Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63921 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #180 on: January 6, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Those look terrible.  Was one of those even supposed to be John Connor?  Because I couldn't tell.  And given the fact that there are already some decent sculpts of Christian Bale out there in the Batman line, these look even more ridiculous.

Seriously not interested.  Wow these are bad.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 9, 2009, 11:35 PM »
Those my good friends are Playmates' work at it best (in other-words lousy)
« Last Edit: January 9, 2009, 11:35 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: March 3, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Are there any new, better/detailed images of the Terminator: Salvation figures?  I'm sorta anxious for these and how they'll jive with Star Wars for custom fodder, but also just how cool they'll look in general.  Lots of 3.75"-ish stuff this year, and I for one am quite happy at that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: March 3, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Thanks Dale.  I see some things I think are different than I'd seen...  Regardless this looks like a cool 3.75"-ish line of figures to me.  I'm digging the idea of Terminators for custom fodder.  I love the T-1 and what it could be turned into...

It'll be a neat little line to collect but it could have a quick death if the film bites.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35 PM »
Any of the new TS figs showing up in the stores? I'm seeing the figs & such showing up on the bay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Yes.  I bought two tonight...  I'v enot opened them as I haven't had time really, but the endoskeletons look nifty to me...  I'm pleased.  Got them and a ST Chekov figure too, so I'll hopefully have a better opinion of thse in a little bit. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2009, 12:35 AM »
OK, so I picked up two tonight...

I'd loved to have bought a John Connor, but oddly enough he's nowhere to be foudn in wave 1.  Go figure...

I did get a T-700 and a human resistance guy... 

The resistance guy is pretty sub-par, especially for $7 (TRU's price).  The articulation is ok, but the poor engineering in the sculpt hampers the poseability somewhat. T here's very little to speak of in the way of accessories though, and that's disappointing.  You get a very poorly sculpted gun of some sort, and an even poorer sculpt of a pistol.  There's no working holsters, no removable headgear...  Just not much.

The paint isn't anything to write home about either.  It's simple, not much in the way of washes or efforts to dirty up the character.  The bio on the card is pretty generic and the character has a name (which I cannot recall now) but he's not really listed on the card as anyone of importance.

Between the weapons and such, this figure is fairly lame...  Knowing what I know now, I'll be cautious with future purchases.

The T-700 is better...  But not by a ton.  The articulation is less on the T-700 as he lacks any neck or wrist articulation.  VERY disappointing on a figure that should've been super articulated.  The "angle iron" accessory is fairly cool though and he also comes with a rifle. 

The paintjob and sculpt are a little more interesting on the T-700 though, and despite the articulation issue, I totally can see some T's in my Star Wars fodder bin, or even one just chilling in Jabba's palace or with the droids on the Jawa shelf.  He stands ok enough, but his knees are essentially just hinge joints and the lacking points of articulation at the torso, neck and wrists are all a nuisance for sure.  Again, at $7 you should get more...  I point to the military figures out there and you get a LOT more in those for $5 in every way imagineable.

The Terminators seem to be the winners so far, but really these are in a line I think will be doomed unless they seriously improve soon. 

I will say, I'm hoping for cheap terminators for customs...  I see hope there.  I think had they made a little more effort, this line could've had really big legs that carried it for a couple years or so.  As it stands though, I think it'll be seeing clearance.  At $7 per figure though, it's doomed.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2009, 03:50 PM »
Found some of the Terminator figures and toys today at Target.  They didn't have any of the 4" figures stocked yet, just empty pegs.

I liked the Hunter Killer vehicle with the T-700.  Some of the larger sized figures I don't really care for.  Waiting to see the 4" stuff but I'm hoping I like the Terminator figures because I'd like to add one or two.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2009, 11:32 PM »
I saw the 6" and 4" figs at KMart this evening.  I Was pretty underwhelmed.  Even the Hunter/Killer was kind of lame IMP.  They could have done a lot with the Terminators, but looks to me like they cheaped out.  The 4" ones look like Battle Droid knock-offs - very dissapointing. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2009, 10:15 AM »
Saw these next to the Star Trek Toys. Yeah, they certainly aren't as cool. The machines look decent, but the humans look like mediocre Gi-Joe knock-offs.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30 AM »
Saw these at TRU for the first time yesterday. Nothing overly impressive in the 3.75" line. I did however pick up a 'deluxe' 6" T-R.I.P. and I think it's pretty awesome. I might want a few more of them actually, and maybe some 6" T-700s as well for variety. I'm also really looking forward to the T-1, I didn't see any though. I also saw the vehicles, and the Hunter Killer looks like something I'll definitely want to pick up. Overall, the line's pretty meh but there are a few things that stood out that I want.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2009, 02:38 AM »
Target had the 4" figures stocked Tuesday night when I stopped in.  They actually don't look so bad in person.  I didn't care for the couple of online photos I'd seen.

The T-RIP and the T-700 aren't bad but I didn't buy either yet. 

I'm thinking that with this and the Trek movie coming up in a couple of weeks that stores will probably run a sale on these new toys so I'll pick up a couple at that point.

My Wal-Mar hasn't even cleared space for either the Trek or Terminator toys and, honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if my store doesn't even stock these.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Picked up an Endoskeleton Terminator.  Worst figure ever.  Horrible articulation.  Was hoping these would fit in with other 3-3/4" figs but they dont.  This thing is really undersized plus the arms are longer than the legs and the weapons stink plus dont fit correctly in its hand. 

MU Spidey, Terminator, Microman Alien, Evo Sandy

(just fixed your picture for you. - Ryan)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:42 PM by Ryan »