Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61460 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #75 on: December 6, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Yeah, they both look good to me as well.  I really like the new look (helmet) of the Clonetrooper this time around too.  The figure looks pretty nice, and I won't mind the action feature at all as long as it doesn't lead to floppy arms.  I just have nightmares of "quick draw" action after the Jango Pilot figure, as well as the Pit of Carkoon Fett's action feature (which was a nice figure aside from that).  It does look as if it still might have good articulation though, which is nice.  Actually, looking at that pic closer, the legs of the figure at least look almost exactly like the SA Clone...the ankles and knees both appear to be articulated...at least I hope that is what I'm seeing. :)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2004, 02:13 PM by mosnab »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 6, 2004, 02:48 PM »
To me it looks like the same old Battle Droid figure we have had since the prequels began.  Sorry, I am just not that stoked to see the battle droids and Super battle droids again.  I guess I have enough of them from the previous films. 

The clonetrooper looks good IMO.  Not thrilled about the quick draw action but maybe it will be fine.  I will still get it of course!

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #77 on: December 6, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I'm going to curse alot in this post.

******* Quick-Draw Attack?? Give me a ******* break with these totally shitbag action features! As much as we can sit here and say "I guess I'll like it as long as the action feature isn't too bad", you just know its going to completely suck ass! That's the same **** I was saying when I saw pics for AOTC and the massive amount of crappy ******* action-feature laden figures we got that time around. I truly feel like I wasted alot of money buying much of that SAGA ****. Why would any ******* kid want a one-trick pony figure? Jeezus! All these douchebags had to do, was put a new ******* head on the SA Clone (one of the few things the jackasses have done right, aside from their distribution of it), and they even ****** that up. I'm so ******* pissed off right now!

I've been seeing all these happy meal toys being presented the past couple weeks, and thinking to myself "Well, at least we'll probably be getting a good, solid clone figure", and now I see this piece of garbage rearing its useless head. Great. Because Jango Pilot and Boba Fett P(iece)it Of C(rap)arkoon were such great figures, with their wobbly and completely un-*******-poseable arms, that I wanted all my Star Wars figures to be as forgettable. **** this. I think its going to be a cheap Midnight Madness this time around.

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 6, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Well, yeah you are right Lando.  But this is my warped reality.  I will see the Clonetrooper on the pegs and say to myself, "I don't like that damn action feature, but it's a CLONETROOPER.  I gotta have a CLONETROOPER!  If I don't get it I won't have it." 

That will gnaw and gnaw and gnaw on me for weeks.  Then I will break down and get it.  Open it and then get mad because the action feature will suck balls.  But I will still buy it because it's a CLONETROOPER!

You all know the drill.  It's a mental struggle that I usually end up losing. 

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #79 on: December 7, 2004, 01:14 PM »
Hey, Lando!  I've got an idea.  Maybe we can go to Midnight Madness together again.  I'll buy the Clone, and let you open it.  Then, you can see if the action feature is bad or not.

Did anyone notice waht looks like a grass and roots base/stand in the Battle Droid package?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Sounds like a plan, Mike!  8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2004, 10:28 AM »
GH has a Collection 2 cardback up.

I like how some of those look...except Padme...why the hell did they sculpt her with a bug catching mouth.  LAME

Also.  I like that we get neutral Shaak Ti and Agen Kolar and Kit I guess but I'm not real enthused with Prequel Jedi as figures I guess.  Especially the third go round...and especially since they never really do or say anything :-\

Looks like the Royal Guard has a cloth robe.  I wonder if there will be a Red variant as well...I hope so

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Well, I think they all look great -

Dooku - finally the ultimate version

Palpatine - just about perfect

Organa - better than the SAGA version

Plo Koon - nice, very nice

Battle Droid - great, but want to see 3-pks of them

C3PO - please have super articulation!

Padme - looks ok to me, can't see her face too well to think it looks bad

Agen Kolar - like his natural pose, looks awesome

Shaak Ti - so much better than the SAGA one - looks about perfect

Kit Fisto - looks nice, but his eyes look pretty big

Senate Guard - awesome to have a silk robe, hope they do this for the Royal Guard too

Mon Mothma - freaking cool, can probably use this body for a ROTJ version in a custom

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Why don't they scan the friggin' cardback at a large scale so we can see more detail on those figures? It's impossible to tell articulation on the new ones.

But assuming they all follow the examples of the protos we've seen, I think these should be great. Maybe some of those Jedi can be tweaked into better seated versions for the councel chairs. Agen and Shaak look great. Kit looks like a good apology figure. Plo, not so much. Red? Weird.

That's a very vintage looking Senate Guard. I think the variation is out unless the have a different headsculpt ready. That guy has the Trojan headdress thing happening.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Here's a large scan - http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/3727-rotschecklist.jpg

They all look great to me, except for Kit Fisto's eyes.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Is that POSSIBLE knee articulation I spot on 3PO?????

Alright, Padme looks fine, it was just Lipstick :-*

And I was sort of inferring the helmet swap thing I guess Jared, but I didn't say that out loud, but that's what I meant.  I'd love to see an exact duplicate in Red.  Which is weird they are redoing this and not the PT/OT Red Guard.  Unless the Blue guys have bigger roles this time around

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2004, 03:53 PM »
I agree, the Padme looks ok in the face in a larger pic.

I hope the C3PO has some extra articulation too - this would make up for the VOTC one being a let-down.

I can't tell on his knee joints, but the way the pic depicts him, it looks like he has some sort of ball jointed head...  :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2004, 03:57 PM »
He definitely looks different that most 3PO's and is posed in his classic leaned back look.  If he does have knee articulation, I'm wondering if they weren't able to get him done for the VOTC line in time and is why he was so crappy

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2004, 04:15 PM »
I like the fact the Jedi have more natural or neutral poses.  That was one thing about Saga that really irritated me.   At least that has been "fixed".  There are some definite figures I will be buying next year that's for sure.  Gotta like having a young Mon Mothma figure to choose from!  Seriously, it's nice to see some more pictures. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2004, 04:33 PM »
Why cab't they all be Collection 2s?  :-\
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -