Author Topic: favorite POTJ figure  (Read 20613 times)

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: favorite POTJ figure
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I would say Dagobah Vader and the Sandtrooper were the best out of the line.  Honorable mention to the droids and EU characters aswell.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 03:27 PM »
As a Han Solo (modern and vintage) collector, I've gotta go with the Bespin Han.  The articulation wasn't the best, but like some have said, light years ahead of the POTF2 line and much of the POTJ line.  I loved the holster and the accurate sized Han.  I always wondered why the figures never had holsters that worked and was thrilled to see this one.  I liked the figure so much I bought three of them, one to customize, one to open and "play" with (you all know you do it!!), and one to keep with my carded collection.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline TT8L

• Youngling
  • subtle hint...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2005, 04:22 AM »
Nearly the first figure I went after in this line was Teebo, because my g/f wanted me to get an ewok.... I liked the figure so much that I couldn't give it away, despite the jealous glimmer in her pretty little eyes. I still owe her an ewok.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2005, 03:01 PM »
There were definitely several great POTJ figures.  This line ranks as one of my favorites in the modern era.  Only the VOTC line beats out POTJ, IMO.

5 -  Coruscant Guard
4 - Imperial Officer
3 - Sandtrooper
2 - Han Solo - Bespin Capture
1 - FX-7
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Probably the Imperial Officer. Good articulation, great sculpt, and above all an imperial army builder. ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 04:56 AM »
See, now that's good thinking Hunter! :)

I was thinking how sweet it'd be to have him re-issued in grey (be nice if they tooled some new legs and headsculpts for him too though) so we could build a nice Tech army too.  I've come to the conclusion these are Gunnery Officers or Pilots off-duty myself, and would love some grey Army/Tech guys to pile into dioramas since they were like fly-dirt in the film.

It's one of those figures though that, even if he wasn't changed at all, I'd buy another 10 or 20 of him as he is. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 08:57 AM »
My favs of this line, and what really REALLY stood out to me were the secondary aliens. Take a look again, the paint jobs were just incredible.

Plo Koon was fantastic, the paint detail on his head was phenominal. Also liked Mas Ameeda, Mon Cal officer, Tessek.

When you look at thier heads, hands, etc.  they really took the time to get the paint right, very realistic look, and there are soem really nice small details on those figs.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 09:20 AM »
As much as i love Amanaman, the best POTJ figure without a doubt is Bacta Luke. Its a figure that i thought they woul dhave never made, and they did an awesome job with it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 04:22 PM »
I think I already replied to this thread (favorite=Bespin Han), but I was thinking back to the POTJ days the other day, and this really was a nice line overall.  I personally wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro return to the same sort of "release" format they used in those days.  Around 25-30ish figures per year, 4-5 vehicles, and some larger (deluxe or ultra, whatever) figures sprinkled in here and there.  Of course, use VOTC and ROTS style sculpting and articulation, but the general mix of the entire Saga, character wise, and the lighter release schedule would be welcome from me (and my bank account) :P.  Great line, and lots of great choices for best figure.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 08:07 PM »
I liked the lando wave the most if only you can X that JarJar bastard. I like some others like the Duros, Amanaman, and the vader dagobah. Some guy wanted my security BD so bad he traded a McQuarrie stormtrooper right across for it! I had extras but he wanted"this" one so bad because it had some ..0 whatever edition number on the back of the card..what an ultimatist?! K say my FAV was the lando-that cape was awesome!

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 9, 2005, 09:13 PM »
My favorite was the Queen Amidala Royal Decoy...Really like the black dress Amidala for some reason, the headdress and the face sculpt was great...okay, okay so the articulation sucked but since I leave mine in the pack, no problem for me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Those Amidala's are like Senator figures to me...  Articulation kind of becomes a secondary to sculpt because of the outfit.  It's tough to criticize Orn Free Tah as a bad figure because of articulation when he's just a big fattie.  He came out as a great figure for some dull Senator though.  Amidala's are kinda like that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 01:13 AM »
My favorite was the Queen Amidala Royal Decoy...Really like the black dress Amidala for some reason, the headdress and the face sculpt was great...okay, okay so the articulation sucked but since I leave mine in the pack, no problem for me...

Welcome to JD (finally), Zach!  And thank you very much for the Red Clonetrooper 3-pack you sent down to me a week or two ago (per your bro's instruction)...  Now that you're here, I guess I'll get you started with some well deserved feedback!  Enjoy the site...  8)

- Matt
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 01:18 AM by JediMAC »

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2005, 06:42 PM »
You're Welcome Matt!

Also, I really like the BoShek figure from this line, I don't think it has been mentioned yet.  The pilot suit looks really good, and the helmet...man...great.    I really like that in this line Hasbro introduced a ton of new sculpts and really attempted to please the fans.  I believe that the first two fan's choice figures came out in this line, and although the Duros went on to become a peg warmer, the fact that Hasbro started to listen to fans started here.  Also, the new FX-7 droid is great, a new update for a background droid.

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 5, 2005, 01:51 PM »
I have to say the security battle droid and sandtrooper tie.

They cannot conquer forever!