Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63918 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Terminator Toy Line... 4" Scale.
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Teh awesomeness x10000!!!11!

Seriously, that's wicked cool. That's practically one of my life dreams to have 3.75" scale Alien and Pred figures to mingle with my SW stuff. POTA and Termie figures are just icing on the cake.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2005, 12:36 AM »
I WILL have Apes in my Cantina.

I'm hoping for grand fodder from all this though...  A Terminator Endo Skeleton is what I've hoped for to use as a Phase I Darktrooper for ages now.  Just need to add the blade/shield to his arm and voila!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Uh, holy ****.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2006, 01:15 AM »
Those look fantastic. I can see myself buying multiples of the Endo Skeleton for customizing. Someone has probably already answered this but how much are these and where will they be availible?
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2006, 01:21 AM »
I'm assuming we'll see either the $15-ish pricepoint the Army of Darkness line carried, or we'll see a price reduction due to that line's failure at retail.  I'm curious on price though.  I'd love two figs for $10 but I can't imagine it right now.

The figures are looking great though.  Cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2006, 01:22 AM »

« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 01:23 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2006, 05:55 AM »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a strong chance that they will not see the light of day. It been reported that Palisades Toys has gone belly-up in the last 2 weeks or so :(   If these things have already been manufactured, hoefully they will end up in close-out stores like Big Lots or even dumped clearance priced at KB depending on who bought out Palisades' assets.

Palisades has not updated anything on their site in quite some time and their e-bay store is empty. They appear to be liquidating everything but the desks their employees sit at through their Palisades Direct portion of their website (which is not responding as of this posting :( ).

It's a shame as they finally seem to have corrected the QC issues that plagued their first series of "Army Of Darkness" figures. I got a single Series II figure (King's Knight) for 2 bucks from a Suncoast that's closing down and it's construction is lightyears better than the 100 or so Series I figures I got on clearance this summer (no more brittle clear plastic joints!).

I was really looking forward to these :(
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2006, 05:57 AM »
Yeah I've heard that...  Gonna hope to see these Terminator figures.  Be a shame to never get Endo Skeletons for SW customizing.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 3, 2006, 02:53 PM »
****!!!!!!! I hope this line isn't screwed.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 03:20 AM »
Unintentionally, images from Hong Kong Toy Fair leaked out the first glimpse of Hot Toyz's new Snap Kit figures for the Alien Vs. Predator line.  This time, all aliens AND Colonial Marines.  Let the heart attacks begin.

No Vasquez I guess, but that's ok...  for now.  I love the Ripley figure though.  And the rest are amazing too really.  Hot Toyz does good work, definitely worth integrating to your Star Wars Cantina. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 03:29 AM »
Are those 3 3/4" as well? Cause that would be ******* awesome. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 03:51 AM »
I'm assuming so.  The Hot Toyz SnapKit line has been 1:18 scaled so far...  And the detail is unmatchable really.  I'm guessing they only want to do male Marines right now using the same mold for most of the parts, and maybe Vasquez and that other chick later?  Ripley looks good though... 

The construction of the figures isn't the norm for this scale, but it works well, looks good...  Very poseable, if not a tad delicate.

If you haven't got any of these figs Ryan, they're great if you like Aliens and/or Predator films.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2006, 03:06 AM »
New Snap Kits posted at Hot Toyz...  Oh mama.

This is the new wave due out in June.  I still gotta get Wave 2, ugh...   ::)

Product description...  I hope these are 1:18 like the other lines, not some bull**** scale.
Product description

~Each Snap Kit stands 4 inches high

Designs include:

~ RIPLEY
~ HICKS
~ APONE
~ DRAKE
~ ALIEN Type A
~ ALIEN Type B
~ ALIEN Type C
~ ALIEN Type A ( Battle Damaged)
~ ALIEN Type B ( Battle Damaged)
~ ALIEN Type C ( Battle Damaged)

##total 10 designs

Product Highlights:

* 1/6 scale ALIEN eggs package design
* Each SNAP KITS come with figure base
* Simple assembly required
* Fully articulated after assembly

Aliens TM & (C) 1985, 2006 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:08 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2006, 03:21 AM »
Oh ****...

So I blew these images up.  I am praying these are 4" figures.  They must be...  And they come in, from what I read there, 1:6 scale (12" figure) Alien egg packages?  Are you f'n kidding me?  Now THERE is marketing people...  THAT is how you get people interested in EVERY aspect of collecting.  Imagine if 3.75" SW figures came in some kind of packaging you used for collecting?  Incredible.

The articulation looks better on the marines anyway.  Looks like there's sturdier joints to plug in.  More gear too by far.  I'm hoping removable helmets, not glued on stuff with half-heads.  I want Hicks and Apone for custom SW heads as well as my aliens figures.  Ripley is a great generic female head, and Drake looks really rocking.  Good arms for customs it seems...  Bare-armed figures and ****.  Sleeves up are hard to find good in this scale too.

Not to mention the pulse rifles and stuff look great...  I must have the other Marines now though and the android...

Oh and not to mention the KICK ASS aliens in this set too.  3 types, all unique, and all more true to the Aliens film as opposed to Alien or AvP...  They have the "human" physique, very cool, and not only do you get 3 types but you get THREE battle damaged types in the series too with bullet holes and crap.

The only thing I want now is face huggers that can latch to faces, and I'd like to see figures from the Nostramus's crew in Alien...  Maybe some Alien Resurrection figures too since there were interesting characters there and LOTS of good stuff to build on.  A playset would be so awesome but not in this company's style.  Who wouldn't want a hallway set though, or a Resurrection Alien holding pen or something...  Oh!  I know now, I want a colonist victim figure with chestburster.  We need chestbursters from this company too, forgot those.

Oh and I want the wormy guy from My Two Dads too...  I don't recall his character's name off-hand but I want that figure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2006, 01:34 PM »
I'm not familiar with these Snap Kits.  Are they more like the Gundam kits that were out than regular snap together models (cars, planes and the like)?  Because if they are then I might be interested in picking up the Marines when they come out. 

Anyone know how many points of articulation these might have?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"