Author Topic: Toy Fair exclusive Press Kit with figures  (Read 18626 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Toy Fair exclusive Press Kit with figures
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 11:15 PM »
jokabofe, can you confirm that the anakin and vader figs included in the press kit are identical to the regular wave 1 ROTS releases? i don't mean to doubt you nicklab, bit i figured jokabofe would be able to definitively confirm.

No offense taken.  You can read Jokabofe's article on the subject or you can read mine.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Since it's an actual Press Kit and not just a figure, I would have to say they most likely will not be selling any extras. Although I guess you could always keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Besides, if SWS.com got a bunch of extras and tried to sell them via their site, it would be a disaster.

You're probably right - the Toy Fair Vader turned into a nightmare for all except for those who ordered first thing when it went up on the WOTC Fan Club store.

Since the figures aren't unique, it's really not that big of a deal. In the Star Trek collector community - there is a similar piece that was put out the same year that Star Trek: First Contact came out in theaters - it was a Borg figure mounted to a tri-fold piece of cardboard - it's purpose was to hype the fact that (a) the Borg were coming to the big screen and (b) Playmates was making toys for it. It is probably one of maybe a handfull other Playmates Trek pieces that still have any considerable value.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 11:23 PM »
thanks nicklab, i was a little worried being a loose completist. i didn't see this info on any of the other sites main pages. i need to check the jawa more often.  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 11:34 PM »
thanks nicklab, i was a little worried being a loose completist. i didn't see this info on any of the other sites main pages. i need to check the jawa more often.  ;D

No sweat!  I hang over here sometimes and I'm happy to pass along what info I can.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 03:48 AM »
Two of the Press Kits have hit eBay.  Apparently folks are under the impression that this is the same type of thing as the Gold Holiday Sandtrooper from GG.  $2,000 apiece.

Welcome to insanity.

Sometimes this hobby makes me sick.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 04:28 AM »
******* got 4 of them!  >:(

Items for Sale by protoprimex

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Only 2 actually.  He's got them listed as "Featured Auctions", so they're showing up twice, as both featured, and regular.

Still a ****** though, of course.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 05:00 AM »
Oopsy, my bad.  :-[

Yep, still a ******, a double ******!  >:(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Two of the Press Kits have hit eBay.  Apparently folks are under the impression that this is the same type of thing as the Gold Holiday Sandtrooper from GG.  $2,000 apiece.

Welcome to insanity.

Sometimes this hobby makes me sick.

Well my take on it is this.  It's a nice piece, but to bad so sad.  That thing is not worth $2000.  LOL!  Basically you are paying for the cardboard and the spinning feature.  I can certainly live without this thing in my collection.  I may even end up skipping that Anakin figure in the regular line. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 01:58 AM »
That $2,000 nutjob aside, it looks like we've got our first real indicator as to what the market value's gonna be on the Press Kit, as there's another one up on eBay now, sitting at $600 with 13 bids and 6 days remaining.  Hell, at that pace, $2,000 isn't too far a stretch...   :-\

Nice Vader pix Dave.  I agree, that suddenly looks a lot better than the rest of the Vader shots I've seen.  Very nice.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 02:10 AM »
That $2,000 nutjob aside, it looks like we've got our first real indicator as to what the market value's gonna be on the Press Kit, as there's another one up on eBay now, sitting at $600 with 13 bids and 6 days remaining.  Hell, at that pace, $2,000 isn't too far a stretch...   :-\

How's this for blackmail:

This item will NOT be relisted if not sold.

Create a little bit of panic, and people will bid. 

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 02:55 AM »
Why didn't Hasbro just print "Special Commemorative Journalists Way to Pay for Thier Trip to New York Edition" on the box?  ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Toy Fair exclusive Press Kit with figures
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 03:48 AM »
I laughed out loud at the $15 shipping actually.  That to me was the funny part.  Gouging shipping on top of things and all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 08:35 AM »
$600. Holy! You got the gouging on shipping right Jesse, they want $40.00 to ship to Canada! Better hire another hooker with a silver plate to deliver it!  ::)

I'll guess it will go for over $1000.  :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 09:19 AM »
Now see, what I don't get is...we'll, my take is this:

If I get this press kit, and it's the SAME figure coming out in like, a month, sure that sucker is headed for ebay, but I'd put a BIN or somthing too, to make it fair. I mean, folks, it's the same figure that you can get in a month or two in a new sodding box. The end. Yeah, for completists it sucks...but...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...