Author Topic: Anything give you the willies??  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Anything give you the willies??
« Reply #15 on: June 6, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Jabba getting stepped on by Han Solo really bugs me.  It almost makes me more upset than Greedo shooting first.  Almost. 

I have grown to not like the Biggs/Luke exchange before the assault on the Death Star.  Mainly Luke's "See Biggs (humongous smile) I told you I would make it someday!"  Then we get Biggs' "It will be just like old times."  Ummm, ok.  I can see why it was cutout the first time. 

Luke's SE scream in ESB.  Thankfully it has been taken out it the lastest DVD change. 

I still don't like how they changed Vader's dialogue after Luke falls down the Bespin core.  Now it's something like "Alert my star Destroyer for my arrival"?  I don't know but it sounds bad plus the line is so drawn out.  Like "IIII ccccccaaaannnnn onleeeee taaaaalk reallllleeee slooooowllleeeeee nooooowwwwww.

ROTJ - For some reason I don't like Fett hitting on Rystaal.  I did not mind the dance number or song.  I know a lot of people hate it but I'm ok with it. 

I am sure there are more but those stick out for me right now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 6, 2005, 11:17 AM »
I agree with a number of the moments that have been mentioned here so far.  The "Jedi Rocks" song change in ROTJ is one of the tops on my list.  I just liked the original song, and I agree, I liked the Snootles puppet better for some reason.  Of course, there are the other obvious ones....Greedo shooting first, impossible Skiff swing, etc....things like that...particularly the Greedo moment, bother me.  We watched ANH and ESB on DVD this weekend, and for some reason, one part that just seems cheezy to me is at the end of ANH, after destroying the Death Star, when the heroes "re-unite".  Luke climbs out of the X-Wing, then Leia and Han show up, and the dialogue there just seems silly to me (paraphrasing the lines):"I wasn't gonna let you get all the reward" and "I knew there was more to you than money".  I don't know, just seems kind of silly to me...but that's ok I guess, lots of this stuff would be considered silly by a lot of people :).  Oh, and the brother/sister kissing scenes still bother me a bit when I see them.  I still have a feeling that Lucas didn't have that relationship figured out until later on, even though he says he did.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 11:17 AM by mosnab »

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 03:36 AM »
This is one of those threads that, as a dork, I feel an urge to "explain" things when I disagree with someone's dislike of something in the films, haha.  That kind of **** is what my friends laugh at me about.  :(

You should here me teying to justify what exactly .5 past lightspeed is.

.5 of what, exactly? Yea....I'm sure everyone understands my dilemna.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Greedo shooting first and Jedi Rocks
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Hayden Christensen at the end of ROTJ.  What a s**tty way to end the saga.  I like Hayden for the most part, but there was no need to replace old Anakin with new Anakin.  But that's another argument.

Jedi Rocks and Chewie's tarzan yell are probably the next two for me.  The prequels have more than a few moments, but again I'll leave that for another thread.  :)

John

Offline boudreauxshakey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2005, 11:10 AM »
i hate when luke is fighting the monster in jabbas palcae what was its name again

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 04:52 PM »
i hate when luke is fighting the monster in jabbas palcae what was its name again

The rancor. And are you serious? What do you think is wrong with that scene? ???
"This is the way."