Author Topic: Medicom RAH Darth Vader  (Read 35584 times)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Medicom Real Action Hero Darth Vader
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Well, when I go out to visit him again, I'll drop you a pm!!  I doubt if it will be until next year with the move and all but you never know!!

As for Vader, he's on his way and will be here Monday.  BBTS had a few left over Luke's so I ordered one too and pre-ordered the Stormtrooper as well.

What they wack ya for Luke?
I got my Vader today, didn`t open the box yet though. I wanna take a shower
before I do, I got work junk all over me, lol
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Vader arrived today!  ;D

Adam

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Sweet!!!!!!!!

$199.00 plus $6.99 shipping.  :-\
Beth

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2005, 09:28 PM »
Sweet!!!!!!!!

$199.00 plus $6.99 shipping.  :-\

Thats about right, actually. I paid a bit less, but it came from Japan.
Most of them on eBay are around 200 after shipping.
You`ll like it thouhg for sure!
Been a good day, kubs and RaH Vader!
Adam

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Those pics are sweet Sithbaker.  I can't wait for mine to get here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2005, 01:21 PM »
I just got notice from HLJ that my Vader shipped :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 01:21 PM by Scott »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2005, 03:05 PM »
I received my Vader yesterday and at first was a little disappointed.  Now, you have to realize, I am so use to Hasbro size dolls that when I first saw it, I thought it was wayyyyyyy too small of a doll to do Darth Vader justice.  I sat for quite a while trying to decide if I should open it or send it back so I just bit the bullet and opened it.

Positives:

The figure came out of the package with little difficulty and I immediately noticed how much cape there was.  It has a very flexible wire running all across the bottom of the cape to give it a nice weight and also, to be able to pose it somewhat. 

The face sculpt is perfect.  I realized I was so use to Big-is-better from Hasbro that it was hard to accept his smaller size head but once I realized that he would just have to be displayed away from all Hasbro dolls, I started to fiddle with this hands...

Oh those hands!!  WONDERFUL!!!  I had so many poses going through my head I couldn't get those things changed fast enough.  They hold the saber fine and the un-lit saber can hang of the hook on his belt.  Speaking of his belt this rolls right in to the bad...

Negative:

The cod piece and the belt.  I assumed that the belt was seperate from the chest piece since you could pop the belt from it's hole in the back, but I found out after I started to tear it from the chest piece that it is all hooked together.  This is the down side since, on my Vader, that cod piece is just too high up and I can't move it down since the whole dam thing is connected.  I do want to state that the costume is very nice and all but this bugs the hell out of me.  I finally had to stuff him back in his box because of this.

Another point I have to make about the wonderful hands is that when you take them on and off, they don't "lock" in to place.  They just slide in and out.  Since I really never let him stand around with his arms down, holding his saber, I can only assume the arms will stay on.

All in all, I am sure once Luke arrives tomorrow and I put them together, I'll absolutely love him but I'm still wondering if $400.00 bucks is worth two dolls or if I should have saved it for Master Replica's rebel blaster. :-\
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2005, 12:41 AM »
My Medicom Vader sort of arrived today.  It's currently sitting at the post office and due to work, I'll have to wait until Monday to Liberate him and set him up next to the Medicom Luke.  :(
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2005, 10:13 AM »
My Medicom Vader sort of arrived today.  It's currently sitting at the post office and due to work, I'll have to wait until Monday to Liberate him and set him up next to the Medicom Luke.  :(

Ugh, that makes for a LOOOONG weekend, but at least something to look forward to on Monday  ;D
Adam

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2005, 05:18 PM »
Well, I liberated my Medicom Vader from the Post Office today and all I can say is...WOW!

Beth, I don't understand your gripe about the codpiece and belt being one piece....I haven't taken mine completely apart, but it looks like two separate pieces on mine.  I also slid them down because they were riding high on my vader when I got him out of the box, but had no problems.

My only gripe is the hands.  Not a huge deal, but why didn't they all come with the little posts inside them like the Luke figure?  Completely minor gripe, but it took me a while to get the one out of the right hand because it was kind of wedged in there.

I do have it standing next to my Marmit Fett, and the Medicom Vader does look a bit small comparatively, but does look cool next to the Medicom Luke.

Guess I'll need a Medicom Fett when they make one...or better yet, if Siudeshow's are more similar to the Medicom figures....I'll be in Heaven!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2005, 04:58 PM »
RAH Vader is now available for pre-order from StarWarsShop.com for only $179.99 plus shipping.  Ships Aug 30th if you are still looking for one of these... it is a Hyperspace exclusive until Monday though.   :-\

RAH Vader @ StarWarsShop.com
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Son of a bitch.  I paid over $40.00 bucks more for mine.  Why the hell didn't they post this months ago?? It's great they offer out-of-country stuff but it's not like this was some major surprise that just popped up and they never knew it existed before hand.

Oh well....I guess I'm more mad at myself for over paying....damn it all to hell anyways... :( >:(
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: August 3, 2005, 10:10 AM »
I got my Vader a few days ago

Opened it last night...

Wow!  Scale wise I can see how collectors of the 12" line might be dissapointed because its nowhere near the size of the 14" Electronic Vader

But color me more than impressed.  I can't believe I paid that much for a doll but the detail and and everything else is exquisite

I would guess Boba will be coming soon and I might splurge on one of those as well.  Medicom, you rule!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 3, 2005, 10:59 AM »
While I'm sure this figure rocks (and I've gone back and forth on buying one) I'm pretty confident that Sideshow will do a comparable Vader in the near future for close to $50.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 3, 2005, 12:02 PM »
While I'm sure this figure rocks (and I've gone back and forth on buying one) I'm pretty confident that Sideshow will do a comparable Vader in the near future for close to $50.

From what I`ve seen of the other 12" they do, I agree.
Their line should be awesome! Had I known about it before getting the Medicom
Vader, I might have passed. I still love the Medicom Vader though, truly awesome!
Adam