Author Topic: Celebration 3 Figure: Talking Darth Vader  (Read 28498 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Celebration 3 Figure: Talking Darth Vader
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2005, 06:47 PM »
;)

Party in the line!
 ;D
I KNEW that Kill Bill flask I bought would come in handy! Beer takes up too much space, need room to carry exclusives.

Not only do I really like you, I respect you :D

:-*

Right back at ya, Morgbug! What will we be drinking? ;D
Hope to grab as many extra  Vader figures as possible, have a begging list starting over at TradeFed as well.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Get yer Cell 3 Talking Vader on the auction block folks!  ::)

Celebration 3 Darth Vader

I will go immediately from the store, to the shipping with your address in hand.

::)  I love how he guarantees it will be C10!  Lucky for us that he has such control over these things:

I WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST IN LINE TO GUARANTEE YOU GET ONE.

He must be best friends with George Lucas, who's saving him a spot in line.   ::)  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2005, 08:35 AM »
This is a pretty cool exclusive, and a nice surprise.  Although the figure will likely be some sort of rehash/kitbash, the James Earl Jones factor makes it pretty neat in my book.  I really wish we could afford to make it out to C3, sounds like it will be a great time.  I'll add my name to the list along with the other "poor souls", if anyone has an extra or could pick one up for me, I'd really appreciate it.  If not, that's fine too, just enjoy the Celebration :).

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2005, 06:33 PM »
I'll add my name to the list along with the other "poor souls", if anyone has an extra or could pick one up for me, I'd really appreciate it.  If not, that's fine too, just enjoy the Celebration :).

Same here.  :( :'(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 06:23 AM »
*sigh*

Count me in on the line waiting thing... 

Guess we'll really get to be good friends since we'll obviously be forced to stand with each other for such a long period of time.  :)

I'll see you all in line. I'm having my grandmother get a pass just for this, but we shant tell her thats why, ok?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 05:29 PM »
This figure just doesn't interest me... in fact, none of these Celebration Exclusives have...

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a one to one relationship between pass and attendee? In other words can one person with two passes buy double the limit?

Basically the reason why I'm asking is that if I buy an extra pass for someone and give them the money for three of these, will they be able to get three more on top of what they already want to get with their own pass?

If that is possible, I'm willing to buy someone a weekend pass and give them the money to pick me up three of these things (I think the limit for a weekend pass is four).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Good question Pete.  I think the way the website reads that should be doable.  So long as you have a pass, you should be able to get however many it entitles you too. 

The difficulty will be in the staff's interpretation of the rule once someone shows up and tries to do it.  Call me cynical, but I think the rules allow it and someone will mess up the rules, they always do. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Brent, what if this interferes with our 3:00 flagpole showdown?

Reschedualing is at hand.

Or should we just move it inside in the line? ;)

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Inside the line is fine Kevin, perhaps they'll start throwing money at us and we can profit from it as well.  Drinking and fighting in the line at C3, all the fun in the world :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Inside the line is fine Kevin, perhaps they'll start throwing money at us and we can profit from it as well.  Drinking and fighting in the line at C3, all the fun in the world :P

I'm sure we'll make the nightly news.

"Tonight at ten: MTV Star attacks Drunken Canadian at Star Wars Convention. Lucas furrious!"

Kevin

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2005, 02:43 AM »
I'll wager $20 on the Drunken Canadian - we're wiley you know!   ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2005, 04:30 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a one to one relationship between pass and attendee? In other words can one person with two passes buy double the limit?

Basically the reason why I'm asking is that if I buy an extra pass for someone and give them the money for three of these, will they be able to get three more on top of what they already want to get with their own pass?

If that is possible, I'm willing to buy someone a weekend pass and give them the money to pick me up three of these things (I think the limit for a weekend pass is four).

I think it's definitely going to be do-able Pete, but not necessarily in the same trip.  Lots of folks have already suggested they could just buy extra passes to get extra figures, so there's really no way of stopping that, I'd guess.  They're monitoring things by punching passes, so if a pass has no punches, it should still be valid.  I highly doubt with the thousands of people going through the lines that they're actually going to remember anyones face, and that they've already bought their full allotment of four.

I just don't think they're gonna let anyone walk up there and show them two separate passes at once and get multiple figures though.  I think it'll require just a little more tact than that.  Buy up your figures with one pass, then return later on (preferably to a different table with a different person) and then buy some more with your second pass (with your first pass obviously stashed away somewhere).  They obviously are trying their best to keep folks from taking advantage of the situation like last year, so I think if you're sly about it and make two totally separate trips to get the figures, you should be fine.

Of course, that would mean someone would likely have to spend anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours waiting in line just to score some extra figures for someone, which would obviously suck.  But I just highly doubt they'll honor two separate badges in one trip, so I think multiple trips through the line would be in order.

And that goes back to the question I asked here a couple weeks ago, which was whether a 4-day pass holder could just get all 4 of their figures at once, or if they'll keep it limited to no more than one per day...  Sounds like we can at least nab all 4 together, to save ourselves from wasting too much time in the figure line, and enable ourselves to waste our valuable time in other lines instead.   :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 04:35 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2005, 04:38 AM »
As for the showdown between Mr. TV star and the old Canucklehead, I'm gonna have to throw my money down on Kevin.  'Cause Brent's probably gonna be too drunk to put up much of a fight, let alone just balance himself enough to stand in a line for any period of time.  I'll see to that, Kev.  His ass is all yours, young fella!   ;)

Take that however you like.   :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2005, 06:03 AM »
Just better not bend the cards on my Vaders. That's all I'm sayin'.

Kevin