Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61452 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2004, 09:17 PM »
These Col.2 figures do look outstanding. 

Don't Kit's eyes look too big though??

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2005, 12:35 AM »
And I breath a sigh of relief

Episode II Apology Figures as well as nifty new Ani and Obi

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3877-rotsaayla_02.jpg

Nice work Hasbro...seriously I'll be buying two of each as replacements for the **** your churned out 3 years ago and I scooped up like candy (fool me once)

As such, I may be passing on quite a bit of Collection 1 by the looks of it

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2005, 03:25 AM »
Sweet. I've been hoping for a decent Luminara Unduli.

Now if they updated Barriss Offee, all will be forgiven. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2005, 04:00 AM »
Some very nice, neutral, articulated looking figures there.  Probably going to render obsolete just about everything from the craptacular Saga line, which is a good thing.  I just hope they've got some articulated knees on the Council ones, and hopefully even a Jedi cloak somewhere in there too, to replace the atrocities sitting in the TRU Council 3-packs.  Hopefully there's some more background Jedi on the way as well...

Definitely looking great so far.  Sigh of relief, indeed.   8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2005, 08:54 AM »
I agree, from what we can see from that cardback, it looks like some great figures are on the way.  The Anakin and Obi (part two) pictured on there both look great, as do the rest of the Jedi and Tarfful.  I'm really looking forward to this line/movie, and so far it looks like we could have a pretty decent run of figures here.  Seeing this really makes me realize how craptastic much of the Saga line was, and I am now wishing I wouldn't have bought quite as much at the time.  I'm now tempted to wait and get those later versions of Anakin and Obi (instead of the initial, Collection 1 offerings), depending how they look on closer inspection.  I'll probably end up buying both though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Based on GH's nice cardback scans

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absoluteNm/articlefiles/3727-rotschecklist.jpg

Right now, I'll be passing on

#1 Obi-Wan
#2 Anakin
#3 Yoda
#4 Super Battle Droid
#5 Chewbacca
#7 R2-D2

I may pass on Vader and possible Grievous but I'd like a nice 4 armed version as well

I'm a small bit Miffed that the best version of Mace Windu they have done in 6 years is this new one and it is still Action Feature laden  :-X

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2005, 09:07 AM »
LOL!  I am laughing because I had the same reaction to seeing Kenobi and Anakin.  A gigantic sigh of relief for me as well.  I was sweating it after seeing the first Anakin, that pack-in Anakin, and that Deluxe Anakin with Vader armor.  I was getting worried.  The two previous Kenobi's did nothing for me either.  WHEW!!!!  

It will be great to have a neutral posed Luminara and Aayla.  Not to mention a few other Jedi.  I will most likely pass on Ki Adi Mundi and possibly Saesee Tiin.  I am still debating on Kit Fisto.  

Man Tarful looked cool as well.  But seeing the Kenobi and Anakin figures gets me that much more excited for these toys.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Trying to take a better look at that Aayla cardback, and I'm starting to think that Hasbro might really be stepping it up for the ROTS figures, particularly Collection 2.  Many of them look VOTC-like quality, the Aayla (which you can see a bit better in the close up) seems to have lots of articulation and a nice sculpt as well.  The other Jedi look to be what we've all been asking for, neutrally posed, nice sculpt and articulation.  The Tarfful looks pretty good to me as well.  I hope that they do live up to those expectations, and really go the extra mile this time around.  Could be a nice line of figures.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2005, 09:28 AM »
When I opened the Preview figures, Brian, I thought the exact same thing.  If this is what the majority of Episode III figures will be like, they are really stepping it up a notch :)

Again, my complaint to the whole thing would be why do this on half of the stuff and not the other.  Why wouldn't kids enjoy highly articulated, highly realistic figures over somewhat articulated somewhat compromised due to action features figures?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2005, 09:46 AM »
Yeah, you are right on with that Scott.  I never understand why they don't make all of their work up to their highest potential.  We have seen through the years (POTJ, a few in Saga, the VOTC, a few in the OTC), that Hasbro is capable of making great, amazing in some cases, Star Wars figures.  Why they don't want to do it all of the time is the mystery.  I guess if they are going to put out stinkers, as long as there are apology figures right around the bend it isn't quite as bad, but why not make the good ones in the first place?  I agree, I know when I was a kid I would have liked the nicely detailed, well articulated figures, no doubt.  Also...glad to hear that you enjoyed the Preview figures opened up.  I haven't had a chance to open any yet, but they do look nice in the packages.  I had to already go and pick up another Wookiee yesterday, and I may be getting more.  Be nice to have a wookiee army ;).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 27, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I am wondering the same thing?  I am sure kids would not mind articulated figures.    I guess they are just trying to cover all bases here.  They probably assume collectors will jump in and get the action feature versions as well.  I will hold out this time though. 

Hopefully we get a nice articulated Mace Windu.  I am not for that action feature one. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Now I'm ******* psyched for Episode 3 figures.

These are going to look so good in my collection. Its always been a sore point that I have all these figures standing normally, and then there's a half a shelf of action-posed partial statues. These will replace those nicely, and allow me to use the action posed figures in more a diorama setting.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2005, 11:02 AM »
I think I am going to spend amost $1000.00 on this stuff right off the bat... these figures are so damn  nice that I am going to have to replace all of my crap-ass EP1 and EP2 versions of the Jedi - meaning that I need to get at least 3-4 of each Jedi, and at least 10 of each army builder, and probably 25 of the Clones to start... holy hell.   :D

I have not been this excited about Star Wars figures EVER.

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2005, 01:54 PM »
What a relief to wake up, check a few websites, and discover that all is well in the SW universe. That's the best cardback I've seen in a long time. :)

All the Jedi look to be just about perfect, or at least great attempts to reach the level they should be at.

That Obi-Wan is what I really want. He's been treated horribly for the whole of the PT line. This one looks perfect. I'd even be ok with them doing a paint variant without the ash/soot marks on him.

Pegwarmer-Sense is tingling with Mon Mothma, though.

Also, I'm started to wish that Accessory Packs could make a comeback. First off, I could really use some decent cloaks for the Jedi since these don't seem to have them, and an assortment of Wookiee weapons and armor for this reason -- I have a feeling I'm going to army build like crazy with the wooks and they way they've built the preview figure, and apparently Tarfull, and assumably the 2nd generic warrior, you could make a massive army simply with variation of weapons and armor.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2005, 02:40 PM »
The Anakin / Obi Wan pic put me over the top, too.  I hope these are available 4/2 because they've become my most wanted.  Like Chewie said the thread over at RS, this is the best of the PT lines by far.  No contest.