Author Topic: Droid Tri-Fighter  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Droid Tri-Fighter
« on: March 7, 2005, 11:49 AM »
With a bunch of people finding this wave of vehicles this weekend, I thought we better start up a thread for this vehicle too...

I managed to find this one this weekend and I love the design.  I like the little buzz droids too, should be cool to see them in action in the movie!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Tri-Fighter
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Ok - well even though I didn't get two today, I decided to open the one I found anyway (instead of keeping it for my MIB collection) - I figured I'd be able to find another one in the next couple of days anyway.....

This is a REALLY great toy. Unlike the TPM Droid Fighters that were REALLY flimsy, this toy is VERY solid. Cool play value too if you're going to pretend to have the opening space battle of EPIII.

The buzz droids have great detail and paint ops on them. There are two sockets where you can plug them into this ship and all five droids fit nicely inside the ball cockpit. Actually it looks like there's enough room inside the ball to fit a battle droid, but I didn't try.

Like the Jedi Starfighters, the sticker sheet contains battle damage and space-flight wear stickers with the instructions to apply them as you wish.

Over all, this is a great ship -- on the whole I'm very pleased with the vehicles this time around. All they need to do is add a Wookie Helicopter and a V-Wing to the Medium size vehicle assortment and I'll be happy.

Anyway, here's the pics I took...

Parts out of the box...

Fully assembled and stickered...

Underside...

Buzz Droids along for the ride...

and snug in their home...

here's a side-by-side shot of the two Separatist vehicles...

As with the Grevious Wheelbike pics, if there's a shot you want to see or question you have about the ship, feel free to ask.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2005, 10:24 PM »
PeteFett - those are some really great pics you took.  Thank you so much for sharing them.

I'm not 100% sold on the Droid Tri Fighter.  I'll defintitely get one or two of them, but for some reason those red eyes on the sides kinda turn me off... nothing to do with Hasbro's work I know, just the LF design.  Looks like a mosquito kinda.

:P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2005, 08:09 AM »
Honestly, I actually prefer the Tri-Fighter to Grievous' Wheel Bike.  I had a lot of fun flying the Tri-Fighter around the room and making laser noises admiring all the details of the ship and I think it's one of the more interesting designs of the Separatist armada.  As Pete said, this toy is just as sturdy as the TPM Droid Fighters (now, I guess, officially known as the "Vulture Droids") were flimsy and it's just a lot of fun.

By the way, Pete, those are some nice socks you're wearing.  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2005, 08:30 AM »
Thanks for taking all the pics and sharing Pete, it is nice to get a better look at these ships loose.  I haven't decided yet if I'm goign to pick up the Tri-Fighter, but it doesn't look too bad in your pics.  The buzz droids look kind of neat.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2005, 11:53 AM »
By the way, Pete, those are some nice socks you're wearing.  ;D

Why thank you!  ;)

I was trying to get the pictures together as fast as possible and no matter how I positioned the ship, I just wasn't getting a good shot of the bottom - so I used my feet to hold it up... so in that pic you get the Droid Tri-Fighter and my feet! LOL!

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2005, 12:54 PM »
At least you had socks on in the pic.  Imagine if you were barefoot - some sicko around here might have a foot fetish and... ok I'm not even gonna go there.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: March 9, 2005, 01:45 PM »

Jared (Tydirium) was kind enough to take some great loose and packaged shots of his Droid Tri-Fighter for the JD Image Database.

You can check them out here:
JD.com's Image Database - Droid Tri-Fighter
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender