Author Topic: What does your JD forum member name mean?  (Read 26587 times)

Offline hansloroll

• Youngling
  • attempting to complete my vintage collection
    • View Profile
Re: What does your JD forum member name mean?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 11:40 PM »
the name is from a story that I wrote.Working with some friends on animating it.Too expensive for live action.Thats all plain and simple.Any oither inferences are most likely accurate in their assumptions.The name speaks for itself.I like jedi so that explains the avatar.Wish I could figure out how to use my photoshop.
attempting to complete my vintage collection .Available for sculpting and painting.cantina monsters and droids a favorite project.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2003, 09:47 AM »
#1 1998 just so happened to be the year I got married, most of my friends were unmarried at the time and to them I became...Old

#2 After a very successful Fantasy Football season in 1998 (I think I went 15-2 and set many scoring records), my league mates thought I was way too cocky.  Hey, drafting Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham and Fred Taylor deserves some degree of cockiness...Cocky

There is a rapper of the Wu-Tang Clan that goes by the name of Ol' Dirty Bastard...who goes by the initials ODB and whose popularity peaked in 1998 as well.

Somewhere in late 1998, my friends put the three above together and started calling me OCB...the name has been with me ever since.  It is also is a fine buffet house as well, the Old Country Buffet, of which I have no affiliation  ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2003, 04:24 PM »
Mikey is a variation of Michael and the D stands for Davidson, my last name.  Very simple and to the point.  I was known as davidson over at SSG and the early stages of BHC.  When the option of the name change came, I've decided to change but keep it similar.  I'm known as Mikey D over at RS, GH, here and everywhere else I've registered.  If you see the name, it's most likely me.

The avatar is the number of my favorite Nascar driver, Robby Gordon, driver of the Chevy Monte Carlo Cingular Wireless car.  Now that football season is over and I no longer want to display the Pats logo and Nascar is the predominant sport I'll watch until football season begins, the change has been made.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: April 7, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Bumpin for FX-7

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: April 7, 2003, 09:24 PM »
dustrho...

dust = dusty (a nickname I have with some friends of mine)
rho = rhoads (1st three letters in my last name)

"dustrho" was my old Windows NT login name when I used to work at CDW back in 1998.  It just stuck as a better nickname than "Dusty" so that's my username for just about everything.
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 7, 2003, 11:06 PM »
Depeche Mode.

It's also my old gamer name I have used for the past 6 years... It has just been retired I am afraid though in the past couple weeks... to Jawa Chief, for my star wars Day Of Defeat clan!
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: April 8, 2003, 12:42 AM »
Well, 'Thomas' is my first name and 'Grey' is my middle name and I seem to be the only one who hasn't been given his true forum name back! I am totally normal! I am going to have to start rolling some heads around here!!! I get no respect at all!

My chosen and former forum name is 'Rorworr and if you refer to this thread, you can find out why (just cut and paste)...

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=934;start=0;boardseen=1

The other reason why is that I had an uncanny resemblance to the elusive Sasquatch (and wookiees too I guess: see head-shot photo, circa 1992) and they in my mind are all about Wookiees.

I hope no one will think any less of me, and my identity is finally revealed! Enjoy JD.com crew!

« Last Edit: April 8, 2003, 01:18 AM by Thomas Grey »
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 8, 2003, 01:19 AM »
FishEyedLouie, no it's not One Eyed Willie from the Goonies as someone once said...not to mention names *caugh* JediMac *caugh*

I used to play dominoes - often, and it is the slang word used when you get "5" points.

"Tension in the compound" = 10
"Three piece suit" =15

And boys and girls when you get twenty points you can slam the dominoe on the table and look fondly at your compadres across the table and yell...

"I'm going to go down to the Men's Warehouse and get a three piece suit and some shoes!"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: April 8, 2003, 01:43 AM »
...my identity is finally revealed! Enjoy JD.com crew!

Oh believe me, I am!   :P   ;)  Now you just need to go post those pictures in the Pics to Names! thread Thomas, for permanent reference!

Guess that leaves just one more of us...  whaddaya say boss?!?   ;D

From FishEyedLouie:
no it's not One Eyed Willie from the Goonies as someone once said...not to mention names *cough* JediMAC *cough*

Actually, that wasn't me Matthew...  It was my wife who said that!  But now we both use that name for you, I'll admit...   :D
« Last Edit: April 8, 2003, 02:32 AM by JediMAC »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 8, 2003, 12:10 PM »
From FishEyedLouie:
no it's not One Eyed Willie from the Goonies as someone once said...not to mention names *cough* JediMAC *cough*

Actually, that wasn't me Matthew...  It was my wife who said that!  But now we both use that name for you, I'll admit...   :D

Matt, funny...I must have overlooked the meaning behind JEDIMAC!  Oh, it's not here, please share the deep intelictual meaning behind the name.  

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #25 on: April 8, 2003, 12:12 PM »
Tom... you're not gonna believe me... but I think I see a Llama in that blurry pic of you!!!!

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 8, 2003, 12:37 PM »
Do I even want to ask Brad?..

JediMAC, glad you enjoyed the photos. I have since lost the locks, but the attitude remains. I always aim to please and that being ('gasp') 11 years ago; is very hard to grasp. It seems like 12...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2003, 01:37 PM »
Matt, funny... I must have overlooked the meaning behind JediMAC!  Oh, it's not here, please share the deep intellectual meaning behind the name.

Oh, but it is Matthew...   ;)  Do note this topic is TWO pages long.  Scroll back to the first page, and you'll see who actually started this topic, and you might also see something to this effect:

What's the meaning of your forum member name here?  ...As for me, mine's not too terribly creative.  JediMAC = Jedi (duh) + my initials...

:D   :P

From Thomas Grey:
JediMAC, glad you enjoyed the photos. I have since lost the locks, but the attitude remains.

I did... immensely!  I also loved your self-titled album with the hits "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love".  You were so lucky to have Tawny Kitaen hanging out with you and the band back then...  She was smokin' HOT!  I'm deeply saddened to hear that you lost the locks though.  Did you cut them off when the band broke up?  You guys are long overdue for a reunion tour IMO though...   8)

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #28 on: April 8, 2003, 06:56 PM »
Tom... you're not gonna believe me... but I think I see a Llama in that blurry pic of you!!!!

You and the damn Llamas!  LOL!!!!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #29 on: April 8, 2003, 06:58 PM »
Thomas... what can I possibly say about those pictures you showed us.  The first one looks like a picture taken while doing a fraternity prank.  The second picture looks like you just got off your Harley, and you're heading into the local tavern.  The third picture looks like a mugshot.

Obviously, I'm just kidding around, but can you explain where the third picture came from?  It does look like some sort of a mug shot.

8)
dustrho