Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61755 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Is it me or does the AT-TE gunner have the dreaded "Action feature hips"? 

He still looks fantastic action feature or not. :o

No, I think it's something that might actually be the next step we needed in SA articulation - look again at the hip joints. They're slightly rounded. I think they could be ballsockets, so they can move outward from the hip like VOTC Luke. This is a serious winner.

I think you are right again Jared.   The hip joints look to be ballsockets.  You can check out the difference  Action Feature Clone Trooper, AT-TE Gunner.

Also, you can see from the carded front shot of the gunner he doesn't have that awkward stance that the action feature clone does.

It makes sense that the gunner would have ballsocket hip joints.   If your manning a AT-TE it would be a good idea to be able to sit down. :P  Unlike the CW Trooper which can't kneel or sit down, if his life depended on it.

This lends more credence that we will see a AT-TE vehicle in the near future. :D  ;D

I just can't believe Hasbro would bless us with such a great  Clone Trooper.  He even comes with two helmets a regular, a mission specific, and his pauldron seems to be easily removed for army building.   Might I venture to say that Hasbro quite possibly has surpassed the current SA Trooper? :o
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Yeah, this looks superior to the SA Clone... talk about looking to be a hell of a figure...

I think he actually just comes with one helmet, rather the helmet looking thing on the right just attaches to the base helmet. 

Either way - way to go Hasbro!!!  Well worth $5.88!

:P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 10, 2005, 04:46 PM »

Doesn't look like a mask to me.  I think the funky look on the action figure is more of a screw up on Hasbro's part.

Editted to add:
The pic on the card has to be an early design and Hasbro based the fig on that.  After much thought, Lucas must of thought how incredibly stupid this alien looks, even for a SW movie.  The all black eyes makes it much better looking, IMO.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 04:52 PM by Mikey D »
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Uh, dumb question time.  What's the point of a pauldron, functionally speaking?  I'm sure there is one, aside from rank designation, but I have no clue what it might be. 

I think I'll be buying every AT-TE driver I see.  That should more than make up for any other figures I pass on while waiting for clearance prices ::) :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 10, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I'm thinking I'll get a crapload of the AT-TE driver as well... what a fantastic looking figure...

And Mikey D , thanks for that pic - Polis looks so much better now. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Uh, dumb question time.  What's the point of a pauldron, functionally speaking?  I'm sure there is one, aside from rank designation, but I have no clue what it might be. 

I think I'll be buying every AT-TE driver I see.  That should more than make up for any other figures I pass on while waiting for clearance prices ::) :'(

My "favorite" part will be next June when all of us are desperately crying out for help with the AT-TE Gunner because our local stores are CLOGGED with April 2nd figures... pegs and pegs of Mon Mothma, Grieveous Body Guard, SBD, Bail Organa, etc.

Those middle waves are sometimes tricky to find because of the initial glut of product clogging the shelves, so the AT-TE Gunner cases will rot in the back waiting and waiting to be stocked...  :'(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Yeah... but I do think that the initial April 2nd figures will be a bit better sellers than what we saw before with EPI and EP2...

Especially the EPI stuff... those were just too damn overpriced.

For the EP2 stuff, it seemed to be more popular than the EPI stuff, but I think the EP3 stuff will be the hottest of all prequel figures.  We're finally seeing more and more of the OTC designs and characters that more people are familiar with.  Plus, the quality on these is so much higher than what we got before with the prequel figures.

I hope I'm right, because I really want the middle waves in the summer to be easy to get.   ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Ok, I really think that Polis has a mask on... why would the rest of his skin be a blue-gray color, but just the face white? 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2005, 08:33 PM »
"...why would the rest of his skin be a blue-gray color, but just the face white?"

Whay do the Jawas eyes glow?

Why does Yoda have giant ears?

Why does Ree-Yees have three eyes?

Why is Taun We so skinny?

Um...maybe becuase it's an alien from a galaxy far, far away... ;D
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Exactly.  I think he looks pretty neat, but the black eyes are better.  And I also will be buying lots and lots of AT TE gunners. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2005, 08:41 PM »
I think the Polis Massan's may be a sort of inside joke between Lucas and Spielberg.  I think they were designed as some sort of tribute to the greys or aliens from Clone Encouters Of The Third Kind.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2005, 09:28 PM »
OK, I was looking over the GH pictures again...

Is it my imagination or does Mas Amedda have a pack-in Tongue?

Mas Amedda

See on his face, he has two "holes" like our pal Dannikk Jerriko:

And, I see what looks like a tongue in the bubble of his carded figure, just above the horns of the die cut insert:

Forgive me if this was common knowledge, just found it interesting that Dannik's tentacle boogers were an Ep3 precursor...

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2005, 09:47 PM »
It looks like it, but it could also be some thing he holds in his left hand (it looks made to hold something)

Interesting  though and a good catch Jeff!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2005, 10:40 PM »
"...why would the rest of his skin be a blue-gray color, but just the face white?"

Whay do the Jawas eyes glow?

Why does Yoda have giant ears?

Why does Ree-Yees have three eyes?

Why is Taun We so skinny?

Um...maybe becuase it's an alien from a galaxy far, far away... ;D

Ha Ha.  There's a pretty clear outline around the face, making me think it's a mask.   ::)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
New loose/carded images
« Reply #224 on: February 10, 2005, 11:23 PM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3940&zoneid=2

Definitely some nice pics here - and great to get a better look at the C3PO figure!  Looks like the best 3PO yet - hopefully we can all find them with the eyes centered better...

And check out these -

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/ep3_20050210/index.htm

I'm really liking the Anakin-Vader deluxe...