Author Topic: PS2 GHOST RECON!  (Read 3430 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
PS2 GHOST RECON!
« on: March 11, 2003, 09:59 PM »
After playing Ghost Recon.... I must say, I'd love to see a Clone Wars adaptation of the game.  :D <hick> Whooo Boy! </hick>, I really do enjoy this game, specially on Multi-Player.

Lemme paint a good picture of what me and a buddy did...

We played a 1on1, both of us snipers in the nice ground-blanket camo (that shrub stuff that makes snipers almost invisible), well, we played w/o radar, so we didn't know where the other guy was....

We played a 20 minute game, and not a single shot was fired the entire duration. Wow, and you would think that'd be boring, but we loved it, it's as close to being a real sniper as you can get... laying there, minute after minute, waiting... Good game, I'd love to see a Clone Version, but it'd never happen w/ LucasArts in command.

Overall rating of Ghost Recon -> 8/10
-2 for the single player, it's just sorta annoying when you play a mission for 40 minutes, only for it to say "Mission Failure" for no particular reason. This is a great multi-game, though.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: PS2 GHOST RECON!
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2003, 12:13 AM »
My friend just bought this game tonight and we played it for a couple of hours.  I think it's a great game, and I wish there were a Star Wars version of it.  Being a sniper is definitely the best part of it.
dustrho

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 08:12 PM »
yah, this game rocks. I like in-depth, don't-just-sit-there-pusing-buttons gaming. also have been playing splinter cell (another clancy based game). it's all about stealth so if you actually have to use your pistol you're kind of either out of options or not really playing 'correctly'. it's lots of fun but very drawn out, slow paced gaming.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 03:00 AM »
So is this game worth buying then?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 11:35 PM »
Ghost Recon's cool, but I'd like a classic trilogy version of a Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six, Clancy-esque game before a prequal game.

But moreso I'd like a single-player Call of Duty Star Wars version set in the classic era.  I think the gameplay's faster-paced in line with the Dark Forces series, but the team aspect of it's fun.  It's definitely not as complex as Ghost Recon, but fun.

I've played some good tactical action or FPS games lately...  SOCOM, Conflict Desert Storm I & II, etc...  Ghost Recon's in there for tactical effects.  I imagine a REbel Commando or Infiltrator team using one of those game engines.  SWEEET.

Mission taking an AT-AT over or something...  Super SWEEEEEET.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 06:15 PM »
 ;DSweetness, I will have to guy buy this game soon then.