Author Topic: Cloud Car  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Dengar

• Youngling
  • Vintage Rules
    • View Profile
Cloud Car
« on: November 10, 2003, 09:39 AM »
I just got the POTF 2 cloud car the other day and for some reason I really like this.  I like the figure it comes with as well.  What are your thoughts on it?

Offline marcbrit

• Youngling
  • De gustibus non disputandum esset
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Car
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2004, 01:26 PM »
The EU vehicles were some of my favorite of the POTF2 line, especially the Cloud Car. Can't say much for the uniform of the pilot, though. He looks like a throwback to the 70's. Still, the ship itself is nicely made with alot of interesting detail.

Offline jedihush

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2004, 06:52 PM »
I like the cloud car as well.They need to get around to making the original cloud car again.The EU line was somthing that I really liked since I read the books.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 07:28 AM »
I was perusing my junk the other day and came across the EU Airspeeder and I have to agree with the first poster on this (albeit old thread) that it's an underrated toy.

The concept cloud car fits in perfectly with the canon film CC I believe and the figure with the ship was really ahead of its time in sculpt.  Whoever made the figure over at Hasbro should really be proud of the detail he captured...  There's even evidence of a high cut boot under the tight pants...  That's some pretty remarkable detail for the time.  I think the EU pilot makes a good "citizen" figure for your Bespin set up or other dioramas where you'd need some background filler.  The figure's pretty sharp looking though and was good for its time certainly...  The airspeeder pilot was good too but very large/tall compared to other figures.

Anyway I popped a CC Pilot in the EU vehicle and he looks good...  Just that much more reason to want the real Cloud Car released, but this is a nice, believable looking vehicle for Bespin too.  Who's to say they didn't use both models ya know?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I kind of like it too. This and the air speeder were good throw backs to the mini-rigs, toys I really enjoyed. Maybe the pilot's appealing because he has a vinatge feel to him. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 01:47 AM »
The Airspeeder I love but it has a major role in EU as one of the Alliance's mainstay combat airspeeders...  That alone makes me love that ship.  To-scale even, and really nicely detailed.  I plan to paint a couple up in flight group colors for some fictional base I concoct.  That's just a great ship too though, one of the best to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 11:55 PM »
I went crazy buying these up whent TRU clearanced them out for about $3 per. I think I currently have 6 Cloud Cars, 15 Airspeeders, and 7 or 8 Speederbikes!
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com