Author Topic: Holy Crap, Hasbro, thanks! *UPDATE*  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Holy Crap, Hasbro, thanks! *UPDATE*
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Hasbro,

I recently purchased a Han solo figure from your SAGA line, but his quick draw feature does not work. Also, on one of your Jango Fett figures from the SAGA line, the rocket broke coming out of his jet pack.

I am displeased that a figure designed for children would break so easly.

Can somthing be done for me?

Kevin E. Curdgel

Says me.

Their reply?:

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a problem with your product and can fully appreciate the disappointment caused. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our products are of the highest quality and we are concerned to learn that this product was unsatisfactory.

Unfortunately, this particular item has now been discontinued and we are unable to supply you with either parts, or product.

We will of course, be pleased to arrange an exchange for you for an alternative product of similar value. Under separate cover we will send you a postage paid mailing label to cover the cost of returning the product to us.

If there is a particular item that you feel would make a suitable replacement please let us know by enclosing a note with your return. Be certain to include your full name and mailing address and the age and gender of the child the item was purchased for. Our products include Hasbro, Playskool, Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers.

Kevin, we appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come.

So they want me to tell them what toy I want? This works.

Have they done this before?

Kevin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 03:53 PM by Famine »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Crap, Hasbro, thanks!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 04:56 PM »
This ain't the Hasbro customer service I know! I emailed them once for a missing accessory on a discontinued figure. They told me to return it to the store.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Tell them you would be happy for a "two toy for two toy" switch...

You send them the broken Han and Fett, and just request they send you the Ani-Darth Press Kit!!  ;D ;D ;D
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Isn't this how the guy from Canada got the early ROTS Clone?

Good to see they are making some sort of effort these days.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:02 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 12:05 AM »
Don't they stop to think that maybe the toy wasn't for a child??

Now, if anyone has any extra arms for Han or Padme- let me know- mine are missing...

You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Crap, Hasbro, thanks! *UPDATE*
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 03:59 PM »
Ok, so I get a letter in the mail today from Hasbro, basicly saying "Sorry, we ****** up." But the catch of it was they are only going to send me a replacment for Kamino Escape Jango Fett, and not the Han Solo figure. Wonderous*. So now I need to email them seperatley about Han.

Whee customer service rox.

They did send me free postage. That's a plus. They pretty much owe it to me to replace both figures. :-\

Kevin

EDIT:

*It has come to my attention that the word Wonderous, does in fact, belong to Vator. From now on, anyone wishing to use the word Wonderous must obtain Vators permission. Thank You.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 06:21 PM by Famine »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 06:23 PM »
EDIT:

*It has come to my attention that the word Wonderous, does in fact, belong to Vator. From now on, anyone wishing to use the word Wonderous must obtain Vators permission. Thank You.

Hahahahaha, reach for the stars kid, reach for the stars... :P

Yeah, but that sucks about the Hasbro figs, didn't they buy back a bunch of those original April 23rd figures? I wonder if you'll get a real replacement?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 06:41 PM »
EDIT:

Hahahahaha, reach for the stars kid, reach for the stars... :P

Yeah, but that sucks about the Hasbro figs, didn't they buy back a bunch of those original April 23rd figures? I wonder if you'll get a real replacement?

Kid? I'm 18 for crying out loud.

Kevin