Author Topic: Price and Value Questions  (Read 7070 times)

Offline francois_fett

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Price and Value Questions
« on: January 28, 2003, 01:40 PM »
 hi guys, i want your opinion on my sell list in the classified. is my price too high ? i've got  alot of good item's in there, i dont understand why so few
poeple sent me offers. please be honnest.
thanks guys.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=395
frank

it is too late for me my son

collect all vintage moc

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re:is my price too hight?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 08:49 AM »
One way to check what the current market is doing is to pick a few items you have and compaire the prices you want to those of current sales. Look at ebay under completed auctions and see what the have been selling for and take the average. Alot of people myself included prefer to buy in lots off of auctions this a lso usually equals a lower price per unit and cuts the shipping considerably.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 02:58 PM »
You have mail ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Is my price too high?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 03:20 PM »
Francois -
That's a very reasonable price listed for the 101 regular carded figures, 1 Theater Luke, 1 300th Fett, and one Leia 2-pack that you've got pictured there.  That's well over $500 retail value you've got up for sale...

I think the problem is that most people have a lot of those figures already, so they don't want to purchase the entire group of figures as one huge lot.  You should try breaking them up a little, either by line (like you already have them), or even by individual figures.  Maybe list them individually for a little while, and let people pick and choose the specific ones they want, and then list the remainders in lots.

Good luck!

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 03:54 PM »
Congrats on reaching your reserve! ;D

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: is my price too hight?
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2003, 11:37 AM »
Unfortunately, the U.S. economy refects in the Sw market as well.  In the last year prices seem to be generaly lower.  I would hold on to my collection until a couple of months before EP3, if I wanted optimum price.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: is my price too hight?
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2003, 01:24 PM »
Very wise move Hung.  I must admit to being surprised how cheap things are right now.  Had I known that a year ago, well, not much would have changed, but some things I would have held off on.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
What are these figs and vehicles worth??
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 12:05 PM »
In 1995 I started buying the POFT2 figs and vehicles.  I've got about every figure between then and 1998.  I also have the AT-AT, AT-ST, Falcon, Tie Fighter, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, snow speeder, X-wing, land speeder.
My figs are all loose with all their accessories.  The vehicles are loose and complete, but most have their boxes.

I'm collecting vintage figs, and would like to know what I could expect to get in trade value for the POTF2 figs when trading for Vintage ones.

I've never seen a price guide and I don't want too!  Should I expect to trade 2 to 1, 1 to 1, 3 to 1?  Thanks for any help.

Lemon-Viper
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Re: What are these figs and vehicles worth??
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 11:14 PM »
The AT-ST and TIE fighter are a little more coveted, as far as vehicles go.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
NEED HELP!! Need to price my collection for sale!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Hi, I've recently put up my entire POTF2 collection up for Trade/Sale.  I have someone interested in the collection, but they don't want to make an offer for it.  Can anyone help me out with an estimated price?  Here's what I have.

Vehicles
1995 TIE Fighter with box- opened to put stickers on, stored since.
1995 Land Speeder with box- opened to put stickers on, stored since.
1996 Snow Speeder- loose and complete, sticker wear, sound effects work great.

Figures
Power of the Force 2- all complete except Emperor.  Most have filecards.
Ben Kenobi
Boba Fett-circles on hands
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Han Solo-original
Han Solo-Hoth gear
Lando- original
Leia- original
Luke Skywalker-original
Luke-Degobah
R2-D2
Storm Trooper
Yoda
Death Star Gunner
Greedo
Han Solo-Carbonite
Jawas
Luke- Storm Trooper
Luke- X-Wing
Luke- Jedi
Momaw Nadon(Hammerhead)
R5-D4
Sand Trooper
TIE fighter Pilot
Tusken Raider
ASP-7 Droid
AT-ST Driver
Bib Fortuna
Bossk
Emperor Palpatine-missing walking stick
Emperor’s Royal Guard
EV-9D9
Han Solo-Endor gear
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Lando- Skiff Guard
Leia- Jabba’s Prisoner
Luke- Ceremonial outfit
Luke- Bespin with removable hand
Luke-Hoth gear
Malakili(Rancor Keeper)
Ponda Baba(walrus man)
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Saelt-Marae(Yak Face)
Weequay Skiff Guard
2-1B Medical Droid
4-Lom
Ewoks
Ugnaughts

Episode 1
Boss Nass -complete with Staff and Comm Tech chip

Thanks for your help!

Joel

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NEED HELP!! Need to price my collection for sale!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 09:39 PM »
Lee's Toy Review lists what you have (loose, which is assumed complete & mint) as follows:
Vehicles
1995 TIE Fighter with box- opened to put stickers on, stored since. - $20
1995 Land Speeder with box- opened to put stickers on, stored since. - $12
1996 Snow Speeder- loose and complete, sticker wear, sound effects work great. - $35

They list most orange, green carded and FFAS loose for $3 each. The only exceptions are the long saber jedis, Boba Fett variations & rare figures (exclusives or low production runs). I'd total that and see what you have and use it as a ballpark. While you may want to start high with your offer, if it's a friend, I'd be inclined to lower it to a price that will make you happy and not insult the friend.

A lot of these figures are available carded at flea markets and collectible shops for the $3 tag recommended by Lee's. Use this as a high measure of the value and go from there.

As always, the value to most collectors (myself included) is more personal than price driven.

Hope that helps!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Thomas (Lee's) is right, probably about $3 each (tops) for your 49 loose figures there, all of which are quite common.  I don't agree with those Lee's vehicle prices though.  I highly doubt you could get those amounts for them.  I'd say about $25 - $30 for the three vehicles.  Heck, they only cost about $50 originally at retail, and I would say they've gone DOWN in value since then, since they're loose and played with.  Not to mention the Landspeeder and Tie Fighter have both had newer, more accurate sculpts released at retail since then...

So for the entire lot, I'd say it's probably "worth" maybe $175.  Might want to start out by asking for $200, and see how it goes...  Good luck Joel!

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 3, 2004, 05:14 PM »
Thanks guys.  I offered my friend them all for $130 before I read your replies.  I was figuring $2 appiece for the figs and $30 total for the 3 vehicles.  I guess I did pretty good at guessing at it.  He's still thinking about it right now...

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Pricing question.
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2004, 01:28 PM »
I have been offered some cash for my POTF2 AT-AT and need to know what a good price is for it.  I don't want to rip someone off but I don't want to go too cheep either.

This is what I have that I need an opinion on:

POTF2 AT-AT Walker with two exclusive figures: Has box, mint condition.  Opened only to put stickers on and then stored for last 5-6 years.

POTF2 Millinium Falcon: Has box, mint condition.  Opened only to put stickers on and then stored for last 5-6 years.

POTF2 TIE Fighter: Has box, mint condition.  Opened only to put stickers on and then stored for last 5-6 years.

Thanks for any opinions!

Joel

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing question.
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2004, 05:29 PM »
Well, of the three, the AT-AT is by far the most valuable. A good indication of value is always eBay completed auctions. Loose, complete (with figures) AT-ATs are going for around $58, but some have gone higher and lower.

The Millennium Falcon is worth only about $15-$20 opened.

The TIE Fighter is the least valuable, with prices ranging from $5-$10 for a loose example.

:)