Author Topic: Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC  (Read 54321 times)

SilverZ

Re: Animated Wave 3 (and beyond)?
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Well looks like carded collectors will be screwed and need to pick up the rehashes due to the changes on the bubble and card. 

Damn, yeah I noticed this today when I saw Mace (the only CW card at Walmart). If it was just the "Season 3 Now On TV" burst on the bubble I could probably pass it off as no big deal, but flipping the card over to see that the new figures are pictured at the bottom, these repacks are a bonafide recard, so I'm going to have to get all of them... again.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2004, 08:39 AM »
Somethng to consider on the repacks.  The packaging is different in two aspects.  First , the back of the cards show the new figs.  The fronts are the same as the first issues.  Only difference is that a clear sticker showing Season 3 is on the bubble. 

Anyone know how the colored clones are shipping?  Ratios?  Also trying to determine if the white clone is also being repacked since it is on the back of the cards ???
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 08:41 AM by rebeltrader »

SilverZ

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2004, 04:26 PM »
I haven't heard of the white clones showing anywhere as of yet.  The standard clones are probably going to be a pain in the ass, since according to the EE case breakdown, they are 2 per case.:

2x Grievous, 2x Anakin Skywalker, 2x Arc Trooper, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x Durge, 1x Asajj Ventress, 2x Clone Trooper (colors may vary), 1x Mace Windu

Scouring for 1 opener/1 carded of all the colors is going to be rough. Meh.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2004, 08:53 AM »
I was lucky enough to walk into the local WM within minutes of them actually stocking the CW figures.   They had apparently stocked two cases worth of the figures, and the case assortment seemed to be the same one that you listed, Tydirium.  I can confirm that in this case, there were no white Clones, and the only color variants were the yellow and blue (no red).

I would assume (and you know what that does) that the red and (if they are going to rerelease it) white clones will be in another case assortment.  I don't care for this personally, since it means there will be one "new" figure in a case full of stuff that has already been released, thus making it more difficult to find, but if they actually do a blue ARC and pack them both at more than one per case, it could be a bit easier.

The more I've thought about it, the more I am baffled by the rationale of packing Durge (who, technically, "died" in Season 1) in this new assortment, as opposed to Yoda, who would probably (likely) sell a whole lot more than Durge.  I'm not all that thrilled with the repacks anyway (although I understand that not everyone lives close to a Target), but the choice of Durge kind of confuses me.

And now, more than ever, I really wish they would continue this subline.  I really enjoy the cartoons and I love the figures (all of them, even Durge) and I would be thrilled if they kept the line going, especially with the main character designs seemingly "updated" for Season 3.  Oh, Snow Bunny Padme and Clone Armor Obi-Wan, wherefore art thou?  :)

Oh, and even though this has nothing to do with the toys, could someone tell me where in the continuity the CW animated series falls?  I casually read the Republic comic every now and again, and if there is a whole subplot of Obi-Wan going after Ventress when she's already been killed by Anakin, I'm sure you can tell where I'm a bit confused.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2004, 11:28 PM »
Why does Wal*Mart have these?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Why does Wal*Mart have these?

Kevin

These are not Target exclusive anymore, so they should turn up everywhere.  It seems that Wal-Mart has them first from what I have read, but they should show up at Target and TRU as well...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: January 9, 2005, 09:46 PM »
I found a Blue and Red yesterday...I'm guessing they are totally random myself

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2005, 02:45 PM »
I'm still looking for a yellow one myself.

Did they make a green one as well?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Haven't found these around here yet, going to try a bigger toy run this weekend to see if they are out anywhere.  Really looking forward to that ARC Trooper, and the others are nice as well.  Although I know not everyone is a huge fan of these, I kind of like the line.  I wouldn't necessarily want it to get huge, but I wouldn't mind another wave (Snow Bunny Padme, Clone Armor Obi, the Droids, maybe another Jedi or two).  Doesn't sound as if it is going any further though, unfortunately.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Did they make a green one as well?

No, there is no green one.

The Animated Clone Troopers in Wave 3 come in Red, Blue, and Yellow.

The tricky part is that they are only packed at 2x per case, so on one case will contain all 3 colors of the clones.

From what I've read so far, it seems like the Red Clone is more common, but that may be due to people confusing the ARC Trooper for a "Red Clone" and not knowing what they are talking about.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2005, 05:35 PM »
I finally found these and picked up the only blue and yellow ones Walmart had.  Along with the ARC trooper and Grievous, I'm done for now...which is nice ;).
Beth

SilverZ

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Wish I could say I've had better luck finding these things. They've been hitting pretty wide out here, but I'm always a bit too late to the store. I see nothing but leftovers from the first waves, with the exception of one ARC Trooper and new Anakin, which a Target employee pulled from the back room for me.

They are even showing up at KB Toys now. I found like 3-4 each of -- again --- the rehashed ones this afternoon.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2005, 07:15 AM »
I'm curious as to what everyone is paying for these.  I know I paid more for the first wave at Target ($6.99) and now, at Walmart at least, they are $5.55.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2005, 07:44 AM »
Beth, around here they're $5.50 at WM, $5.99 at TRU, and $6.99 at Target and K-mart.  I guess those first two prices ain't too bad, considering they were all $6.99 apiece at Target the last time 'round.

Still have only found the Anakin (x2) and Grievous so far, along with the recards. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2005, 09:36 AM »
I actually found the Red Clone the day before yesterday at a local SWM.  They had apparently just "completed" their reset of the action figure aisle and I found the remnants of a case of the CW figures.  It was the only Clone left so I don't know what other color shipped in the case with it.  I saw a Yellow Clone and Mace at a K-Mart nearby, so they are apparently showing up there as well.

Strangely enough, the figures that I don't see all that often from this assortment hanging around are Durge and Ventress.  I have not seen either of them since the day I got my Wave 3 back in December, and why that is, I have no idea.  You'd think that people would be more interested in the Clones and/or Grievous but apparently EU creations are more interesting than actual film stuff to some people.