Author Topic: Celebration 3 Figure: Talking Darth Vader  (Read 28491 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration 3 Figure: Talking Darth Vader
« Reply #60 on: March 3, 2005, 09:01 AM »
If I go to the event (still up in the  air) I'll get it for sure.  Otherwise, I might now.  It would be one of those things I would get later down the road.  If at all.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 9, 2005, 01:57 PM »
ok, i read on another site that this vader looks to be the one included in the 25th anniverary 2-pack battling obi-wan. now IF this is true does anyone know if the talking voice feature comes from the base or package and if the figure is permanently attched to the base? what i'm getting at is this could be one, for the loose completist collectors like myself, to not have to worry about obtaining. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 9, 2005, 02:04 PM »
IF this is true does anyone know if the talking voice feature comes from the base or package and if the figure is permanently attched to the base?

In this picture:

You can see the "try me" button for the Voice Chip is at the bottom of the package, indicating to me that the Voice Chip stuff is probably in the base and not the figure itself...

I have no idea how/if Vader is permanently attached to the base - I'd guess that he is NOT permanently attached to the base.  Other deluxe figres haven't been attached, so I doubt this one will.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2005, 03:37 AM »
I'll let some of those who actually endured the pain share the gory details, but I thought I'd mention that the line for the C3 Vader ran at least 8.5 hours long for many folks.  Absolutely terrible experience for those who were unfortunate enough to brave the wait...

::)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2005, 03:44 AM »
The wait sounds preferable to nothing I can think of. If I were there, I'd totally blow off the store.

Is that a straight repack, or are any parts new...?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2005, 11:20 AM »
I really want one :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2005, 02:30 PM »
Great way to thank the fans!  Have them sit in line all day.  This is absolutely pittiful!

George Lucas and anyone with two arms and two legs should have been walking down the long line passing out the Vaders and collecting money.

Man this irritates me to hear this.

DBK

I'll let some of those who actually endured the pain share the gory details, but I thought I'd mention that the line for the C3 Vader ran at least 8.5 hours long for many folks.  Absolutely terrible experience for those who were unfortunate enough to brave the wait...

::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2005, 04:18 PM »
According to the RS Q&A posting the following is TRUE!!!!

The Darth Vader Celebration III figure will be available online after the show

YES!!!!

Finally some sanity to this - I guess they either made WAY more of the Vader figure than they did of Jorg Sacul OR the figure isn't selling as well as Sacul did and they anticipate having plenty of extras....

Great news indeed!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2005, 05:27 PM »
I think they are just saving some figures for online sales. Whatever the reason, i am happy to have the chance to get one although it will still probabl;y be tough. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Well that's just great news, I could've gotten it online and wouldn't have to make Vator wait in line. ::)

JediMAC, or anyone else in line, was it REALLY that long, or are we overexagerating a bit?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Well that's just great news, I could've gotten it online and wouldn't have to make Vator wait in line. ::)

JediMAC, or anyone else in line, was it REALLY that long, or are we overexagerating a bit?

I waited in line for 5 hours on Thursday for Vader, Jared and a few others had a 9 hour wait.  The average wait time for the C3 Vader has been around 6 hours.   >:(

According to the RS Q&A posting the following is TRUE!!!!

The Darth Vader Celebration III figure will be available online after the show

As for on-line sales, be careful - Hasbro said they will try to do it, but it would be VERY limited quantity and there would be no guarantee on condition of the figures.  I think RS may have been reading into the comment a bit too much...  :(

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Between three boards, I've read nothing but horror stories concerning C3. Is it really that bad?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2005, 08:34 AM »
As for on-line sales, be careful - Hasbro said they will try to do it, but it would be VERY limited quantity and there would be no guarantee on condition of the figures.  I think RS may have been reading into the comment a bit too much...  :(

RS mis-represent a quote from Hasbro? I'm shocked and appalled by this accusation!

NOT!

;D

- Peter
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Guys I went there on Friday.  No crap, it was THAT long.  Unbelievable unless you were there.  They would cap the line at somepoint and say the damn store is closed.  It is unfortunate for those that come all that way, but that's the way it goes.  You basically had to be there at 4-5am towards the front of the MASSIVE line to get in.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Okay, I read on another forum that people would buy the fig for $15, then once the store closed, would sell them at the stands for $60. Can anyone confirm this insanity?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks