 1:18 scale.  ;)
Post sober.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2005, 10:32 AM »
And speaking of the Space Jockey, wasn't a statue made of that thing? I wonder if it was close to 1:18 scale.  ;)

Nevermind. It's only 10" tall. And at $200 and 14 lbs, I'll wait to see if McFarlane offers one at $25.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: June 6, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Wonder what's up with these?

I saw some Terminator figs at Suncoast recently, but they didn't look 4" scale nor articulated.  I didn't have a ton of time so I didn't get to check the manufacturer.  The only 4" definite I saw was an Endoskeleton that was like a little statue (walking on skulls and stuff).  That was it...

Hope these are still on tap, as I'm pretty curious how good they'd be for fodder.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2005, 05:12 AM »
I've now seen some pictures of the next Hot Toys AvP line...  Looks sweet.

If you get all 8 you get pieces to build a 12" Alien Queen too I guess.  Among the new stuff was an Eldar Predator, a "Transforming" Predator, a chest-bursting predator, open and closed Alien Eggs, a Grid Alien, Warrior Alien, and Scar Predator...

Not sure what is up with those eggs.  They better be something more than just set dressing or they'll be ****** for $10-ish.

I'm in for a set though I think...  I'm pleased as punch with the Hot Toys figures I got.  They fit in well with Star Wars, and look BIG compared to average human figures just like they should.  A little unstable/limp and wanna fall over at times, but they work. 

My aliens give me more fits than my Predators...  They can be a real bitch to stand up.  It's a balance on the legs and tail.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 01:53 AM »
Hey guys. Want a pic of the starting lineup? ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 02:14 AM »
Nice pics...

They all look great and spot-on accurate.  The Endoskeleton is my favorite and shall make the best customs fodder.  Hell, he's pretty much the perfect phase I Darktrooper base.  Just give him the cutting arm/shield and he's set pretty much.

The female arms will be fantastic fodder.  I hope the headgear (glasses and/or hats) are remoable.  That'd make the cop and Sarah Conner's heads useable for customs.

The T-1000 (is that his #?) looks great.  Amazing likeness to the actor that played him.  Right down to the Taxi Cab with the doors open ears.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2005, 02:11 PM »
Did you know that Palisades does not have the rights to create Arnold's likeness? They were allowed to make a basic likeness however, without any details. I think they pulled it off rather well!

PS If anyone was wondering, the guy to the far right is a resistance fighter.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I thought he was a SWAT dude from near the end of the film...  Cool.  Hope for more resistance fighters then.

The likeness to Arnold's surprisingly close for a company without likeness rights.  He likely didn't give a huge **** about it I'd think.

Bummer he's not "clean".  I'd liked to have made a "General" from the Empire using Arnold's head. :)  Or an Alliance Commando...  Comeon, you know you want a Rebel Commando that's like Arnold!

Oh well...  Nice pics, and I hope this line continues...  I'd take quite a few more figures.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Spiffy! That trooper dude would fit perfectly into Star Wars sets as an Imperial mechanic or Republic support infantry or something.

Not a big fan of the likeness on the T-1000 though.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 7, 2005, 11:36 AM »
There's another sneak peek of resin models over at the Palisades boards. They're not painted, but the poses illustrate how awesome the articulation will be. The bullet-ridden T-1000 looks particularly sweet.

Now that this line won't be blind boxed, I'm totally buying into this line.  ;D
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2005, 02:39 AM »
It gets better MisterPL (where the hell you at?) as it seems Palisades has on tap for next year (in 1:18 articulated figure realm):

-Planet of the Apes
-Terminator
-Predator!
&
-Aliens (w/Colonial Marines!)

Holy ****!  I just wet myself.

And if that Predator line isn't AvP but rather Predator 1, and MAYBE would include figures of the Commando unit...  Well that's it.  I'm spent.