Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61685 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2005, 11:26 PM »
The first thing I thought of when I saw the Polis Massa (I don't know if I'm spelling it right and I'm too tired to check right now) was of the early conceptual art for the Kaminoans.  If any of you have "The Art of 'Attack of the Clones'", check out the section on Kamino.  One of the early designs that was discarded looks almost identical to the Polis people.

Maybe it's a similar situation to how the Geonosians were based on early conceptual artwork for the Neimoidians.  One of my favorite little things about the Geonosians (something that was originally a Neimoidian trait) was that they designed the Battle Droids in their own image.  Very cool, I think.

But yeah, it looks like there is more old artwork being used for different things.  Thankfully none of it is Doug Chiang's curvy hood ornament crap that got thrown out on Episode I, but this is neither the time nor place for that discussion.

SilverZ

« Reply #226 on: February 10, 2005, 11:50 PM »
10 more figures up on GH.

The packaging for the Royal Guard confirms the red/blue variant quite plainly. Both an Imperial Royal Guard (red) and the Republic Senate Guard (blue) are shown on the front photo of the packaging.

What's with the "Jedi Kick" crap on the otherwise perfect ObiWan?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2005, 01:50 AM »
And the helmet on the blue guard is slightly different from its previous incarnation, too.  Cool.  Love all the new pics.  It's a virtual feast over at GH everyday.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: New loose/carded images
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2005, 01:52 AM »
I like it too.  I like the 12" version even better.  That is a work of art.  Here I thought I wasn't buying that much.  Sigh. ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2005, 06:11 AM »
That Secret Attack Greivous looks awsome. The paint job on him is pretty damn good. I'll be picking up 2, so I can make a custom ultimate Greivous.

Kevin

EDIT:

Doesnt Kolar's saber look yellow?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 06:17 AM by Famine »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Why did my wife and I have to have a newborn during a movie year?  LOL!   Hasbro has done really well this time judging by the pics of these figures, vehicles, 12 inchers, and even the deluxe figs. 

You army builders are going to be broke with all the cool looking clone troopers, comanders, pilots, wookies, etc.  I will go broke in general just buying up one of each figure. 

Sorry, I am on a new picture high today looking at all this stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2005, 08:54 AM »
First off, good catch on the Mas figure Jeff, it does look like there could be a "removable" tongue or something on that figure, definitely a possibility.

Secondly, wow, just a visual feast to log in to see this morning.  All kinds of picturey goodness over at GH with lots more of the basic figures, the deluxe figures, 12" figures, etc.  The figures are all looking pretty great I think, and like I said earlier I don't know if I've been this excited about the lineup as a whole for quite some time (except when we initially heard about the VOTC).  Almost all of the figures have looked great, all the Jedi seem to be highly posable, without action stances, and great apology figures for some of the AOTC ones we got.  Collection 2 looks especially spiffy, and we look to be getting a nice batch of figures this year.  I agree about that Obi-Wan figure though, in that hi-res pic it looks really good, aside from the "Jedi Kick".  I was hoping the first action featured Obi-Wan would be enough, and we could get a "normal" one the second time around.  Hopefully no buttons or levers are involved, so it won't be quite as bad.  Anyways, everything is looking great!  Heck, that 3PO looks quite a bit nicer than the VOTC one we got...for $10. ::)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I have been pleasently surprised by most of the ROTS stuff.  Even the deluxe figures are tempting to me.  Especially compared to AOTC flipping figures and that Jango Fett removeable armor deluxe figs.  Ugh. 

Just about all of the Jedi look great IMO.  Kit, Agen, Aayla, Luminar, Plo, Saesee, Anakin, Kenobi. 

Most of the clones look great to like the pilot, commander, etc. 

I have to get that 12 inch Vader/Anakin just for the scarred head. 

Here I thought I would not go wild with purchases this time around.  Yeah right. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2005, 09:56 AM »
Wow, so many images all leaking so soon.   :)

Looking at the GH pictures, I am more inclined to believe that the "loose" figures are all painted hard-copys.  I think that is why they look so nice. 

In each picture, the carded figure has something that is a bit different - less paint deco, less detail, etc.  For example, on both Luminara and Shaak, the detail on the dresses is NOT the same between the carded figure and the loose one.  Same goes with many of the other figures - slight changes in the soft goods, slight changes in the paint apps, etc. 

So, I am trying not to get TOO excited, less I suffer disappointment when the actual figure looks worse in my hand.  Hopefully though, the figures will turn out as great as they look, but we all know the Hasbro disclaimer, "actual product may vary".   :-\

Either way, it should be a fun Toy Fair when we see more stuff, and it's definately making for a long wait until April 2nd!  Ah well, gives me 2 months to save up the moolah for all those figures...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2005, 11:05 AM »
I'm getting more and more excited about the deluxe "man-e-face" Palpatine... damn that looks cool!

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Wow, so many images all leaking so soon.   :)

Looking at the GH pictures, I am more inclined to believe that the "loose" figures are all painted hard-copys.  I think that is why they look so nice. 

If you look at those loose GH images, they're virtually identical to the images that are on the cardbacks, only larger.  These look like they're some sort of official images that have leaked out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2005, 11:37 PM »
And check out these -

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/ep3_20050210/index.htm

I'm really liking the Anakin-Vader deluxe...

Glad you liked those images.   :P
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 12, 2005, 12:40 AM »
 :P - is kind of like my signature Dusty.   ;)

And yeah, I did like them alot!   :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2005, 01:12 AM »
:P - is kind of like my signature Dusty.   ;)

Nice!   ;D
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone here know that we have posted a lot more images of ROTS figures.  Hope everyone here enjoys them...

CLICK HERE
dustrho