Author Topic: Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC  (Read 54320 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Wave 3 (and beyond)?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Well, the nice thing is that these will be available everywhere (NOT Target exclusive), so at least we'll have more places to look for the chase Clone Trooper Colors... :-\

Jeff

Thats good to know.  I was thinking they were Target exclusives again.  Feel a bit better now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2004, 03:03 PM »
Oh boy, new animated figs & they look mighty fine. If I don't get them from the US I guess they will show up here sometime before X-Max next yr!  :-\

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2004, 10:29 PM »
Why mix old and new figures in the same assortment? That makes absolutely no sense. The old figures are probably going to sit and clog shelves while the new ones fly out. Leave it to Hasbro to do something like this. What's next? Maybe they will ship cases of mixed Episode 2/Episode 3 Preview figures  ::)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Why mix old and new figures in the same assortment? That makes absolutely no sense. The old figures are probably going to sit and clog shelves while the new ones fly out. Leave it to Hasbro to do something like this. What's next? Maybe they will ship cases of mixed Episode 2/Episode 3 Preview figures  ::)

The mentality i'm sure is that being exclusives before not everyone had the opportunity to pick them off shelves.  I myself relied on Matt because the closest Target is over an hour from my house.  Also, any word if the cards will change?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2004, 01:42 PM »
Oh boy, new animated figs & they look mighty fine. If I don't get them from the US I guess they will show up here sometime before X-Max next yr!  :-\

:D  You think they'll be here that soon?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2004, 06:57 PM »

:D  You think they'll be here that soon?

Maybe down east but not in our neck of the woods!  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Not exactly the best mix of new figures there, IMO.  Don't care much for the Grievous character, though the figure looks interesting enough.  Would've chose a hundred different characters over another Anakin figure already, but I guess they're figuring that's a pivotal scene in the series so it's necessary.  The Red ARC Troopers cool, of course.  And I believe Hasbro said at Comic Con that they'd be making him in a Blue color as well.

I guess it'll be cool to get some of the previous Clones in the multi flavors now too.  Spice things up just a bit.  And since they're no longer Target exclusives, they should be easy enough to eventually track down (hopefully).

I'm guessing the re-release of the prior figures is just so the other retailers who are just hopping into this line can have the opportunity to sell some of the old ones too (not they they likely will to much extent).

Would be nice to see the line push forward a bit more too, into some of the other Jedi characters, along with Clone Obi, Padme and the Droids.  Plenty still left to tackle from the first couple "seasons", and they haven't even delved into "season 3" yet.  Not a bad line though, despite my initial trepidation towards it...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2004, 08:56 AM »
Personally, I would have loved it if they had actually gone ahead and done two waves of the new figures, starting around January of 2005, similar to how they did the initial waves.

WAVE THREE: JANUARY 2005
2 x Obi-Wan in Clone Armor
2 x Snow Bunny Padme
2 x Kit Fisto (Mon Calamari)
2 x Threepio and R2 (two pack, since R2 would likely be little more than a PVC)

WAVE FOUR: MARCH 2005
2 x ARC Trooper (one blue, one red)
2 x Anakin (Yavin IV Duel)
2 x General Grevious
2 x Luminara Unduli

And you could probably go even further.  Off the top of my head, that would still leave Barriss Offee, Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Darth Sidious, Chancellor Palpatine (seperate for the purposes of the list), Battle Droids, and Super Battle Droids among the more "active" characters on the series that could be made into figures.  This doesn't even begin to take into account some of the vehicles that could be made.  Unfortunately, since it's more of a "niche" line, this stuff will probably never come to pass and these last three original figures (plus the Clone repaints) will be all we'll ever get, but it's still fun to dream. :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2004, 11:50 AM »
I really wish we were getting at least one more wave with Padme, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Kit Fisto.

I really could have done without another Anakin or the multicolor Clone Troopers.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2004, 01:13 PM »
Also would of been nice to see one deluxe or beast.  Maybe a Yoda with whatever he was riding in EP1?  Or a lancing Black IG-88 on bike.  Of course they would end up being no more than statues.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 2, 2004, 10:53 AM »
Well looks like carded collectors will be screwed and need to pick up the rehashes due to the changes on the bubble and card. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 2, 2004, 11:49 AM »
I'm kind of glad to see this line continue, I always thought it was a fun little "sub-line" to collect.  I too would have liked a little bit different character selection (or a few more), because it would be really nice to see many of the figures mentioned above (Obi-Wan in armor, Snow Bunny Padme, R2/3PO, Jedi, Palpy, etc.).  I am glad to see the multi-colored clones, as well as the ARC Trooper(s) - which were really cool in the series.  I wonder if we'll see anything beyond this next wave?  I haven't heard/read/seen anything that would point to that though.  Oh well, not like we won't have enough product out there next year the way it is, I need to start saving up now :).

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2004, 04:35 AM »
Picked up the Anakin with Mechanical Arm at Walmart tonight so they've started hitting retail. The price was cheaper than regular figures. $5.55
I remember my dream now.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Target DPCI for Animated CW Wave 3
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2004, 09:30 PM »
For those of you who like using the DPCI trick at Target:

2005 Clone Wars Animated Figure Assortments ($6.99 each)
Assortment #: 85661
DPCI #: 087-06-1282

Now we can all keep tabs on when Target gets in their first batches of Clone Wars wave 3 figures!

:)

Thanks bud, I was just wondering if anyone had posted this yet!

DBK

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2004, 06:29 PM »
Found these tonight at Walmart.  Unfortuneately all they had was the new Anakin and the repacks >:(

Anyone know if the Clone Trooper is being repacked in the White Version besides the red, blue and yellow?  Also, is the Arc Trooper going to come in 2 colors?