Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61430 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Thanks for the link to the bigger pick Brian.  Yup, just going to try and be selective, save for the clone troopers.  I spent a long, long time telling myself not to army build with clones from Ep II and I did pretty well.  We never saw much of the preview wave, so we had mostly red clones around, not making much sense for an army.  Then I went to Cincinnati ::)  Found some three packs and the bottom fell out.  Some 30 or more clones later that battle is lost so I may as well give in full force.  I'll pay full price for the clones, especially if they end up as SP clones.  Vader on principle.  But from that pick, not much really interests me.  It's approaching the OT in character selection but I expect many will be found on clearance down the road.  I hope.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2004, 04:22 PM »
Why why why why why do they continue to screw up Mace Windu figures?  Man, that is just awful!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2004, 05:08 PM »
I thought the Mace was looking pretty decent in the side shots I was first looking at, but then I saw one of the pix of him straight on, and man do the tops of his arms (the inner/armpit area) look like ****!  Pretty disappointing, since I was thinking the rest of him looked to be the best Mace yet.   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2004, 05:17 PM »
Ugh at Mace. I'll continue using my Episode 1 Mace as the "Ultimate" Mace, thank you very much. :)

Obi looks pretty cool, at least better than I expected. I like that changeable hand!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2004, 07:51 PM »
Guess I'm in the minority here because I am very much looking forward to the Mace Windu figure.

It looks very well articulated, and I like the look on his face.  Also, it seems like we've never gotten a well done Mace before, and this looks to me to be the best all around one yet.

I'll probably get a couple extras for customs and one to replace the one in my Arena diorama.

I like it.  :o

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2004, 08:30 PM »
My problem with Mace is the arms.  Same with Kenobi.  They both look like big bubbles or something.  The arms look so deformed.  Also the paint looks too glossy or bright?  Knowing me though it won't be enough for me not to purchase them if I got the cash at the time.  However, there are other figures I'm looking forward to more.  It would be nice to get Mace with a cloak for once.  It's like the Episode 1 preview figure was the last time we got him with one. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Well, count me in for Mace.  It's the best we've gotten of him so far, sans the EP1 Sneak Peek version.  But they really need to do one of him in his robes (and Obi Wan as well.)  What's the hold up?

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2004, 09:04 PM »
Well, I am not a huge fan of him, but throw on some robes and he should be fine. Maybe, I unno, wait for the Collection II offering?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2004, 11:38 AM »
I'll be curious to see how quickly we will (if we do) get different versions of figures like Obi, Anakin, Chewie, Vader, and Palpatine.  I wonder if the Collection 1 versions will be the only ones available for quite some time, or if we'll see multiple versions of these early on.  It is hard to decide on these.  With the AOTC figures, the first versions of many of the main characters were quite craptastic, and we really didn't get decent versions of characters like Obi-Wan or Anakin until much later on...and even those could have been better.  This time, the action features are not "visible" and seem to be integrated rather well, so do you think you will go ahead and pick up the "Collection 1" versions if those are the only available, or hold out hope that there will be better versions later on?  It will be interesting to see how this line shapes up.

On a side note, I am really amazed (but happy) at how much we have seen so early on this time around.  I can remember seeing the first glimpses of the AOTC figures, in prototype form if I remember correctly, and them disappearing before too long.  We have been seeing a number of images the past few weeks, and now GH even has detailed previews of many of these figures, and it doesn't seem like any of it is being taken down off of the sites (again, not that I'm complaining at all).  It is funny that we are seeing so much so soon, and apparently Lucasfilm doesn't have a problem with it.  It has been great getting some glimpses early on like this though, and I hope that it continues in the coming months as well.  I wonder how the ROTS line/launch will compare to the AOTC line, and how it will all turn out.  Hopefully it will be something that everyone is happy with, at least to some extent.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 2, 2004, 10:52 AM »
Another update over at Galactic Hunter today, featuring our favorite little astromech.  It looks like R2's "action feature" involves a spring-loaded middle leg that operates his "claw" on the top of his dome.  Also, the booster rockets appear to be removable.  You can check out several pictures at the linky above.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #70 on: December 3, 2004, 01:32 AM »
I'm curious how GH is getting ahold of these figures already. They must have really good contacts in Asia.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 3, 2004, 04:36 PM »
There are some more picc of the preview figures from Hasbro today.  Along with Anakin's Jedifighter or whatever it's called.  I can't wait for the Wookie Warrior! 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 4, 2004, 12:17 PM »
GH has some nice pictures of General Grievous Oh boy!  8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 6, 2004, 01:18 PM »
A couple more pics from GH today, front carded ones of the Battle Droid - Separatist Army as well as the New Clone Trooper with, sigh, "QUICK DRAW ATTACK!"  Hopefully it will turn out to be a good, well articulated figure regardless of the action feature.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 6, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Well they both look very nice to me.  Sorry to see there is an action feature on the Clonetrooper, but it still looks great.

:P