Author Topic: Enjoying the quiet?  (Read 6514 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Enjoying the quiet?
« on: February 16, 2005, 03:58 PM »
In terms of shopping, that is.  I know I am.  And it applies to Star Wars as well as everything else. 

I'm as caught up as can be right now.  Got the preview figures locally, got the clone wars animated stuff (thanks JuvyD and Mikey), caught up on post-OTC (again, thanks Mikey).  Even with other lines, I'm pretty much up to date thanks to local finds and trades (thanks Scott). 

So here I sit, not spending money and I have to tell you, it feels really weird.  I don't have any real urge to go to a store (halfway across the city for the other TRU - I don't think so).  The only thing coming available that over the next six weeks (leaks not included) is McFarlane NBA stuff and if I miss it, who cares?  Nope, nothing much at all.  I suppose ML9 could show up, but since I have a case on order, it's one of those things that don't bother me either. 

April will be a bitch though - depending on what comes out for star wars.  I'm still intent on passing on a lot of early figures to pick up loose for cheaper down the road.  If the clones end up coming at the same time, well then there will be some expenditure of cash for sure.  McFarlane is releasing NHL11 (Canadian exclusive with Jets Khabibulin) and Legends 2 hockey at that time.  I think it's May before NBA legends come out.  Otherwise just sitting peacefully. 

Ebay is my only real danger and even that I just look at.  If it's a good deal, I'll bid.  If not, oh well, no harm.  If only I had some restraint, I'd be so much better off. 

How about you?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying the quiet?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:13 PM »
Well I am satisfied where my collection is right now for the most part.  Except I still need to find a Wookie Warrior.  However, I am ready for April 2 to be here.  At the same time my wallet is not ready.  But yeah, bring it on.  It's time to get this show on the road.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Missing the red animated clonetrooper, the new Unleashed and the preview starfighter.  All caught up on Marvel Legends (much thanks Brent).

The quiet time is going to help with my display.  More time putting together, less time shopping.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Yes, relatively speaking.

I'm not completely caught up.   Still need those htf Animated Clone colored variants, and new unleashed (IG-88, Stormie, Aurra), but for the most part not too worried about it.

It's nice to feel no real sense of urgency or frustration in finding new or htf figs, at least until a week or two before the April 2 street date. :P

Until then, just going to enjoy the downtime, save up, and ready my plan of attack for the EP.III onslaught. :) :P

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 05:34 PM »
I found the Jedi Starfighter today, so there's nothing else on my list until the April 2nd stuff hits...

I need to save some serious cash for that... it's kinda an uneasy feeling with this down time before the next big figure craze for me.

I'm so used to going on toy runs, now I'm trying to avoid them so I don't just waste money on junk that I don't need... and desperately trying to stay away from ebay.

Star Wars collecting has become such a way of life for me, that I fear what will happen to me if the line dies out in a few years!!!   :-\

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 06:48 PM »
Ah yes, the calm before the storm.  It has been a bit of a relief to save myself the usual hunting time and money for the past month, as it will be for the next month and a half too...

I'm not completely caught up.   Still need those htf Animated Clone colored variants, and new unleashed (IG-88, Stormie, Aurra)...

Ditto.  Those are the lone holes in my collection, to date.  I've managed to gather a carded set of the colored Clones (only found 1 of the 3 myself though), but I still desperately need a set of openers.  Getting rather concerned about those actually.

Not at all worried about the new Unleashed though, as those are just barely starting to trickle out right now.

Could go for a second (cheap) Sandcrawler too.   :-\

Would be short that damned POTC Sandtrooper as well, if not for the good graces of Mr. Pearson (with a transportation assist from MN by Jared).   8)

But yes, the general quiet is providing a nice little break right now...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 09:49 PM »
Star Wars collecting has become such a way of life for me, that I fear what will happen to me if the line dies out in a few years!!!   :-\

See, that's never a problem for me. I bought almost all of the figures I want at this time. Down the road, it makes for a more exciting (and frustrating) hunt. The satisfaction of finding somthing harder to find makes collecting that much more fun.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I'm caught up too Famine, it's just gonna suck in a few years if there is very little coming out.  I love finding new stuff.   :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 11:31 AM »
I'm enjoying the quiet time a bit now too, although I can't say I'm not looking forward to April 2 (for the figures, not the money spent :P).  I'm pretty well caught up, aside from the aforementioned new Unleashed (just Stormtrooper and IG-88 for me), Anakin's Starfighter (haven't gone out looking this week), and possibly the colored Clone variants, just if I happen upon them at retail.  I suppose I can live without them otherwise.  So mainly, just 2 Unleashed and 1 ship for me until the April 2 date, or if stuff starts to slip out early.  I could use this time to fill in holes in the vintage collection, but I really need to save up money for the onslaught in April.  Otherwise, I'm caught up for the most part with what I was looking for in the Marvel Universe, until Legends 9 and the FF movie figures hit.  So it should be a calm time right now, which I am kind of enjoying....and I know our bank account is :).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 12:25 PM »
The "quiet" I'm experiencing is merely on new purchases. I'm still out in the stores every morning hoping to find the new wave of Unleashed.

Grabbed Anakin's Jedi Starfighter early in the week and I think it's awesome - best new one-man fighter vehicle they've released for the PT yet! So as far as the 3" line goes, I'm all caught up until April 2nd or until I stumble across an accidental product leak.

Since I also collect Transformers, I'm also always keeping my eyes out for new Alternators and the limbs for the Energon gestalts - but there too, I've had little success, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for is even out yet.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I can't believe with how little that has come out lately, my money situation hasn't improved...

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Yeah, really.  I'm still almost flat broke. Gotta stay away from the internet. It will lead to my downfall. :)

8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 06:23 PM »
With not much to shop for, I agree it's nice...  I only need multiple wookie warriors and a Jedi Fighter at this point, none of whcih I'm in any hurry to grab, so I'm content to put all my efforts into my life outside this hobby.

And that's more than enough to make my head spin as it is, so that urge to run to WM on any given evening not being there is a nice thing to be free of at the moment.  All the E3 figure pictures have my anticipation of this film and collecting in general into overload though.

I'm going ga-ga over those hi-res shots at GH.com, and can't wait to have an E3 late Clone Wars army going.  Hell, even the Collection 1 figures look good to me for once.  Incredible!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 08:41 PM »
Jesse, everyone at the various boards has always valued your opinion of the quality of figures - if you are thinking the Collection 1 figures are a treat as well, it's going to be a very fun year in collecting.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 08:50 PM »
The quiet just died for me. I snagged 3 wookie warriors and I CRAVE more.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...