Author Topic: Sideshow Premium Format Figures  (Read 122598 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow's 1/4 Statues
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2005, 02:46 AM »
Just reading on Sideshows Collectibles site that both versions of the Princess Leia Premium Format Figure are now sold out!

Both versions of the Princess Leia Premium Format Figure are now sold out! Did you miss out on reserving your Star Wars  princess? If so, we highly recommend getting on the wait list  for this piece asap! Due to cancellations and declines that occur at the time of processing, those who have signed up first have the best chance of receiving good news!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Wow, that was fast.  Amazing things happen when you don't use a monkey as a reference piece. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2005, 12:10 AM »
From Sideshow:

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about the Darth Vader Exclusive Premium Format Figure (#71171). This figure is on its way to our warehouse and should be shipping in January of 2006. Please expect to be receiving your processing notification e-mail for this item shortly, unless you have recently canceled the item.

More smoke on the credit card.  Here's hoping it's late January and Ben arrives sometime in the fall.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 24, 2005, 02:48 AM »
I got the same e-mail.  Damn, I can't wait for this!

It also says:

We apologize to those collectors who may have intended this item as a gift for the holidays. We have created an ‘Urgent Transmission’ Vader graphic, which collectors can print and give to their intended gift recipient, informing them that Vader is on the way!

Please follow the link provided below and print out your Holiday Graphic:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=122005vader

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2005, 04:55 PM »
Why is the "nose" painted silver?! >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Ugh, these are really picking up speed now. Han just shipped and should be in-hand on Thursday. With Vader a month a way my funds are going to be tight.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2005, 03:17 PM »
Why is the "nose" painted silver?! >:(

Sideshow caught that error and painted it black, as show in the pic above and mentioned in their blog.

Ugh, these are really picking up speed now. Han just shipped and should be in-hand on Thursday. With Vader a month a way my funds are going to be tight.

And I think that Grievous is expected to ship in March or so.   :o
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 03:21 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Ben is a first quarter as well, though I'm hoping he drifts back to May or June.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Ben is a first quarter as well, though I'm hoping he drifts back to May or June.

Hell, no, he needs to ship the same day as Vader to set up the kick ass display of those two battling.

Sheesh.  ::)  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Noooo, he needs to ship after we take possession of the new house, not before. 

SilverZ

« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2005, 04:24 PM »
I'd forgotten about Grievous, and actually I thought I'd passed on him - but according to my preorders at Sideshow I have the exclusive one on order. Ugh, I say, ugh.

Where are you guys planning to display all of these? I don't have room for even 1 at the moment. I can't imagine what's going to happen when this suddenly surges to a half dozen.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2005, 04:58 PM »

Where are you guys planning to display all of these?

I have a spot in my display room reserved for Vader and Obi-Wan, it's exactly 24" tall and 30" wide.  But I'm not sure about Grievous - I'd like him to go above the TV on a shelf, but my wife just bought some art to go there, so I'm probably SOL for that plan.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Beauty * of building a new house, I get to build a new room for them and their friends. 

I think I'll be offloading my GG Vader statue though so I can have a little more space.  I like the Vader from GG a lot, but I can't justify that and the Vader/Ben from Sideshow, so something must go. 

*with respect to beauty I am speaking only of the eventual finished product, not the dealings with either the various contractors, original sales agent (ptui) or any of the other issues.  I am utterly and completely convinced that the vast majority of people, regardless of profession, are simply there to collect a paycheck and any semblance of responsibility, professionalism or pride in workmanship is dead, dead, ******* dead. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2005, 06:09 PM »

Beauty * of building a new house,

*with respect to beauty I am speaking only of the eventual finished product, not the dealings with either the various contractors, original sales agent (ptui) or any of the other issues.  I am utterly and completely convinced that the vast majority of people, regardless of profession, are simply there to collect a paycheck and any semblance of responsibility, professionalism or pride in workmanship is dead, dead, ******* dead. 

This is the kind of thing that scares me in our consideration of building a new house.  And "Holmes on Homes".  ;)

I think I'll be offloading my GG Vader statue though so I can have a little more space. I like the Vader from GG a lot, but I can't justify that and the Vader/Ben from Sideshow, so something must go.

Ouch, that's a tough decision to make, but I'm hoping the Sideshow Vader will be so amazing that you won't even remember your GG one.  (Maybe my expectations are a little too high? )

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Just wondering is anyone thinks Sideshow will do a Jedi Luke version?  I've been contemplating snagging the farmboy version off ebay, since it's ending in the $130-150 range these days.  It's nice enough, but I wouldn't want to regret it over a Jedi version down the road.