Author Topic: Look what I just scored!!!  (Read 18344 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Look what I just scored!!!
« on: March 8, 2003, 05:09 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2474&item=3118838806&rd=1

I've waited a long time for this one, but I'm finally getting it.   ;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:Look what I just scored!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2003, 05:11 PM »
Right on. Congrat's.  

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2003, 05:13 PM »
Nice.

Offline BidderFett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2003, 11:51 PM »
Cool!!
 I'm still looking for that one.
Nothing makes me happier than a new droid.  :D
Especially Astromech.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 11:26 PM »
It's now in my hands...  

;D

dustrho

Jango Fettish

Re: Look what I just scored!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 02:42 PM »
Nice score, and a decent price also. Where did you get that fancy case!?  :o

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 1, 2003, 09:31 AM »
Well done. He's a pricey little one.
Now all you have to do is rip that cumbersome card off and set him free ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 1, 2003, 09:44 AM »
Well done. He's a pricey little one.
Now all you have to do is rip that cumbersome card off and set him free ;)

This is coming from a person who keep's his stuff carded & sealed.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
J/K  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Scored 3 HUGE EP1 figs today!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 10:33 PM »
Just score these three figures at the Kane County Toy Show (in Illinois) today (4/27), and only paid $40 for all three.  Some may think that's steep, but I was very happy with the purchase.  These figures are on awesome cards.  Now I only need two more figures to finish my single-figure EP1 collection... TC-14 and Naboo Royal Guard.

-- Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
-- Queen Amidala (Battle) with Ascension Gun
-- Sio Bibble

dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scored 3 HUGE EP1 figs today!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2003, 10:40 PM »
Great score. $40 for all 3 is very good. Iv'e seen Amidala w/ Ascension Gun go for up to $42. alone.
Sweet deal. Congrats.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2003, 10:22 AM »
That's definitely not a bad price.  Those were all pretty tough to find the first time around.  Good score!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 03:21 PM »
That's an awesome deal Chris!  The price tags on your figures there are pretty accurate as to current market value (like on eBay), so if you add those three up, you'll see they come out to $77.  So you saved yourself about 50%!  Not bad...   8)

The Battle Amidala is THE LAST figure that I need to polish off my entire carded and loose collections for the entire modern era (have my carded one already, just need an opener now).  I've been following her prices for a LONG time on the Bay, and haven't seen one fall below $25 for well over a couple years now - usually going for much more than that!  The Sio and Swimming Jar Jar figures are both real tough pieces as well, so $40 for the whole group is practically a steal!  Nice job.  Now just take those price tags off real carefully...   ;)

BTW, I've got an extra NRG from a throw-in on old trade Chris, but it's on a Tri-Logo card which I'm assuming is not of interest to you.  Not sure if it's C-9+ either, but could check if you're interested.  LMK, and keep up the good hunting!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 04:58 PM »
BTW, I've got an extra NRG from a throw-in on old trade Chris, but it's on a Tri-Logo card which I'm assuming is not of interest to you.  Not sure if it's C-9+ either, but could check if you're interested.  LMK, and keep up the good hunting!

I'm really only looking for US version only to complete this set.  If it were a loose collection then that would be a different story.  Thanks for the offer Matt.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2003, 05:00 PM »
Now just take those price tags off real carefully...

I've heard a million different ways in trying to take those price tags off of figures, but what really is THE best way to remove it without damaging the card or bubble (bubble in this particular case)???
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2003, 05:14 PM »
I'm really only looking for US version only to complete this set.  If it were a loose collection then that would be a different story.  Thanks for the offer Matt.

I figured that was the case Chris, but just thought I'd double check just in case...

I've heard a million different ways in trying to take those price tags off of figures, but what really is THE best way to remove it without damaging the card or bubble (bubble in this particular case)???

Well, I've never had to use any of those strange liquids or solutions, hairdryers, etc, etc.   What I do, is just take the sticker off the old fashioned way - by hand, and VERY slowly.  Most of the sticker removing stratagies are more suited to the vintage arena, where a sticker has been attached to something for many, many years.

Chris, I'm sure your stickers there should peel right off probably, as I'm sure they're fairly new.  It's even better that they're on the bubble, since you can't really damage a bubble, like you can a card (unless you smash it).  Any residue that's left after pulling the sticker off can usually be taken off just by firmly pressing/dabbing the same sticker you just removed against the residue several times.  That's what I always do.  Just dab the removed sticker against it's residue however many times it takes to remove the rest of the sticky stuff from the card or bubble.  Sometimes, if simple dabbing doesn't work, I'll "roll" the removed sticker over the remaining residue a few times.  This works just fine for almost anything that has any type of sticker/tag attached to it - not just SW figures.

Either way, you should be fine.  And since it's on a plastic bubble, whatever happens, you can get the residue off eventually, and you'll never even notice.  Just make sure not to crush the bubble in the "dabbing" process, if that's even necessary at all...  Good luck Chris, and again - great score!