Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63935 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #165 on: July 8, 2008, 11:18 PM »
They're supposed to be the same aliens (right?)

Actually I thought they weren't supposed to be exactly the same "species"...  Just variations of them.  I could be wrong though, as I'm no Alien(s) expert.  I do know though that the Hot Toys SNap Kit figures were pretty careful to vary the alien figures they've made to reflect the movie they're from...  Aliens aliens are more a guy in a suit compared to AvP aliens as having canine-like legs.

They never did a snap kit for the original movie to compare though. :( 

The Aliens ones come in a wide variety of colors too, for no real reason...  I haven't been able to figure that out either.

I wish Hot Toys would put out another set of Snap Kits...  If anyone ever gets a case of the "Aliens" figures, I'd love to pick a couple figures up off you to help ease the case's cost, including some of the aliens.  Love them figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Playmates Toys announced at the Fall Toy Preview in Dallas that they will be producing toys based on the fourth installment in the TERMINATOR franchise. TERMINATOR SALVATION, debuting May 22, 2009, from Warner Bros. Pictures and Sony Pictures, will receive "an edgy line of collectible action toys targeting kids and collectors."

The initial film window launch will include a full assortment of fully-articulated action figures (multiple scales) featuring new, never-seen-before Terminators; battle-ready replica vehicles; and signature role play items: the Terminator T-600 Voice ‘n’ Vision Skull with authentic red light-up eyes, voice changer/sound effects and the Terminator Deluxe T-600 Fist that vibrates, fires and emits sounds.

In the Fall, Playmates will introduce the Skynet playset; assortments of six new figures in basic (3¾”) and deluxe scales (6”); several new signature vehicles including remote control and skin peeling Terminators in super size (10”); and much more. Playmates plans on establishing the TERMINATOR SALVATION toy license as "a solid action toy segment for the next several years."

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:21 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2008, 01:52 PM »
I'd love to see some photos of the 3.75" line, vehicles, and playsets.  Definite SW customizing possibilities.  I have no clue what the movie's about but if it's all future wars type stuff, it may be very cool to collect in general.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Playmates doesn't have any photos available of any of the new stuff yet (according to the person I talked to), but with any luck we'll see something at Toy Fair.  Of course I said that last year about the Star Trek movie line (they announced it right before Toy Fair) and they didn't have anything.  :| 

My hopes are that the 6" figures are in the realm of Marvel Legends, DCU, Batman Movie Masters, etc as far as articulation and detail goes.

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2008, 02:35 PM »
Sweet, can't wait to see what this stuff will look like.  8)  ;D

I have no clue what the movie's about but if it's all future wars type stuff, it may be very cool to collect in general.

Yepper, the future is is.  Terminator Salvation  Check out the Terminator Salvation Teaser Trailer Jesse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2008, 02:49 PM »
3.75" figures...YAY!  I'll be down for some Terminator models in that scale.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2008, 02:11 AM »
Thanks Dale, and yes if it's 3.75" I'll probably get suckered in.  ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 6, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Some pics are up on the figs from Playmates Terminator Salvation line.

I'm only posting a link here as it may contain potential spoilers so enter at your own risk.

Pics will be posted after the movie is released as not to spoil readers that do not want to see them.

Terminator Salvation Action Figures
« Last Edit: January 6, 2009, 08:53 AM by DSJ™ »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 6, 2009, 09:48 AM »
In my opinion these figures suck. They look like the crappy versions of the Borg that Playmates did back for Star Trek.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 6, 2009, 09:57 AM »
Eh.  The endoskeleton of the Terminators don't look completely terrible.  I still may snag one or two of them for some possible uses.  The rest?  Blah.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 6, 2009, 01:03 PM »
What a let down,  I was so looking foward to this line and they look like something like the old ghostbusters line form the 80's and 90's.   the 6" line looks the best out of them all.
I guess I will be passing hopefully the new trek line is better then this
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: January 6, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Wow I think that seems a little harsh...  The sculpts actually aren't that bad.  The Endo Skeletons all loook nice to me, and the articulation looks to be pretty exact to Hasbro's on SW figures currently.  They're not 100% crisp like SW figures look.  That sharpness isn't there, but I wouldn't equate them to anything of the 80's or even the 90's for sure.  They're pretty decent looking to me.

I'm disappointed at the lack of humans though... 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 6, 2009, 08:14 PM »
I just took some more time to go over the photos and I agree with Jesse, they aren't that bad.  I could see some good custom material in there for people and they look like they might make decent toys and, if so, that's always a major plus in my book.

I'm thinking about previous Playmates toys and I'm drawing a blank on any line from them that's really not been a good "toy."  Usually when you hit that mark you miss on some of the detail you get in lines like Star Wars or the collector oriented lines like Marvel Legends and DCUC and such. 

I'm sure I'll get some terminators but I'll wait to pass judgement when I see more production photos.  Anyone see a release date on these?

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: January 6, 2009, 08:40 PM »
I think, above the sculpts, the problem is paint...  THe paintjobs on those are all plain looking to me, and I think people will be surprised by the sculpt's detail.  Paint often can hide a lot of quality work...  Case-in-point, look at how Hasbro can repaint any POTF2 figure and it somehow looks significantly better.  I think those figures look better each time I check 'em out honestly.  The paint is very plain on them though.

If they spread out the line with some more human resistance fighters and stuff, cool beans.  I'm down for some of these I think, so long as I am ok with the price.  Some of the prices on stuff these days are out of control, but if these come in like my military figures, I'm game to buy the whole line I think.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 6, 2009, 09:28 PM »
Those look terrible.  Was one of those even supposed to be John Connor?  Because I couldn't tell.  And given the fact that there are already some decent sculpts of Christian Bale out there in the Batman line, these look even more ridiculous.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback