Author Topic: "Midnight Madness" Have You Gone/Will You Go?  (Read 10026 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: "Midnight Madness" Have You Gone/Will You Go?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 07:05 PM »
I went to the past 2.  Both were fun, it helps when you have friends with you.  You can divide the store and meet up later, I covered a lot of ground for TPM this way.  But as previously posted, go for the experience really.  If you want your beauty sleep wait till the morning.  There will be plenty.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 10:31 PM »
I hadn't realized until the other dat that April 2 is a Saturday.  That means that MM will happen on a Friday night.  This is nice for those who have to get up early for work, but I'm worreied that it will bring out the "amatuers."

On the other hand, it might bring out some more kids.

LandotheScoundrel and I went in 2005, and we had a very good time.  I'm hoping we can do the same this year.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2005, 12:18 AM »
That's good it's on a Saturday. I can get off work, go home and shower, and get out to Wal-Mart in time for the rollout. Then hit the bars afterwards to bask in the glow of groovy new toys.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2005, 12:29 PM »
I was hoping on Saturday I could sleep in, get up and "play" with my new ROTS toys.  But I have to be at a bachelor party that starts at 10am... still getting the toys the night before though.   ;)

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Boy, you probably have to pay a stripper a fortune to dance at 10:00 in the morning!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 11:59 PM »
The stripper doesn't start until around 8pm.   ;)

Here's our schedule -

10am - golf   8)

4pm - dodgeball   ;D

8pm - stripper   :)

2am - go home   >:(

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #36 on: March 8, 2005, 12:07 PM »
So far I know that one Toys R Us is doing it; I'm on board, but it's a bit of a drive from where I live. If one happens closer to home I'll defect.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 8, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Don't know if any of my local stores are doing a MM sale but since wallyworld is 24 hours, I will probably go by there to see what they have.  If they have what I want, then I'll give my kid his and I'll sleep late on Sat morning.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 8, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I dont think my local TRU is doing it. I think they are too busy with they're Yu Gi Oh stuff. I'll probably go to Walmart that night and go to Target in the morning.
I remember my dream now.

Offline RebelRoss0587

• Youngling
  • I'm a rebel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 8, 2005, 09:10 PM »
I haven't gone to the midnight showing before, but I've been planning this one for a couple of years now and it's going to be huge!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2005, 12:01 AM »
I went to a TRU for Ep.I and it was nuts.  Went to a WalMart for Ep.II and it was really lame how it was set up.  It was on an outside aisle of the toy section and they had carts and employees blocking off the section.  We all lined up in front of the toy section and were allowed in 5 at a time.  I actually found a Dooku and Hanger Duel Anakin at the very back of a couple of pegs (people were too lazy to look all the way to the back I guess) and as I was exiting the section, an employee was pushing in 2 more carts filled w/ figs and I grabbed a Yoda off the top as I passed by.  He wasn't too happy about it but I'm sure he got over it. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2005, 06:05 AM »
I went to a TRU for Ep.I and it was nuts.  Went to a WalMart for Ep.II and it was really lame how it was set up.  It was on an outside aisle of the toy section and they had carts and employees blocking off the section.  We all lined up in front of the toy section and were allowed in 5 at a time.  I actually found a Dooku and Hanger Duel Anakin at the very back of a couple of pegs (people were too lazy to look all the way to the back I guess) and as I was exiting the section, an employee was pushing in 2 more carts filled w/ figs and I grabbed a Yoda off the top as I passed by.  He wasn't too happy about it but I'm sure he got over it. 

LOL Awesome. Well looks like Ontario,CA TRU will be doing MM so I'll be there. Then off to Walmart then up at the buttcrack of dawn for Target.
I remember my dream now.

Offline cCc2021

• Youngling
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Well I wont be going now. The closest TRU doing MM is 45 minutes away. I'll just go to WM thats 5 minutes away.  :)

cCc

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Does anyone have any evidence that the RS list is legit? To me that looks like it's as thorough as the list for TPM. You can't tell me that the hype of EPIII has made TRU forget the past history of TPM?

Perhaps they are expanding the number of stores opening compared to those that did for AOTC because they know that w/o a midnight opening they are going to get killed and left holding A LOT of stuff in stock!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Hey Pete RS posted something there today saying the list may not be all of the stores participating.  Basically you are going to have to either check the Toys R Us website or contact the specific store itself. 

I will be checking up on my area TRU on 4/1 to see (unless I find out before then).  By then someone in the store might know if they are opened at midnight on 4/2.