Author Topic: Sideshow Premium Format Figures  (Read 122010 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 1/4 Statues?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Ahem, sorry Sharon :-[  Works better as a gender specific insult though when intended that way, besides, Jesse deserved it.  You are of course welcome to it as are all the other female collectors. 

Funny side story - did my usual run today in checking for ROTS stuff.  At one store were two young girls, maybe in the range of 8-10 or so.  I just took a peak and could tell right away nothing new was in the aisle.  But so could one of the girls there :o  I wandered around the end of the aisle to check the Lego but couldn't help myself by listening to their conversation.  This young lady was impressive.  She knew what was new, what was old and was distressed to see VOTC Lando hanging there, meaning she knew she had missed Boba and the Stormtrooper from the ESB wave.  She was quite miffed and it was very cute and super cool at the same time.  Her conversation with her friend would have been right at home on the boards.  That's the future :)

Didn't order Luke, too much already laid out for Vader, between Sideshow and Gentle Giant.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Any word on when the "regular" will hit the market and become available for order?

I'm hoping to save some $$ by skipping the ultra rare mouse droid version! :D

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2005, 06:08 PM »
 Good to hear the good hobbies & toys aren't just for the guys any more! ;D

My thoughts on these SS pieces is they will look great on display with  a few MR props & GG statues & busts.  Hope I can find some acrylic display cases big enough to cover them.

SilverZ

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2005, 07:51 PM »
What the hell was this all about?

Your Last Chance At Luke
Philip: Sideshow has a last chance at their amazing Luke Skywalker statue due to a few credit declines and cancellations. Don't miss it again.

So, I rush over there, thinking they've started to ship, since it sounds like they are charging credit cards. They haven't. So his whole "credit declines" thing was bull****. Why make **** up when you're posting "news"? All he had to do was say additional units were available to order, and that would have gotten his point across without misleading anyone.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 07:53 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Would it be too obvious to suggest he gets some coin for each click through and even more coin for each sale that click through generates?  Or am I too cynical?

SilverZ

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2005, 08:40 PM »
sideshow.directtrack.com/z/10140/pwise/&l=16566

Gee. Wiz.

Your Last Chance At Luke
Philip: Sideshow has I have a last chance at to make money off you buying their amazing Luke Skywalker statue due to a few credit declines and cancellations. Don't mi$$ it again. Get a life.

I've edited the news for him. Much better.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 08:45 PM by Tydirium »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Would it be too obvious to suggest he gets some coin for each click through and even more coin for each sale that click through generates?

Far too obvious, yes.

I think Jared was just wondering if those reasons he gave were technically legit, or not.  Phil's probably just trying to panic folks into thinking there's only a small handful left, so they better hurry and buy them through their link immediately.

It's akin to the radio or TV ads where they say "The first 10 callers get the free radio too!"  It's B.S.  Either everyone's getting a free radio, or nobody's getting a free radio.  Just trying to plant a sense of extreme urgency in you to make you buy something without taking any time to actually think about it at all.

Not that the Lukes won't sell out, 'cause I'm sure they probably will.  There's probably just not 5 or 10 leftover right now is all - likely much more than that.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2005, 09:44 PM »
I thought that post was a bit on the tacky side. SideShow hasn't started shipping Luke yet, they don't charge cards until items ship. 
There were only a few available, and it was a newsletter second chance offer.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 01:41 AM »
So is anyone ordering the Sideshow Exclusive General Grievous Figure for $450.00 US?

This thing is ******* huge! I stopped in my tracks at C3.  :o

Product Type: Premium Format Figure
Product Size: 25" H (635mm) x 18" W (457mm) x 18" W (457mm) with Lightsabers*
Est. Box Size: 25" H (610mm) x 20" W (508mm) x 20" W (508mm) with Lightsabers*
Product Weight: 15.00 lbs (6.48 Kg) *

Est. to ship 1st Qtr 2006.

Just placed my order, damn thing thing is going to be cool!  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2005, 01:56 AM »
I'd agree, this was one of the most memorable pieces I saw at C3.  Incredible!

Just thought I'd mention:  "SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE EDITION
Exclusively available from Sideshow Collectibles, this exclusive version of the General Grievous figure includes an expertly tailored fabric cape with clasp."

Wow - $560CDN.  Even at that price, I had to order!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2005, 02:00 AM »
Well done Jesse, shakes hands across the border. Were going to be very happy with this statue.  ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2005, 01:34 PM »
How many of you have / plan to order the Premium Format Vader?

I'm on the fence with it simply because I already have the Cinemacast, GG, and Koto versions...how many f'n Vaders does one man need??

For those who have seen it in person - did it knock your socks off?

Is Greivous the choice when considering buying one or the other?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2005, 01:48 PM »
I pre-ordered the Vader :-[  But a valid question, how many Vaders is too many? 

I have the GG coming next month.  I'll be getting the next GG mini-bust as well.  I have a 12" electronic version (my RAH, weak though it may be) and then this monstrosity.  Since I've not seen the GG up close, I'll wait until I can do a comparison of the two. 

Grievous has never entered my mind as a purchase.  I'm probably one of the few that really doesn't have much love for the character.  I honestly felt it was ridiculous in the clone wars series.  He didn't do much for me in the previews (awesome animation aside) and even the spectacular at C3 I was bored with him.  I'm happy the majority seem to like him, but $500+ Canadian on a character that does nothing for me (the next Darth Maul?)?  No thanks.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Actually, to some degree, I have to agree with you Brent.  At first, I thought Grievous was quite, well, lame.  But he's really grown on me lately, and seeing that statue on display at C3 really opened my eyes.  At this point, I've got to have it, so since it's only a preorder at this point, I just want to be sure my name is on the list.  I can always change my mind later.

As for Vader, I don't have the Koto, CinemaCast, Gentle Giant, or Medicom versions (some still preorders, obviously).  I think the sheer size is what blew me away about the Sideshow Vader, even though I like the GG pose just a bit more.

Overall, for absolute  :o power, I'd have to say the General Grievous is the better of the two.  But Vader always has power over me.   ;)  And so, I've got both pre-ordered.

If these companies keep it up, I'm going to change my focus from Hasbro to these statues full time.  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 02:52 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I was very impressed. Ordered the exclusive Greivous yesterday.

What's nice is the fact that it will not be available until early next year.

This stuff brings me much more for my money than Hasbro product does. (no offense my toy collecting brothers & sisters) It's about display value nowadays for me.