Author Topic: C3 Schwag or what will you be in line for?  (Read 27895 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: C3 Schwag or what will you be in line for?
« Reply #45 on: April 7, 2005, 12:54 AM »
I just posted this on the front page:

"Prepare To Visit The Celebration Store!

The Celebration Store will be selling more than 40 items, and certainly the exclusive Darth Vader will a hot commodity.  Be sure to check out this PDF file that shows all of the goodies available!

Hall F
Indiana Convention Center
Thursday, April 21
Noon -- 1 pm Fan Club Members Only
1 pm -- 8 pm Open For All

Friday & Saturday, April 22 & 23
9 am -- 10 am Fan Club Members Only
10 am -- 8 pm Open For All

Sunday, April 24
9 am -- 10 am Fan Club Members Only
10 am -- 4 pm Open For All

Keep in mind that the C3 exclusive Darth Vader is limited to 4 per 4-day pass or 1 per 1-day pass.  As well, they will be selling custom display cases for the C3 exclusive Darth Vader.  There will be a "Fast Path" line to allow people to enter the store based on the time they signed up for - the "Fast Path" passes will be available outside Hall F."

I've gotta get a couple Vaders obviously, and it's nice to hear that they're making some display cases for them so that they survive the travel home. 

I also really like the "Epic Poster" shown on page 2.  Very cool.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2005, 01:00 AM by JesseVader08 »

SilverZ

« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2005, 03:07 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Jesse.

The packaging for Vader looks much more unique now. It certainly has been pulled away from looking like a variation on the ROTS packaging and become its own thing, while riffing on the style enough to feel like it's part of the same family of toys. Very nice.

I'm really pleased that there will be a case for the Vader, as well. Those are going to be essential for transporting those puppies home.

Looking through the other stuff, I'll probably end up with a cap to go with my C1 hat (did they have a C2 one?), and that poster, which does look pretty damn cool. I hope they are sold in solid mailing tube, though.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I will end up getting the posters plus the figures w/ case, badge set and pin set.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2005, 02:41 PM »
The Vader figure and the onesie will be mine. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2005, 11:27 PM »
A note on the Vader...the quantitys will be divided into quarters, so they don't all sell out in one day. So if you don't get one Thursday, go Friday, etc.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2005, 06:23 PM »
I'm curious about the exclusive C3 Wuher - anyone know the numbers on this bad boy? I missed him at ComicCon.

"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Any updates on how exactly that stupid GG bust is getting distributed?  I'm hoping with my whole group from Seattle, I can snag my one that I want....but if it's a damn lottery again, it's anyone's guess.
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Any updates on how exactly that stupid GG bust is getting distributed?  I'm hoping with my whole group from Seattle, I can snag my one that I want....but if it's a damn lottery again, it's anyone's guess.

No clue, but I am fully expecting a lottery, there's no other way they can do it to be fair ::)  It's the only thing I really, really want to walk out of there with and multiples would be great to pass onto a couple of folks around here too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2005, 02:33 AM »
I like the lottery idea sometimes, but on the other hand, if I run my ass to the booth when they first open, I should be rewarded for that. I don't want to have the same chance as some schmuck who wandered in at 5pm on Sunday.

Man.....the Ebay bastards are somehow going to get them all, I know it.   I just want one!  Uno!  UNO!

;D
Got Clones?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2005, 11:59 AM »

Man.....the Ebay bastards are somehow going to get them all, I know it.   I just want one!  Uno!  UNO!

;D

Yup, and for once I won't be able to justify the extra price hike because this time I'll have actually been there and paid the entrance fee for the chance to get one, so give it to me for retail dammit. :P

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Me too. I've never missed out on a convention exclusive while at the convention, so if I miss this one....I'm going to be PISSED.
Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Anyone getting these silly little "Topper" thingamabobs?  I nabbed the Vader one with my registration.

Here's what the C3 sites says about them:

FREE Exclusive Darth Vader Topper for Advance Sale 4-Day Badge Holders!

Fans who purchase a 4-day admission badge for Celebration III from the official site can receive the show's first exclusive collectible - a Darth Vader "3-in-1 topper". The topper, featuring Darth Vader's signature mask and helmet, is for car antennas, pencils, and key chains, and is free for 4-day badge holders for only a $2.95 handling charge.

Once at the show, collectors can pick up a set of three other Star Wars toppers, complete with a display case created specifically for Celebration III. The three other exclusive toppers are General Grievous, a red Imperial Guard, and a clone trooper. The display case is designed to hold all four toppers, but the only way to get the fourth – Darth Vader – is with a 4-day advance sale Celebration III badge. The Darth Vader toppers are limited to one per 4-day badge purchased in advance, adult or child.

If you have already purchased your 4-day badge and did not opt in for the Vader topper, and want add the topper to your order, please go to registration.gencon.com/celebration/ and login then select 'Buy your Darth Vader "3-in-1" Topper' and add it to your cart and proceed to check out.

Please note that the deadline for advanced badge registration, and for ordering the exclusive Darth Vader topper, is Friday, March 4 at 12:00 noon PST.

Sounds kinda cool (not that I'd actually put one on my car, or anything).  Here's the others:

Guess I'll grab the rest there, if I can find them, since I already got the Vader one...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2005, 03:06 PM »

I sent out a few e-mails this weekend to my contacts asking if the min-bust would be "first-come, first serve" or "raffle", but the best I was able to come up with is:

"The Star Wars Celebration III Exclusive Sandtrooper Corporal mini bust will
be available to purchase in a similar manner as our past conventions
exclusives.  The quantity sold at the show will be sold in accordance with
the convention's policies.  Currently, this involves daily allocation and
the implementation of a Fastpass system should lines demand it."

That's about as specific as GG wants to be at the moment unfortunately.  They've been burned at Cons before, so they are keeping the "How To" info on this one close to the vest until the day of is sounds like...

Guess we just make the mad dash for the GG booth at the start of each day until we get one...  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Uh, yeah.

So I'm going through my box as I slowly dole out the C3 Vaders to people around here (yes, at cost) and I've come to the stunning realization I'm short three star case backs :o :'(  I've no idea where they went.  I'm sure I received them, the guy at the door even suggested I count them and I had 8 at that point.  But now I am missing 3.

Has anyone got any to spare?  I know it's unlikely, but lmk if you can help out.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Brent, weren't you around when one of our group mentioned their tale of how they got a bunch of the cases, but realized that the C3 volunteer forgot to give them the corresponding BACKS?  They had to march back into the store and explain the problem to someone to finally get the corresponding case backs.  I forget who that was that it happened to now though...

Did you purchase all of your figures at once?  Sounds like it, so it'd be strange to get 8 cases but only 5 backs in the same trip.

Maybe you got a couple backs stuck together, and sent them out already?

Or maybe you're just totally senile and don't pay too good of attention to stuff...  :-*

BTW, how many of your passes do I still have?

:P
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 02:44 PM by JediMAC »