Author Topic: mip DARTH TATER in hand !!! $10 (updated 02-25-05 with low low price!!)  (Read 1588 times)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
This is the Star Wars/Darth Vader version of Mr. Potato Head. I have two of these in hand for sale/trade. They are mint and sealed in mint packages. These are brand new and very rare. Each one includes a plastic potato body and at least a dozen interchangable accessories including eyes, ears, a nose, a tongue, teeth, shoes, arms, a helmet, a faceplate, a light saber, etc. I am asking $10 per spud and I may also accept trade offers. If you're interested or if you have any further questions, please PM me, email me at starwax137@zoominternet.net or just post here. Thanks for looking.

--edit--  C'mon guys this is retail price($9) + tax($.70). I'm making a thirty cent profit here by rounding it off to $10. It's just that I found these early, two months early, and thought surely someone here would be interested in getting them at cost. So now that I have them sitting here please take them off my hands.

--Mike
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 04:57 PM by starwax137 »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
Re: mip DARTH TATER in hand !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2005, 01:07 PM »
In response to a question asked by another member who thought the retail price of this item was 'around $7.99':

Actually, retail is supposed to be about $9+tax. However, starwarsshop.com (who, by the way, is currently sold out of these) was selling them for $13 plus shipping (Shipping was around $5 I think.) You can also currently pre-order them at entertainmentearth.com for $10 (again, PLUS SHIPPING) but Entertainment Earth also won't get them in until March or later anyway. So you see my price isn't that bad after all, especially since you'd be getting it earlier than otherwise possible. Hope this helps, and thanks for inquiring. --Mike

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Unless that $15 includes shipping you're marking that thing up by 60%. WTF?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2005, 03:09 AM »
Hey Mike,
Jared's right.  We'd prefer you not sell current retail product for anything more than what you purchased it at.  If you bought it from SWS.com, that'd be one thing, and asking for what you paid for it from them would be fine.  But if you bought it at Target, or some such store for $8, then we won't allow you to sell it for any more than that on the JD boards (even if e-tailers sell it for more).  We're here to help our fellow JD collectors out.  Not profit off of them.

But if you want to say that the $15 includes shipping, then that'd probably be tolerable.  So please keep these rules in mind for your future trading/selling here at JD.  Thanks!  If you have any further questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me or any other staff member...

- Matt

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Yes actually the $15 does include shipping. Sorry I guess I forgot to mention that. :-[

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
Re: mip DARTH TATER in hand !!! ***free shipping***
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 04:16 PM »
CHANGING PRICE TO $10 plus shipping! WHAT A DEAL!!

8)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
bumpity...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: mip DARTH TATER in hand !!! ***free shipping***
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Yes actually the $15 does include shipping. Sorry I guess I forgot to mention that. :-[

CHANGING PRICE TO $10 plus shipping! WHAT A DEAL!!

8)

Starwax, what exactly is the difference between the two aforementioned prices?!?  $15 including shipping, for the Darth Tater set, would break down to approximately $10 for the Tater, and $5 for shipping.

Yet now you're saying you've "changed (reduced) the price" to only $10 plus shipping?

That's essentially the exact same thing, not to mention that we've already pointed out that you can't sell this item here for more than $10 anyway...   ::)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
sorry... :(