Author Topic: What does your JD forum member name mean?  (Read 26392 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: What does your JD forum member name mean?
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Anyone ever seen Superman II?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Do I even need to explain??? :D
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2005, 08:14 PM »

I assume she is your favorite GI Joe character but I was wondering why?  Did you watch the cartoons when growing up or did you just play with the figures and such?  I liked Cover Girl myself  :).

Beth
Beth

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2005, 09:23 PM »
It's actually really simple although most people read it in a different manner than I intended (but I can see that side too).

There are three stages of Jedi: the Padawan, the Knight, and the Master.  I was finishing up the first stage of my training to be a Doctor at the time I first used the DP screenname on a movie forum, so I just went with DoctorPadawan.

If you want to be literal, I should actually be DoctorKnight right now, since I completed stage two.  I'm still not a doctor (and probably won't be for a while, thanks to student loans) though, and I think DoctorPadawan sounds much better than DoctorKnight, which sounds kind of generic and too close to a theoretical denizen of a Hasselhoff fan forum.  :D

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2005, 09:28 PM »
OK, back in oh, about 1994ish I tied to log onto a SW site as bobafett whcih was taken, after a few combos were all rejected (taken) I figured I'd use "bobafett" and the number I wore while playing ball in high school and college "14".

bobafett14  ........brilliant!
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2005, 09:32 PM »

I assume she is your favorite GI Joe character but I was wondering why?  Did you watch the cartoons when growing up or did you just play with the figures and such?  I liked Cover Girl myself  :).

Beth

All the above!!!!
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Basically me mishearing the name "Jango Fett" in the Ep. 2 trailer.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Baically my favorite ewok and 76 is my year of birth. Should be 2976, instead of 2776, but i havent changed it yet. Damn it sucks to get old.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Well, my JD Forum Name was originally the name of my favorite Gundam Mobile Suit design - Gundam Nataku. 

I figured with Gundam so closely related to SW, it was a good fit, so I started using the name when I registered with the TradeFederation and it stuck... until now.

I've decided that in honor of Celebration 3, I am going to slowly phase out my "Nataku" moniker and just go by my "regular" name, Jeff.

I figure, most of you guys know my name is Jeff anyway, so why not just step all the way out from behind the curtain and finally join the "Guys Who Use Their 'Real' Name" club?   ;)

Look for "Nataku" to be phased out this week as "Jeff" is phased in. :)

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2005, 11:32 AM »
I've been thinking of doing the same thing for awhile Jeff, but didn't want to make the change right after the mighty OCB/Scott did, as to look like some sort of copycat.  I think its a great idea, and kudos to you for joining the "out from behind the curtain" club ;).

Offline Imperial Outpost

• Youngling
  • I'm not a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2005, 12:11 PM »
It's my website name. I needed a reason for it all being grey, so I figured I'd go for an Imperial theme. Would have loved to have got hold of the Endor Imperial Outpost model when it was up for sale last year, but too expensive... :(

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2005, 02:19 PM »
My name is Commander Cody named after the commander in Episode 3 and other EU called Cody.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I figure, most of you guys know my name is Jeff anyway, so why not just step all the way out from behind the curtain and finally join the "Guys Who Use Their 'Real' Name" club?   ;)

Eh, we all go by our real names around here most of the time anyway, so changing your forum nic won't make all that much of a difference to me really, Natacos.  :-*

But if you must, you must.

I mostly associate "Jeff" as a certain somebody's chatroom alter-ego though...  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Eh, we all go by our real names around here most of the time anyway, so changing your forum nic won't make all that much of a difference to me really, Natacos.  :-*

But if you must, you must.

Yeah, I need a change I guess...

OK, you got me.   :-[

Really, it's so when I hand out my JD Business Cards to the Hooters waitresses they won't have to wonder what the hell a "Nataku" is.  It's bad enough having a business card from a nerdy SW internet site, let alone having a business card from a nerdy SW internet site with a nerdy internet name on it.   :P  ;)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 02:29 PM by Jeff (Nataku) »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2005, 03:14 PM »
A little tidbit about my name, Anton -

Invariably, when I hang out with a new group pf people, I get a nickname. Don't know why, might be because I'm a likable guy. ::). Anyway, my good friend George dubed me Anton because he was to lazy to say Anthony all the time, and I wouldn't accept Tony, so it stuck.

What were some other nicknames you ask? Ant, Squire, Tone (when I was going by Tony,) Swordy (becasue my last name is Sword), and Rusty (again, because of the Sword thing.)

Further trivia, I was strongly leaning toward going by the screen name Blix in honor of the character from Legend.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."