Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2005  (Read 88663 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2005
« Reply #585 on: July 6, 2005, 01:00 AM »
Matt, I'm not trying to question authority (but I am anyway), but how the hell is a trade offer insulting? If you get insulted by a trade offer for a fantasy baseball player, then you need to do more with your spare time.

Kevin

Famine, you totally missed the point bud.  The ******* comment was not because of a laughable trade offer.  The comment was due to me rejecting the trade, posting it here and him telling me basically that I should accept it and give him my stars because I have zero chance of winning the league.  Tell me with a straight face all of that isn't insulting.  It's obvious that Dressel's scoring system is completely out of wack when a reliever like Turnbow has over 100 points and starting pitchers that are having solid seasons (9 wins or so) are at a 20 or 30 point total.  Dressel knew exactly what he was doing and it's obvious when you look at his staff and see a few SP/RP in his lineup that have over 100 points.  I had no clue that the system would be so incredibly lopsided toward RPs.  Otherwise, I would have commented on it.  Very sneaky Dressel, you got that one past all of us.  I hope it makes you feel cool leading a league where you set the scoring system and knew the loop-holes. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 6, 2005, 01:39 AM »
Obviously Dressel and Scott knew to grab the (SP, RP) players for a bunch of extra points, and it's gotten them sitting at first and second place.  But there's nothing really unfair about it.  I for one am playing fantasy baseball for the first time and I never would have thought of such a thing - but you can bet that next season those players will be a hot item.  In the meantime, I don't have any of those bonus (SP, RP) points and I'm expecting my team to make a run at second place over the next week or two.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 6, 2005, 06:29 AM »
  Very sneaky Dressel, you got that one past all of us.  I hope it makes you feel cool leading a league where you set the scoring system and knew the loop-holes. 

You know what HoloElvis?  You've never known when to shut your mouth.  Now is the time.  The scoring system is posted clearly on the first page of this thread, I asked if anyone wanted to make changes, then on page 2 YOU said "you were cool" with the scoring system.  It is clearly posted that saves were worth just a little less than wins.  CLEARLY.  You have a real history of wanting to change rules that you agree to before the draft, when you start losing.  Just like in fantasy football when you had some good starters on your bench and started lobbying to add a new roster spot.  And when Yahoo adjusted a score one time, you tried to give all your good players to a couple teams to destroy the league.  Why are you such a whining baby?

Holo - you have not a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about this scoring system.  And I already told you, it is Scott's scoring system, I actually made it a little better for this year.

And as far as the trades go, where I come from I tell you who I want to unload, and you make a counteroffer with who you want to unload.  Nobody said anything publicly in the thread when The Jaws did it in Fantasy Basketball.

So I'll tell you this then Holo, rather than open trade talks with you, I'll just kick your ass in this league.  How about that?  You've got a history of acting like a big baby anyway, and everyone knows it.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 6, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Okay, like Matt said - everyone cool it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 6, 2005, 12:51 PM »
I'll just kick your ass in this league.  How about that?

I'll be sailing on that ship too, in the coming weeks, when I play my team right. I also want to make it to slot 5, so that means taking out Morgbug too.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 6, 2005, 12:56 PM »
This is a moot point, because I'm going to kick all of your asses.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 6, 2005, 01:06 PM »

You will try. [/anakin]

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 6, 2005, 01:44 PM »

This is a showdown I've been looking forward to.  I don't think you'll be as lucky as you were in football having me finish in 3rd place.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 6, 2005, 01:59 PM »
  Very sneaky Dressel, you got that one past all of us.  I hope it makes you feel cool leading a league where you set the scoring system and knew the loop-holes. 

You know what HoloElvis?  You've never known when to shut your mouth.  Now is the time.  The scoring system is posted clearly on the first page of this thread, I asked if anyone wanted to make changes, then on page 2 YOU said "you were cool" with the scoring system.  It is clearly posted that saves were worth just a little less than wins.  CLEARLY.  You have a real history of wanting to change rules that you agree to before the draft, when you start losing.  Just like in fantasy football when you had some good starters on your bench and started lobbying to add a new roster spot.  And when Yahoo adjusted a score one time, you tried to give all your good players to a couple teams to destroy the league.  Why are you such a whining baby?

Holo - you have not a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about this scoring system.  And I already told you, it is Scott's scoring system, I actually made it a little better for this year.

And as far as the trades go, where I come from I tell you who I want to unload, and you make a counteroffer with who you want to unload.  Nobody said anything publicly in the thread when The Jaws did it in Fantasy Basketball.

So I'll tell you this then Holo, rather than open trade talks with you, I'll just kick your ass in this league.  How about that?  You've got a history of acting like a big baby anyway, and everyone knows it.

The funny thing Dressel, is if what I said was so untrue, it wouldn't have hit so close to home and fired you up so much.  Deep down, you know I'm right. 

I said from day 1 in Fantasy Football that we had far too many players and far too few starting spots.  I showed it to plenty of guys I know who do fantasy sports and they agreed.  It was pointless to have so many guys on each roster.  Each league I've ever been in uses a Flex position.  Why you were so against it is beyond me.

"Where I come from?"  What kind of crap is that?  You come from the land of Dressel where everything you say is right and you know everything about sports.  If you want to get talent (Pujols, Kent, etc.) you're gonna have to give up talent.  I saw no "Fire Sale" sign on my team page.  Thanks for insulting me though, that's something you seem to do best here and probably why so many people dislike you.

As for this scoring system, of course I saw it, but I had no clue that it was SO f-ing lopsided toward RPs.  I have never been in a league on any site that had RPs dominating in points.  That should never happen.  Clearly you aren't a fan of "playing fair" because you and Scott were the ones who set up the system and you both are leading the league.  You were the ones who knew the little loophole about SP/RP, none of us did.  Can anyone in this league, and anyone in his right mind, say that Derrick Turnbow has been 1/3 as valuable as Albert Pujols?  According to your scoring system, he is.  When a reliever with 17 saves has over 100 points and a starting pitcher with 7 or 8 wins has 15 points, something is VERY wrong with the scoring system.  It's just a shame that it took half a season for all of this to come to light.  So despite your claim that it was there in print for all to see Dressel, obviously only you and Scott knew how this thing truly worked and only you 2 have a real chance of winning.  And hey, that's totally fine.  I've learned the hard way that competing in fantasy leagues on this site is a waste of a team on Yahoo.  There's always some kind of BS that gets in the way of having fun.  Funny that the league I mentioned (the one I created) has not had one problem nor one complaint about the scoring system and it's all close friends and guys from a toy website, just like here.  Enjoy playing with yourself Dressel.  I'm done. 

Oh yeah, and as for trying to give all my good players away, a trade of Clinton Portis for Julius Jones was vetoed and deemed "unfair."  Look how those players turned out.   ::) 
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 02:53 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 6, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I'll just kick your ass in this league.  How about that?

I'll be sailing on that ship too, in the coming weeks, when I play my team right. I also want to make it to slot 5, so that means taking out Morgbug too.

Kevin

Just keep watching for whom I drop next.  If I keep making errors, you should pass me just fine.   :P  I still don't think dropping Beltre was the wrong thing to do, but we'll see. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 6, 2005, 03:05 PM »

This is a showdown I've been looking forward to.  I don't think you'll be as lucky as you were in football having me finish in 3rd place.

I won't be one bit suprised if I can't catch up to your team.  The (SP, RP) players aside, Baseball is your forte, football is mine.  You knew little about Football players coming into Fantasy Football, I knew very little about Baseball Players coming into this.  I just want to hopefully make it interesting.

And as everyone could tell, I knew almost NOTHING about Basketball heading into that fantasy draft...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 6, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Enjoy playing with yourself Dressel.  I'm done. 

Done, Team Elvis' roster is frozen.  It's a 7 team league.  I will not have you run amok in our baseball league like you did in our football league and ruin it.  And quite honestly, I'm sick of your mouth.  Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 04:09 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 6, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Oh yeah, well I know nothing about anything in professional sports :P

Still, I'm hanging in there in baseball.

I would have made the final in football had I not been on vacation in Hawaii with my family (though I would have lost that).

Read the sig for the basketball results.  

There's some skill involved in this stuff somewhere, but obviously it ain't all that important if a Canadian keeps finishing ahead of you buttheads :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 6, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Enjoy playing with yourself Dressel.  I'm done. 

Done, Team Elvis' roster is frozen.  It's a 7 team league.  Have a nice day.

Uh, that could be subject to a contextual argument.  I'm done could mean I'm done with the argument, not the league.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 6, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Sheesh guys, it's not like we're playing for money.    ::)