Author Topic: Clone Wars Value Packs  (Read 15516 times)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
Re: Value packs
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2003, 03:19 PM »
Found the ARC Trooper/white Clonetrooper at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. Hopefully I'll find more because these are a great deal  :).
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2003, 09:17 AM »
Found :

Anakin (Clone War) and Clone Trooper (Lieutenant)

as well as

ARC Trooper and Clone Trooper

*note that all the clone troopers are repainted Commanders*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2003, 12:21 AM »
Got the Anakin & Lieutenant and Yoda & Commander value packs tonight.  I think it's kind of cool that they actually noted the ranks of the Clone Troopers on the bubble inserts.

I also have to wonder, how well will this Anakin fit into his Starfighter?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2003, 11:51 AM »
I found 1 an Anakin/Blue Clonetrooper.  Darn cool if you ask me.  Glad to see Hasbro go Wally World to take these with a free figure.  Maybe Wal-Mart should threaten Hasbro more often :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2003, 06:09 PM »
Quick question for those of you who have already found some of these...

Are the 2 cards for the respective figures actually conjoined somehow, or are they separate?  Basically, will there be any difference at all between the regular carded CW figures (like Anakin & Yoda), and the ones that come in these sets?

Also, are any of these Clonetroopers the same as any of the ones that came in the Clonetrooper 3-packs?

Color me stupid when it comes to this item!  Any info would be appreciated!   :-*

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2003, 01:36 AM »
Hey JediMac-

I found all of these at a NY Wal Mart tonight scattered all over the toy aisle, there was no display.  But initially they come in a cardboard display that you can hang on an endcap.

The card is the size of 2 SAGA cards side by side, but all one piece.  You can separate them with a scissor of blade of some kind, but it's not meant to be that way.

The white clone, yellow, and blue, are all simply repaints of the SAGA red clone.  But the cool thing is the whole pack is just $4.77

I found a total of 6 value packs tonight but left 2 of them there because the clones had awful paint jobs.  The 4 that I bought were pretty nice.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2003, 10:49 AM »
Yep DR hit most of the major points, the two places I have seen remnants of the cases were at the ends of two different aisles in a blue box.  They were hung on two pegs...

Adam Pawlus has a nifty review over at GH of these, I agree that these are some of the best things of 2003...again my only thing is...why aren't they doing this with all figures if they can afford to do it here?  Plus non-Value packs are going to be retail death even more than before.  This may mean bad things in terms of Pegwarmers

http://www.galactichunter.com/reviews/03clone-03XX-bonusclones.asp

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2003, 10:54 AM »
Scott, don't know why Hasbro is doing it now, but it resembles their GI Joe figure packaging.  They all come in 2-packs now, and that must be working well for them.  However, those GI Joe 2-packs are about $8 each, instead of the Star Wars 2-pack price of $4.77.
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2003, 01:58 PM »
They remind me of uncut baseball card sheets.  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2003, 09:14 PM »
Hey JediMac-

I found all of these at a NY Wal Mart tonight scattered all over the toy aisle, there was no display.  But initially they come in a cardboard display that you can hang on an endcap.

The card is the size of 2 SAGA cards side by side, but all one piece.

Yeah, that's what I gathered from glancing at a couple pix around the net, but thanks for the confirmation Matt.  Hadn't read Pawlus' review on them yet either, so consider me informed now...

Unfortunately, it's what I feared - as an avid carded and loose pschopathic completist.  Not sure what my game plan on these is going to be, but I'd imagine I'll "have to" be getting 2 of each of them, in addition to their equivalent single carded counterparts...   :-\  I guess that I can get by with only one single carded version to keep carded, since I can use the second value pack for my loose specimens.  Hopefully that's OK with my OCD...  I'll keep you posted on that developing situation...   :P

So, there's only 3 sets so far, correct?  Just the Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper, and each of them only come with one specific Clone Trooper (no Clone swapping between the sets), right?  Has anyone heard whether there's going to be more of these, for some of the other future CW figures?

Thanks for the info everyone!   :-*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2003, 07:05 AM »

So, there's only 3 sets so far, correct?  Just the Anakin, Yoda, and ARC Trooper, and each of them only come with one specific Clone Trooper (no Clone swapping between the sets), right?  Has anyone heard whether there's going to be more of these, for some of the other future CW figures?

Thanks for the info everyone!   :-*

Only three so far, Matt.  Anakin with Clone Lt. (blue), Yoda with Clone Commander (yellow) and ARC Trooper with your basic white grunt clone.  As for more, your guess is as good as mine.  I haven't heard anything yet.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I would suspect that IF we get more of these value packs in the future, that we might get a green Clone Trooper Sergeant and another white Clone Trooper with Obi-Wan and Mace.  I can't see them issuing more red Clone Troopers.  There are plenty out there as it is.

As for the others, if they do them, I get the feeling they may pack in Super Battle Droids or Battle Droids with the Seperatist characters.  Just a theory, nothing more.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 11:22 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2003, 11:02 AM »
The reason they aren't doing this all the time is because Hasbro needed to do some major ***  :P w/ WalMart. This was it... Could it happen again? Sure it could  ;)

Thing is Wally cancelled on their exclusives and really were not buying much at all including Clone Wars product... Hasbro knows WalMart is an account that you need and want to support a line of any kind. So sometimes you need to do what ya gotta do...

This is a money maker for WalMart and that is pretty obvious by the lack of these value packs anywhere. There was no way they could pass on it. Although this was a one shot deal...

However many were received by each store was it. There is no replenishing of these...

Hopefully everyone that wanted made out w/ at least a set...
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Value Packs in DL
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2003, 04:16 PM »
For those near Anaheim, Disneyland now has the Clone Wars value packs, in the Space Mountain gift shop
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Value Packs in DL
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2003, 12:05 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Ah, if there were only a  Disney World in St. Louis...

:P