Author Topic: Do the Battle droids you get from the theed generator.....  (Read 3297 times)

Offline MR.ROBOTO

• Youngling
  • Mr.Roboto PWNS you!
    • View Profile
    • www.starwars.com
Do the Battle droids you get from the theed generator.....
« on: February 13, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Do the battle droids you get from the ''Theed hanger playset" have articulation just like a normal battle droid form the basic figures line?I have been offered a 20 Theed hanger battle droids for $30.Do they have articulation at the knees,shoulders,elbows etc.?
All hail, the king of the typos!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Do the Battle droids you get from the theed generator.....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:20 AM »
No... if memory serves me correct, the only point of articulation they have is at the head.   :-\

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:07 AM »
And if you count it, the torso where it breaks in half...  At least I think that's the same droid from the hangar.

The generator droid has shoulder and hip joints though, and maybe it's head is articulated too.  No knee/elbows though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 04:28 PM »
The Battle Droid that comes with the Generator Complex playset is, from what I can tell, the same Battle Droid that came in the foreign BD two packs with the regular action figures.  The figure has articulation at the hips, shoulders, neck (the lean-forward type that is typical of the regular carded Episode I BDs), and the typical ball-jointed head.  This version of the BD is missing a backpack (even though there is a hole for it), and his gun is actually part of his arm sculpt (think along the lines of the Clone Wars Clone Trooper three packs).

For completion's sake, the Battle Droid that came with the Hangar playset is articulated at the head only, has a backpack, and his gun is a separate piece, just like the regular carded BDs.  It also has the magnet in its waist for the break-apart action, but other than that, his upper torso and lower body/legs are two solid pieces.

All in all, I don't know if I'd give 30 bucks for 20 Battle Droids from the Generator Complex, given the lack of a backpack and relatively static pose.  At this point, I would think that finding loose TPM Battle Droids would actually be cheaper and give more variety.

Offline MR.ROBOTO

• Youngling
  • Mr.Roboto PWNS you!
    • View Profile
    • www.starwars.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Thank you so much!  :)
All hail, the king of the typos!